cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Cover Your M9 With This Case!

Journeyman

Spigen_Slim_Armor1.jpg

The HTC One M9 is a beautiful piece of hardware.  From the moment you first hold the device, its all-metal body and mirrored edges screams quality.  It’s an extremely satisfying piece of equipment and you will not want to put it down.  When dealing with such a well-designed device, protection becomes a priority.  Luckily, Spigen has you covered.

The company’s Slim Armor line has always been a great combination of protection and elegance and this one is no different.  The case has two layers:  TPU interior and harder polycarbonate exterior.  Both layers work well together and fits really snug on the M9.  Installation is pretty simple and right away I noticed that it didn’t add a whole lot of bulk to the device.  The M9 is a pretty slender device so the Slim Armor case actually gave it a little bit better fit in my hands.  It really does complement the phone well.

On the back of the case you’ll find a kickstand that comes in handy when watching videos or if you prefer to use your phone as a desk clock.  Currently Spigen offers three colors:  Champagne Gold, Gunmetal and Metal Slate.  I current have the Champagne Gold version and it’s gorgeous.  From a distance the outer shell almost looks like a shiny metal although it’s really polycarbonate.  The buttons fit perfectly and so does the cutouts for all the ports.

This case will definitely provide more than adequate drop protection.  It has a lip that is raised 2 mm around the edges of the screen to protect from those often fatal face down drops.  Although this does offer some protection for the screen, I always recommend getting a screen protector – a tempered glass one at that.  The 2 mm lip should get the job done for more subtle drops on flat surfaces however drops on uneven or bumpy surfaces are hard to protect against.

I’ve used the Spigen Slim Armor before so my expectations were pretty high and the M9 case did not disappoint.  In fact, I think it enhances the feel of the device.  My only complaint about the design of the M9 is that it feels a bit slender which initially makes it a little awkward to hold so the miniscule bulk that is added by the case is very welcome.  This case sells for $30 on Spigen’s website however it’s currently $19-20 over on Amazon based on your color selection.

See you soon,

Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee