cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 - ALL for One Gallery - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

HTC One M9 - ALL For One Gallery

Ever wanted the ability to view all your pictures and videos ever posted or created in multiple locations all within one application. HTC created the One Gallery. This program does not alter or change anything with your photos or videos itself. It just creates a repository where you can view any or all of your photos and videos taken and combined for you to see in one spot.

The One Gallery currently allows to view pictures and videos taken on the phone, included in Facebook, Google+, Dropbox, and Flickr. Users will be able to tag photos and videos organizing them across all locations. With large number of photos to go through HTC has even added an Image Match feature to search photos for similar faces and present them all at once. Which then the user can select photos of their liking and even add them to their very own folder.

Screenshot_2015-04-25-06-46-51.pngScreenshot_2015-04-25-06-47-04.pngScreenshot_2015-04-25-06-47-15.png

When you first start up the app it will advise this service will be working in conjunction with the current photo Gallery already in use on the device. Next you will be presented the login screen for either Google+ or Facebook. You only need to choose one and you can add the other later. Then you will be advised that initial loading will take time. This depends on the connection chosen and how many photos and videos you have. I did mine over Wi-Fi and it did not take too long at all.

Screenshot_2015-04-25-09-04-07.png Screenshot_2015-04-25-09-04-51.pngScreenshot_2015-04-25-06-47-25.png

Once in the app you will be presented on the services page. Here you can opt in all services to be combined in cataloging your pictures and videos. One of the advantages of this service is when adding on the additional repositories the program will verify similar pictures and will try not to duplicate pictures seen, eliminating multiple copies. When completed you will then be able to view your pictures by selecting the check mark in the top right corner. You will first be presented with the albums section allowing you to view photos from each repository. This view can be changed by selecting the menu option (top left). Here you can choose the gallery type from timeline, albums, locations, tags, and downloads and screenshots.

Screenshot_2015-04-25-09-04-18.png Screenshot_2015-04-25-06-49-16.pngScreenshot_2015-04-25-14-40-40.png

In the timeline section pictures and videos show up in 4 ways (calendar - Month/Year, Daily, Grid Mode, and Large view mode). In calendar format pictures and videos are separated in year and month based on the date imprinted on the picture. If pictures end up in the wrong year or month this can be corrected when viewing the picture in the app you can edit it and change the date. To change to the another view mode simply select the icon above the pictures.

Screenshot_2015-04-25-14-54-00.png  Screenshot_2015-04-25-14-54-12.png Screenshot_2015-04-25-14-54-18.png Screenshot_2015-04-25-14-54-31.png

Locations section will pull together pictures that have been geo tagged with location stamps. These will be the only pictures viewable in this section. In the Tags section all pictures will be broken down into groups of tags. This makes finding specific events or people easier should you use the tagging options in your pictures. This is the preferred method and makes wish I would have done this more. You can always update you pictures with tags when viewing them and editing them. This program will then re-sync and add them to the grouping created. In the final viewing section you have local pictures downloaded and taken via screen shot on the phone. For me, this will not be used that often. Let's say you have downloaded pictures from other locations not associated with the sites being cataloged then that is the only time I can see this being useful.

The One Gallery is unique in the fact that I can now clearly see all of my photos in one spot. I can review them, tag them, share them, and even reorganize them to suit my style and liking. This should be a standard on phones but clearly HTC is a step ahead in providing this feature. I am hoping they will expand on this solution by adding even more options with adding more sites and services.

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee