cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so frustrated with my HTC One (M8) and Sprint coverage

Journeyman

so frustrated with my HTC One (M8) and Sprint coverage

I got my brand-new phone on May 1, 2014.  It worked for about ten days and then would not connect to the network - no phone service, no data.  The tech tried online - no luck.  I spent an hour at the Sprint store - no luck.  I was told I'd have to return the phone and get a new one.  I did so on the 15th of May and was told that I was lucky - it was the last possible day to return the phone!  I received a brand-new, in-the-box phone, and here we are less than a week later and that phone is doing the same thing.  It won't stay connected to data, it won't let me make a phone calls. Sitting in one place, the connectivity will fluctuate from full bars to an X within a minute.  I'm paying outrageous prices for premium data service and half the time the thing only works on WiFi.  I'm trying a reset right now and it can't connect to the network long enough to do THAT!  I've been a Sprint customer for over ten years and I'm becoming more and more disgusted with the service.

14 REPLIES 14
Master

Re: so frustrated with my HTC One (M8) and Sprint coverage

bettibiz:

Thank you for reaching out to us in our forums and I'd be happy to assist with this.

Please provide the type of device and how it is set under Network Connection. What is your zip code and two cross streets? Are you connecting to an Airave at home?

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Wizard

their device is in the post title, how silly can you be??????

Master

riley_tommy:

Unfortunately, sometimes the Post headers do not always pull over to us fully (usually when the post header is long). I apologize for the oversight.

If you also have an issue that you need help with we would be more than happy to assist you.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Wizard

no thanks. I left for ATT about a month ago after 16+ years with sprint. Sprint didn't want to help with my issues.

Journeyman

Then stop trolling.

Wizard

EXACTLY!! Why would someone that is not even a sprint customer now be commenting on the boards and trolling forums ..?

Journeyman

Device: HTC One (M8).  Network mode is currently set to LTE/CDMA, but doesn't work any better on CDMA only or Automatic.  Zip is 99337, two cross streets are Highland Drive and Cascade but it doesn't work ANYWHERE in my city.  I don't know what an Airave is - I connect to WiFi at home. 

Master

Thank you bettibiz,

I would like to get a closer look at your account. I'm not showing any concerns with the local towers around your cross streets. If you could send us a private message with your phone number and pin code or answer to your security question, plus a link to this thread, we'll take a look at your account and get back to your shortly.

Thank you for your patience,
*Heather
Sprint Social Media Care
Journeyman

I responded as requested two days ago and haven't heard back yet.  Just FYI.

Master

Bettibiz Thank you for the reply. I have researched your PM and Heather responded back to it. Were you unable to receive a notification? *David Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same problem here, Sprint won't even admit it's their problem and after a month with my new HTC M8, I still can't use it to make phone calls or text.  Data only works when there is WiFi available.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat