cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9: Specialty Dot View Case - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

HTC One M9: Specialty Dot View Case

With the addition of the M8 last year HTC unveiled the NEW DOT View cases which present a pixilated view from the front screen. With the M9 this advanced case allows the visibility to time, weather, and even last calls made or received. It even allows making calls right from the case view directly without opening the flap up. Along with the added features HTC has provided some new functionality to this much adored case. They have added the Dot View Design Application. With this application you can now create your own them or picture to go along with the case design.

to access the Dot view Design application:

1. Go to the application section of the phone
  2. Select the "HTC Dot View" icon (green icon with white dots)
  3. Select the "Menu" top left Icon
  4. Select "Apps"
  5. Select "Dot Design" If not downloaded the phone will request access to the playstore to download the application

Screenshot_2015-05-23-14-04-56.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-14-04-42.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-25-17.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-25-11.png

Once the application is open to start a design just select the "Plus Sign". You will be given 4 choices Dot Design, Free Sketch, Gallery, and Camera. Dot Design will let you choose a basic pre-made design you can then color and set as your dot view case image. Free Sketch is just that draw whatever you want. Gallery lets you take an image from your storage and then use that to make your own design with. Use the camera to snap a picture that can also be used and transformed into a design of your liking.

Screenshot_2015-05-23-13-46-22.png

I went with the option to transform an existing picture to my own. I select the picture from the gallery it imports into the program. I then select from the drawing menu either a pallet color, eraser, preview option, or Menu for other choices (clean sketch, change template, set as HTC Dot View, Share, or Exit). From the color pallet you provided 12 color choices with the option to color in 1 or 2 block increments.  Then it is just a matter of coloring the picture with the colors you wish to use. Once complete you can preview it or select under the menu to set it as your dot view choice.

Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-12-37.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-19-27.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-22-25.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-23-05.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-23-56.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-24-40.png

With the top cover closed this is the view of my creation.

20150523_104328.jpg

Enjoy making your creations and remember to be creative.

Disclaimer:
  The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee