cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Thoughts on HTC one A9

Journeyman

I have had this phone for 2 weeks now and wanted to take a good long time before I wrote anything on it. In the past I would write something too early without seeing how the device would integrate itself in my life. My kids are the main factors in deciding how good or bad a phone is.

1. Durability
  2. Software/ease of use
  3. Feel in hand/look
  4. Camera
  5. Sound

download.jpg

Durability – This phone is solid, unfortunately my son decided to test this theory out by tossing the phone. The phone survived the drop even without a case on it. I have no desire to test the durability any further and will be placing a case on the phone.

Software/ease of use– The A9 is one of the first non-Nexus phones that has Googles new Marshmallow OS on it.  The Fingerprint reader is by far one of the best on any device on the market. The user can now use the finger print reader to wake the phone up from sleep and unlock at the same time. Users of this phone will now want this feature on every device that you have. Some things just make sense, HTC’s finger print reader makes you wonder why it was not implemented years ago. You can even use the finger print scanner to authorize purchases on Google play. It makes you feel that we are in a galaxy far far away.

Look – This device just looks amazing, it has a sleek look. I’m a pocket protector type of a nerd, I place my phone in my front shirt pocket. As weird as it is to say, the phone really slides well into all of my pockets. I’m not going to lie, people have mistaken this phone for another company’s phone.

Camera – A good portion of my life is about capturing moments of my kids life, enough so that I can blackmail them when they get older. I need to be able to have embarrassing pictures and videos to show when they get too big for their britches. Slow motion, hyper lapse, panoramic, Raw. All of these are options on the A9, you the user can learn and become a real pro at taking pictures of those life events.

Sound – HTC has gone away from their front facing speakers which was a disappointment for me. The A9 has focused their efforts on improving the headphone experience. Music is a big part of my life, and sound quality via the headphones are a major part of my listening life. The headphones are always in my ears, driving, chores around the house, almost all the time.

1 Comment