cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Smith-expired!"

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Smith-expired!"

This keeps showing up on my phone. It started 3 days ago.
Anyone know what this is and what do i do with it?

Tags (1)
310 REPLIES 310
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: "Smith-expired!"

Screenshot_2014-07-28-18-54-20.png

Highlighted
Master

TNUTALL,

This is pretty strange. Does it just open on its own or does it open when you take any actions on the device? Let me know, I'll keep digging.

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It opens on it's own

Highlighted
Master

TNUTALL,

I see. Does it display in the list of apps installed on your device? Did it start appearing around the same time that you installed any other apps?

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It does not appear in the apps list.
I wiped my phone completely and it shows up as soon as they phone is restored, this is without applying the backup.

Highlighted
Master

TNUTALL,

Sounds like you may need a full software reload, which can be done in a service and repair store. Would you mind taking it in to one?

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

How is that any different then deleting data and going back to factory default?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is also happening to me. After an hour with tech support, they recommended that I take the phone in to a service center.

At the service center, they informed me that they didn't have the means to perform a software reload. What do I do now?

Highlighted
Master

KHALUDI630 - Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the device? They may be able to provide some pointers on this situation. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I appreciate your response. It may be significantly more effective for Sprint to contact HTC as I am certain Sprint has more clout with HTC than an individual customer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I took my phone in and of course no one has any clue as to what this is. I contacted HTC and they are looking into it .....so they say.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat