cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 Blog

1 Comment

I have had this phone for 2 weeks now and wanted to take a good long time before I wrote anything on it. In the past I would write something too early without seeing how the device would integrate itself in my life. My kids are the main factors in deciding how good or bad a phone is.

1. Durability
  2. Software/ease of use
  3. Feel in hand/look
  4. Camera
  5. Sound

download.jpg

Durability – This phone is solid, unfortunately my son decided to test this theory out by tossing the phone. The phone survived the drop even without a case on it. I have no desire to test the durability any further and will be placing a case on the phone.

Software/ease of use– The A9 is one of the first non-Nexus phones that has Googles new Marshmallow OS on it.  The Fingerprint reader is by far one of the best on any device on the market. The user can now use the finger print reader to wake the phone up from sleep and unlock at the same time. Users of this phone will now want this feature on every device that you have. Some things just make sense, HTC’s finger print reader makes you wonder why it was not implemented years ago. You can even use the finger print scanner to authorize purchases on Google play. It makes you feel that we are in a galaxy far far away.

Look – This device just looks amazing, it has a sleek look. I’m a pocket protector type of a nerd, I place my phone in my front shirt pocket. As weird as it is to say, the phone really slides well into all of my pockets. I’m not going to lie, people have mistaken this phone for another company’s phone.

Camera – A good portion of my life is about capturing moments of my kids life, enough so that I can blackmail them when they get older. I need to be able to have embarrassing pictures and videos to show when they get too big for their britches. Slow motion, hyper lapse, panoramic, Raw. All of these are options on the A9, you the user can learn and become a real pro at taking pictures of those life events.

Sound – HTC has gone away from their front facing speakers which was a disappointment for me. The A9 has focused their efforts on improving the headphone experience. Music is a big part of my life, and sound quality via the headphones are a major part of my listening life. The headphones are always in my ears, driving, chores around the house, almost all the time.

0 Comments

HTC has provided the uh oh guarantee for their new flagship device, however that doesn't mean that you should not protect this awesome phone.

Even Roman soldiers wore armor into battle, so you should put something to cover your phone.

Many of us, my family included have butter fingers. My wife drops her phone on a regular basis, this is the number 1 reason for any type of case.

Spigen has come up with their Slim Armor case seen here.

The case offers great protection without adding a bunch of bulk to the device.

The slim armor is what the name advertises. In the past this would have been a trade off, yes we want the protection who wants to carry a brick in their pocket.

These cases have a kick stand, this is perfect for us parents when we go to resteraunts. In the past I would have propped up the phone against my glass of ice water only to see it slide down and fall on the table.

The Spigen Slim Armor allows the parent to bring up a cartoon (Ducktales or Darkwing Duck for me) prop the phone up and go about your business.

I know you have gotten that weird feeling when you've given your unprotected device to others, I get a feeling in the pit of my stomach just knowing that it is about to get dropped.

Since getting the case, I no longer get this feeling.

Get this case and you can have the feeling of security.

htc-one-m9-case-1.jpg

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

The new Dot View case has improved on the previous iteration. The flip cover now stays open and closed. It covers all edges of the phone, and gives the user of the HTC the piece of mind of having a good case that doesn't take away from the aesthetics of the phone it self. The number plus of the case is that it allows you to show off that premium backside of the phone. The Dotview case has its own themes, apps and games. To take full advantage of the case, you the user should install HTC Dot Design and HTC Dot Breaker. The Dot View case also comes in a vast array of colors.

Dot Design lets you draw your own themes and display them once your close the front flap of the case. Let your M9 be your canvas by turning your own pictures from your gallery into pixelated Masterpieces. Become Jackson Pollack reincarnated.

After you have customized the look of the phone, it is now time to turn back to clock and play a game that is really enjoyable.

Boom beach, clash of clans, and so many other games are out on the market. However for a child of the early 90's I am quite nostalgic for the old school games. I remember when I got my first cell phone which was a Nokia. The style of the phone never changed for years. The most enjoyable and only apps on the phone were a pong style game and snake. Hour upon hours of fun in my opinion.

Dot breaker is a throw back app that can be played using your dot view case on the HTC One M9. Many of todays mobile games have a shelf life of a few weeks. I pay the 99 cents, play the game for 1 or 2 weeks and never use it again. I get bored with it, Dot Breaker isnt like that. I am able to pull the phone out at any time and with only the use of one hand am able to play the game and enjoy it. I find this to be an excellent reason to purchase the dot view case for your HTC One M9.

htc-dotbreaker.jpg

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

Your HTC One M9 comes with HTC's Boomsound.  The phone has 2 front-facing speakers with a built in amplifier to deliver the rich audio you get from Boomsound with Dolby audio.  The new Boomsound comes with support for 5.1 channel surround sound for your built-in speakers or for connected devices (HTC BoomSound with Dolby Audio is not available over HDMI, Bluetooth,Miracast, or USB audio out).  According to HTC, "listeners can perceive more details in a rich and pleasant audio space whether its from the smartphone speakers or headsets."  When you are listening to Music, use Boomsound Music mode.  You will get a little more out of your bass with music mode.  However, when you are watching a movie, switch it to Theatre Mode.  It will sound a bit louder and accentuate the audio effects of the movie.

To change the setting while in your movie or song, drag down the notification bar.  Choose Switch mode to toggle between Music mode and Theatre mode.

Screenshot_2015-04-28-11-43-45.png

Use the headphones that came with your HTC one and you can choose the in-ear option to get the best experience out of your headphones.  Boomsound makes audio on your HTC One M9 a truly unique experience for your ears. I am impressed with the sound quality on this phone.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

One of the best places to see reviews of phones from everyday Sprint customers is on Sprint.com. People who have used the phones will give their hones opinion in order to help new buyers make a smart decision. Critic reviews have been mixed on the M9 with many reviewers saying it is not enough of a change from the M8 to justify an upgrade. Others have said it is still among the best Android phones out there. The M9 has been drawing some of those same opposite reviews on Sprint.com. Here is a sample of some that are out there.

Review 1.png

Review 2.png

Review 3.png

If you want to check out more customer reviews on the HTC One M9, or look at other phone reviews follow the link: http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp;jsessionid=DA15C216A916C7357C136A81B99728D9.s...

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

20150418_133305_resized.jpg

I have been using the HTC One M9 off and on for a few months now. HTC has always been one of my favorite Android manufacturers. I know a lot of people out there stick with one brand when it comes to phones. Some will never buy anything other than a Samsung, others love their LGs, and there are a ton of HTC die hards out there. I really can see the beauty in all of these brands. The HTC One M9 has received a lot of slack for looking identical to the M8 and not having enough changes to justify a new phone. HTC has been in a tough position. With each of the M series of phones that they have released, the one praise that it has received time and time again is that it is the most beautiful Android phone on the market. If I were building a phone and I was told the same thing, I am not sure I would change up the look of the phone either. That leads into the software. BoomSound has always been called best in class sound. HTC was very inventive to put two speakers on the front of the phone to give the best sound in the industry. They have kept this trend on many of their new releases over the past few years. So now you have a phone with arguably the best look and the best sound. Phone manufactures are expected to have a new product once a year. They have done this to themselves by creating the demand in the past.

HTC found itself in a hard place because they really had an awesome product with the HTC One M8. They did what they could by updating some of the software within the phone, getting rid of the Duo Camera and adding a larger megapixel shooter, and updated the specs to today’s tech. The camera really does fall short of other phones out there, but the rest of the phone can easily compete with flagships from each of the top manufactures. In my opinion I have really loved the One M9. I know it’s not a huge change from the M8, but they improved many of the small issues that there were with it’s previous phone. HTC still has room to improve in camera so hopefully we will see some software updates in future devices. Until then I am completely satisfied with the M9 and love the look and feel of the phone. I hope that people use the phone for a period of time where they can see just how good it is.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

When the HTC first released their first One series phone, the first noticeable feature when removed from the box was the location of the speakers. You couldn't miss them, and if you are someone like me then you couldn't wait to use them. The M9 is no different, the front facing speakers are the reason to love this phone over any others that you may consider. Remember the old days of cupping your hand so that you could understand what was being sung by your favorite artist or what was said by your favorite actor during that monologue? The speakers on the M9 allow you to fold your arms back and just enjoy.

When you're using the HTC One M9's built-in front-facing speakers, BoomSound is enabled at all times — but you do get the choice of two playback modes suited to different types of content. Theater mode is designed for video or movie playback, and is louder overall, though with a tendency to be a little tinny when playing music. Music mode is a little quieter — though still crazy loud oveall — and emphasises the low-end a bit more for richer bass. If you make these changes, you can get the full experience of the content that you want to enjoy.

Settings > HTC BoomSound with Dolby Audio

With the HTC you can sing my man DMX would "Here comes the Boom"

download (2).jpg

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

HTC as usual delivers a device that is spot on with everyone's expectations. A high end device that delivers on all promises.

There are things that should be done when getting this phone which will help you get the most out of this phone.

1. Go through and disable all of the apps that you don't use

2. Keep it on "Power Save Mode." It underclocks the processor, but take my word for it, performance doesn't suffer once single bit. It still feels just as fast with Power Save Mode enabled.

3. Install the "Battery Doctor" App. It helps keep background apps from draining the battery.

I very easily make it a full day of mid to heavy use.

4. Use Blinkfeed offline;

Access the offline configuration by opening up the BlinkFeed settings from the slide-out navigation bar. First, set a mode for Offline reading, which is disabled by default. You can have BlinkFeed cache the full content of the posts or just the text. Content is added to your offline reading list with the button in the top right corner of expanded stories.

5. Motion Launch

Lets face it, one of the quirks that I am not fond of is the location of the power button, however with Motion Launch you rarely have to use it.

Motion Launch allows you to use gestures to wake the device and perform various actions while the screen is asleep.

Go to Settings > Display&Gestures>Motion Launch

6. HTC Connect

I love being able to stream videos from my gallery over to my television. When I do it at my parents house, I love seeing the look on their face as if we were in a Startrek episode.

Go to Settings > Display&Gestures>Media Gesture, this window is where you can pick a target device (Xbox etc..)

These options will help you optimize your experience with the HTC One M9

Thanks

Stanny George

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

M9 Spigen.jpg

Over the past few years I have tested out a ton of phones. The one case company I keep go back to is Spigen. They make really good looking cases that usually don’t add a lot of bulk to a phone. When I got the HTC One M9 I received the Slim Armor case to go with it. The case did an awesome job protecting the phone and it even came with a kickstand. My favorite case in the Spigen line is the Ultra Hybrid. I get the clear version so you can see the device. Since I demo a lot of phones, I usually end up taking off the case so people can really get a good look at it. With the Ultra Hybrid in clear, the beauty of the M9 really shows up.

Two weeks ago I was doing a demo to a large group of people. Towards the end of the event someone accidentally dropped the phone onto the tile. Luckily for me and the phone, it was protected with the case. It hit the back side of the phone and tumbled a little. Everything ended up perfect and the phone didn’t get a scratch. I am the kind of person who is really careful with my phones and have not had a lot of drops, but I always get a case for those unexpected situations or when someone else is using my phone. I also don’t worry when I let my three year old nephew play with it. Spigen makes really awesome cases for most flagship devices. They also make a really good variety of styles so there is something for everyone. If you have not used a Spigen case I highly recommend you pick one up to protect your phone!

Pic from Spigen.com 

0 Comments

Being a photo enthusiast, I spent a little bit of time playing with the HTC One M9 RAW mode, and feeling a bit disappointed with the results.  I took some photos in RAW mode, then use my Corel Aftershot Pro (used to be called Bibble) raw processing software to process them.  One advantage with RAW mode capture is you can manipulate the raw picture data hence can potentially produce better processed picture than the camera processed one because the computer and the software would have more processing power than the processor on the camera.  For picture which needs enhancement, the raw mode processing software can somewhat produce good looking picture without losing the photo quality as the data is processed from data read directly from the camera sensor (raw mode).

So I took some photos at very low light condition using the RAW mode on the HTC One M9 and the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (Jpeg mode).  I used Corel Aftershot Pro to process the RAW images from the HTC One M9.  In one photo, I tried to apply the Noise Ninja plugin to reduce the noise of the photo with similar settings that I would with images that I captured from my SLR.  I use Adobe Preview to reduce the size of the photos to 1600 pixel so I can include here.  If you need full size photos, please leave a note here and I will send you the full size photos.

Below is the night landscape photo of a house with lighting:

IMAG0869-x1600-no-noise.jpg

HTC One M9 RAW

20150507_225258-note-edge.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (JPG)

Here are the photos processed with and without noise reduction:

IMAG0866-x1600-no-noise.jpg

HTC One M9 RAW – no noise reduction

IMAG0866-with-noise-red-x1600.jpg

HTC One M9 RAW – with noise reduction

20150507_225258-note-edge.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge (JPEG)

Judge it for yourself.  For me, I like the JPEG images produced by the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge than the RAW mode images captured by the HTC One M9.  Just hope that HTC will improve the image processing and provide updates to improve the HTC One M9 camera processing.

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

M9-logo.png

Back in April, I received my HTC One M9 and was looking forward to this phone. I have been a fan of HTC for a long time with HTC Hero as my first HTC phone followed by the HTC EVO LTE, M7 and M8.

htc-one-m9-5.jpg

The HTC One M9 is a beautiful phone to hold because it feels so solid with its all metal body design. HTC did make a few changes this year with the HTC One M9 by moving the power button to the side of the phone below the volume control. If this was your first time with HTC phone that would be no big deal, I kept trying to turn the screen on by pressing on the top of the phone like did with the M7 & M8. The button placement is no big deal and something I can get use to.... overall the M9 feels better in hand that the M8 and I really liked the M8.

Another change this year was the two front facing speakers feature Dolby Audio as a standard for their Boomsound. I have been a fan of their front facing speakers since the HTC One M7 and I am glad that HTC kept the speakers in front. I have not found a phone yet that can beat the audio from the HTC One M9.

M9-logo.pngspigen1.PNG

HTC introduced Uh-Oh protection this year for those accidental drops that might crack the screen or fall into the water along with other advantages. I do not want to take the chance of dropping my phone to I always protect mine with a case. I tried both a HTC Dot View case and case made by Spigen. I ended up sticking with my Spigen case for that extra protection around the phone and the kickstand.

camera.jpg

The biggest change HTC made this year was with the camera. The 4 Ultrapixel camera was moved to the front for selfies and a 20 megapixel camera was added to the back. I am a camera person and I was really looking forward to the 20mp camera with this change. Out of the box, the HTC One M9 is set to automatic and does not always capture the best picture. HTC does provide the option to make adjustments through manual mode which is what I recommend for the best shots. The camera is good just not great like some of the other phones that are out. One nice addition that HTC made available through an update was RAW format. This provides a lot of options for those with Photoshop and other editing software.

Overall, the HTC One M9 is a good phone that provides great audio for watching a movie on its 5 inch 1080x1920 HD display or streaming your favorite songs. I do love the call quality on my M9 as it is crisp and clear. The call quality is so clear I sometimes have to check to see if the other person is still on the other line because it is so clear. I was disappointed in the camera this year. I am still able to take good pictures and launch my camera quickly with Quick Launch Camera feature through Motion Gestures setting.

Check out the HTC One M9 yourself at a Sprint store near you or order one online at Sprint.com.

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

One of the cool things that HTC offers to complement the HTC One M9 is its unique Dot View case. The Dot View case is a rubberized folio case the has holes on the front of it. The holes allow for the light from the device display to shine through, creating a fun, 8bit-like, dot matrix appearance.

Screenshot 2015-05-26 11.58.59.png

With the Dot View case closed, you can receive notifications, make and receive calls, control your music, use the flashlight, use your voice recorder, play dot view games (by HTC and 3rd party developers), display a customized message, and design your own Dot View theme (aka wallpaper).

To get started, you need to have an HTC One M9 and Dot View case (both for sale at Sprint). If the Dot View app is not on your HTC One M9, download it for free from Google Play, as the Dot View app is needed to get the full functionality of the Dot View case. Also available from Google Play for the Dot View case are HTC?s Dot Breaker, and Dot Design, as well as some games from 3rd party developers.

After you place the HTC Dot View case on the M9, open the Dot View app. From within this app, you can access Dot View case themes, apps, and settings...

Themes

There are a good selection of still themes (or wallpapers, rather), holiday themes, and live themes from which you can choose for your Dot View case. You can even create your own themes with the HTC Dot Design app.

Apps

This area showcases the three (as of the time of this post) main Dot View apps that are designed by HTC.

• Dot Design - This app (download via Google Play) allows you to create your own themes for Dot View. You can create a drawing from scratch, draw on your existing photos, or choose one of HTC?s templates. After you design your theme, you can save it as a theme, save it as a photo, and/or share it with others.
  • Dot Breaker - Remember Breakout from the 70?s? Well, Dot Breaker (download via Google Play) is HTC?s spin on Breakout that you can play with your Dot View case closed. Pretty nifty!
  • Dot Message - Dot Message allows you to create a 50 character customized message that scrolls across your device with the Dot View case closed. You can customize your message, change both the message and background colors, make it flash, and adjust the scroll & flash speed. Dot Message is already included within the Dot View app and does not require an additional download from Google Play.

Settings

This is the area where you access all of your Dot View settings, such as the screen timeout (5, 10, or 15 seconds), turning Dot View on or off, notification settings (select which apps from which you?d like to view notifications in Dot View), call history, security screen bypass, and automatic holiday theme application.

I have been using the Dot View case on my HTC One M9 and have been very pleased. If you own an HTC One M9, you should definitely get the HTC Dot View case, in my opinion. It protects the device while offering both fun and useful functionality. You can purchase the HTC One M9 and a Dot View case from Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Overall, I have really enjoyed my time with the HTC One M9. I wasn’t quite sure what to think when I opened the box. It looked very similar to the HTC One M8! After walking through some of the subtle differences, like the movement of the power key from the top to the side, the ridge on the front of the device to help with grip, I was convinced that HTC’s decision to keep it mostly the same was a good one.

download (1).jpg

The HTC one M8 was a beautifully designed smartphone. So there was really no reason to give it an overhaul. And the minor enhancements seemed to stem from customer feedback, which is always a good decision! Where HTC put the major changes was under the hood of the device. The super fast processing power, and upgraded HTC Sense were excellent. Another change from the previous flagship was the camera. They moved their Ultrapixel camera to the front, which makes sense since its better in low light situations. And the put a 20 megapixel camera on the back, which takes great outdoor shots!

There were also some great additions to the photo editing capabilities. Now its easier than ever to get that perfect picture without the need for expensive touch up software. And of course, once you have a gallery full of perfectly edited phots, you can put them in a Zoe highlight video to share.

I’m a big fan of HTC’s build design, and they’ve taken another step in the right direction with their software upgrades with the M9. If you’re looking for a beautiful devices with amazing camera features, look no further than the HTC One M9.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to HTC One M9

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I recently got my hands on another awesome case for my HTC One M9. It is the HTC Dot View case for the One series. I’ve been lucky enough to have a couple of these types of cases for my HTC phones over the years, and I still say its one of the most useful cases I’ve ever used.

download.jpg

The soft silicone offers a much better grip on the phone than going caseless. And the hard plastic helps keep that beautiful design free from scuffs and scratches. However, the greatest reason for owning the dot view case is the pixelated image you see when you activate the phone through the case! HTC has incorporated and 8-Bit style rendering of your screen that shows through the holes in your case, making it possible to interact with the device and see important information like notifications, time, and weather. I use the case’s ability to make phone calls without ever opening the case almost every day. Other features include being able to open the case directly into blinkfeed, or your messaging app.

The dot view case sacrifices some protection when compared to my Spigen case, but what it lacks in armored protection, it makes up for in increased utility and sweet pixelated images. The case is a folio style case which means it snaps onto the back of the device and has a flap that wraps around the device to protect the screen - and when you open the case, your screen automatically wakes up.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

The HTC One M9 has made some really cool changes to its camera software. One of my favorite additions is the app called “Photo Editor” There is a bunch of features packed into this app, and HTC was nice enough to include it in their stock HTC Sense 7. Photo Editor has the features you’d expect from any self respecting photo editing software like: filters, frames, and the ability to draw on your pictures as you see fit. Some other pretty cool photo enhancing items include: straighten, anti-shine and face contour! You can find all of these and a whole lot more inside the photo editor app.

My favorite two features of the photo enhancing software inside photo editor are skin smoother and face fusion. I’m sure you can guess what each of these apps do, but the results are fantastic. You can get to the photo editor app a couple of ways. There is an app shortcut located in your app drawer. There is also an option to open the app when you’re reviewing your photos in gallery. Simply tap on the photo you wish to edit, this will bring up some options along the bottom, select photo editor and voila. You’re off making some really cool enhancements to your photo.

Skin smoother works wonders by blurring away our cosmetic imperfections as we search for the perfect selfie. I don’t take a bunch of selfies anyway, but you can be sure that when I do, they won’t get shared unless there is some skin smoothing and other enhancements. I guess I’m just selfie-conscious that way. (see what I did there?) The option lets you pick your desired level of enhancement via a slider. From completely unedited, to probably overly blurred skin tone, you can find that perfect sweet spot every time.

My favorite feature in the app is in the Elements menu. Here, you get to choose between a few different elements to add to your picture. Your options include dust, fog, leaves, snow, and more! These features really add a lot to your photos, and you can even save the elements and their animations as videos! After you’re done editing your photos and selfies to your liking, you’re ready to combine them all in a Zoe!

0 Comments

The HTC DOT View case provides wear protection to the back and front of your shiny new HTC One M9. The case has a flap that folds over the front, and the flap has tiny holes in it, and an opening for both cameras on the front and the back.

What makes the Dot View case unique is that it interacts with your phone screen and the built-in Dot View application to give users the feel of an old 8-bit Nintendo style display. Users can keep the flap shut, double-tap the front, and see the time, weather / temperature, battery charge (when plugged into charger), and missed call notifications without having to open it.

The settings can be found by opening the HTC Dot View application, and choosing Settings.  Here the user can control what type of notifications are displayed on Dot View, and from which applications.

settings.pngnotifications.png

Moreover, there are additional apps available to further customize HTC Dot View.  Themes gives the user an option to add custom images, holiday themes, and even live themes (like the picture of the space shuttle taking off!). There are additional options in the HTC Dot View app that allows users to use Dot Design, Dot Breaker, or Dot Message.

shuttle.jpg

Dot Design allows the user to free draw a picture and use it on their Dot View home screen.  Dot Breaker is a variation of the old BrickBreaker game where you move a paddle to bounce a ball into bricks in an effort to eliminate all of the bricks.

Finally, Dot Message allows you to add a custom message, and have it scroll across the screen (I made it say "Jeff was here").

brickbreaker.jpg

message.jpg

Overall, my use of the Dot View case has been positive.  I like the quick access to time / temperature without having to open the cover.  I also like that you can turn your flashlight on from quick settings, close the cover and the screen goes dark, but the flashlight stays on.  I do like that the flap stays closed very well, but if I had to offer a design suggestion, it would be to make the flap not fold up so easily and to make it so that it can wrap around the back, and stay (or maybe use it as a stand to watch a movie).

0 Comments

I may not spend a tremendous amount of time ON my phone, but I do spend a tremendous amount of time CHECKING my phone throughout the day.  Although I am not OCD with reducing keystrokes to maximize my efficiency in use of my phone, anything that makes life easier is welcomed.  Introducing – Motion gestures.  Essentially these are relatively easy / non-tedious tasks to perform (and remember) to wake up your phone to various system functions.  You will need to make sure the Motion Launch gesture is enabled for each item you wish to use by going to Settings > Display & gestures > Motion Launch gestures, and make sure the ones you wish to use are enabled by check marking the respective box to the right.

Screenshot_2015-05-23-14-50-39.png

Waking up to the lock screen

This is a quick and easy one that I use frequently.  Instead of pressing the power button, just pick your phone up and double-tap on the screen. You are a swipe away from getting to the last open screen prior to the phone going to “sleep.”  This is useful if you want a quick check of the Date/Time, or to view your notifications.

launchtolockscreen.PNG

-- image from HTC

Waking up and unlocking

When you want to actually open your phone without going to the lock screen, do the following:  Pick up your phone, and swipe from the very bottom of the phone upwards.  Your phone will unlock to the last open screen on your phone.  I like this one.

launchtounlock.PNG

-- image from HTC

Waking up to the Home widget panel

If you want to wake up the phone to your Home screen, this is the gesture for you.  I should say that I found it somewhat difficult doing this with a case that “lips” over the side of the phone.  Nonetheless, pick up your phone, and, from the right side of the phone, swipe your thumb across the screen to the left.  Even if you were on a different page when your phone went to sleep, it will take you to your home screen.

launchtowidgets.PNG

-- image from HTC

Waking up to HTC BlinkFeed

I use BlinkFeed mostly to stay current on news headlines, but it can be used for social networking, or for finding something to do nearby.  This process is almost the same as the Home widget gesture.  Pick your phone up, swipe your thumb from left to right, and BlinkFeed opens up.  I found it tedious to swipe from left to right with my thumb with my phone case.

blinkfeed.PNG

-- image from HTC

Auto launching the camera with Motion Launch Snap

Yes, there are multiple ways to get your camera to open, but to do it directly from Sleep mode to open camera app you will want to use this gesture.  Pick up your phone in landscape mode (horizontal), while holding down the volume button (either up or down).  Keep holding until you feel a vibration feedback, then let go.

cameralaunch.PNG

-- image from HTC

Making a call with Quick call

This gesture combines voice interaction with the swipe motion.  Pick up your phone and swipe down from the top.  If you have a lock screen setup, you will need to enter your lock code. The phone will open and an icon will appear to suggest the phone is waiting for your voice input.  Simply say “Call” followed by the name of the person in your contacts you wish to dial.

voice.PNG

-- image from HTC

Motion Launch makes life just a little bit easier.

0 Comments

HTC One M9: Specialty Dot View Case

With the addition of the M8 last year HTC unveiled the NEW DOT View cases which present a pixilated view from the front screen. With the M9 this advanced case allows the visibility to time, weather, and even last calls made or received. It even allows making calls right from the case view directly without opening the flap up. Along with the added features HTC has provided some new functionality to this much adored case. They have added the Dot View Design Application. With this application you can now create your own them or picture to go along with the case design.

to access the Dot view Design application:

1. Go to the application section of the phone
  2. Select the "HTC Dot View" icon (green icon with white dots)
  3. Select the "Menu" top left Icon
  4. Select "Apps"
  5. Select "Dot Design" If not downloaded the phone will request access to the playstore to download the application

Screenshot_2015-05-23-14-04-56.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-14-04-42.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-25-17.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-25-11.png

Once the application is open to start a design just select the "Plus Sign". You will be given 4 choices Dot Design, Free Sketch, Gallery, and Camera. Dot Design will let you choose a basic pre-made design you can then color and set as your dot view case image. Free Sketch is just that draw whatever you want. Gallery lets you take an image from your storage and then use that to make your own design with. Use the camera to snap a picture that can also be used and transformed into a design of your liking.

Screenshot_2015-05-23-13-46-22.png

I went with the option to transform an existing picture to my own. I select the picture from the gallery it imports into the program. I then select from the drawing menu either a pallet color, eraser, preview option, or Menu for other choices (clean sketch, change template, set as HTC Dot View, Share, or Exit). From the color pallet you provided 12 color choices with the option to color in 1 or 2 block increments.  Then it is just a matter of coloring the picture with the colors you wish to use. Once complete you can preview it or select under the menu to set it as your dot view choice.

Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-12-37.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-19-27.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-22-25.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-23-05.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-23-56.png Screenshot_2015-05-23-07-24-40.png

With the top cover closed this is the view of my creation.

20150523_104328.jpg

Enjoy making your creations and remember to be creative.

Disclaimer:
  The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

HTC One M9: Get your storage on

If your NEW to HTC world you will be thrilled to learn that your new shiny device comes with FREE storage. Google as incentive is working together with HTC to offer 100GB of free online storage through the "GOOGLE DRIVE" storage application. This space will be available to you the user for up to 2 years. This is a great way to allow the ability to expand you devices abilities and not hinder the devices internal storage space. With Googles storage you can use it to store "ANY" File which can be accessible anywhere whether through you phone or tablet, or home PC. You can even share files like pictures with friends easily.

To setup this free storage follow this guide:

Sign in to your Google Account on HTC One—and not from your computer or other non-HTC phones—to claim this offer.

Open the Drive app. If this is your first time to open the Drive app, walk through the product tour until you see the additional storage offer. If you've opened this app before and currently don't see the screen for redeeming the offer, tap > Settings > Product Tour to walk through the product tour.

On the screen that shows the additional storage offer, tap Redeem. Or to claim the offer at a later time, tap Offer Details and check up to when you can redeem the offer. 

Screenshot_2015-05-22-07-09-21.png Screenshot_2015-05-22-07-09-28.png Screenshot_2015-05-22-07-09-34.png

Screenshot_2015-05-22-07-03-38.png Screenshot_2015-05-22-07-09-50.png

Note:

• If the Drive app is not preloaded on your phone, download it from Google Play.

Enjoy your free storage I know I will.

Disclaimer:
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

5 Comments

m1ajzgexnn3jujrvqsww.jpg

Camera.png

This year the HTC One M9 has a new 20 megapixel camera for the rear facing camera with a Ultrapixel front facing camera. One of the features I like about my HTC One M9 are the Motion Gestures. They allow me to quickly access my phone by double tapping the screen, swipe right to access Blinkfeed and volume button down with the phone sideways to launch the camera. There are other Motion Gestures available through Settings > Display & gestures > Motion gestures. My focus will be on the quick launching option for the camera...

20150404_181322.jpg20150404_181330.jpg

I need the camera to launch quickly to capture moments like this of my daughters picking wildflowers and offering them to me.... the ability to have the camera to launch very fast is important. Here are some screenshots of where to find the setting and it is defaulted to off....

Motion Launch.PNG

When the settings come ups the first demo for Motion Launch Gestures (MLW) is double tapping the screen, tap on number 6 for a demo of how MLW works to launch the camera App.

Check out a HTC One M9 at a Sprint store near you for Memorial weekend so that you do not miss that once in a lifetime picture!

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Connecting the Dots with my M9 Dot View Case

So, I love visual appeal and because of this, exploring accessories often gets me heated up.  You already have a hot flagship HTC One M9, what’s next?  You got it!  You NEED a case.  I for one generally use a combo between an external body cover held in a belt holster. Generally, this works rather well, but lately I often question if my screen is really all that protected (hint: It’s not).

Now I’m not really a fan of the aftermarket screen film that gets applied to the screen. That’s not to say I don’t think they work.  I’m really just super picky at the application and always mess up at least two applications before I get one stuck down where I can be happy with.

This factor alone made me super excited to check out what the HTC Dot View case had to offer. Was I satisfied?  You bet I am.  First off, accept no substitutes, make sure your dot view case is a real-deal HTC product (looking online there are a few imposters out there).  Once you get that confirmed.  Clip it on and hold on to your hats.

The first thing I love about the case is the spring action of the cover flap.  It’s nice.  When you flip it open the screen turns on.  Let it go and the flap immediately covers the screen (protecting it when not in use).  Tap on the font cover and it’ll show you the time, temperature and other customizable content.  The through case display (dot view) is just cool to look at.   I find myself tapping on the screen randomly just to see how cool it looks.

However, looks aside there is functionality here as well.  In the morning when my alarm clock goes off, I can snooze or silent the alarm right through the case.  You can also navigate your music to some degree (Next, Previous and Pause) right through the case.  All this with style and ease. 

Does it fit my holster?  Like a glove! It slides in an out without getting hung up and I always have peace of mind that my screen is covered.    If you haven’t checked out one of these cases, you really must.  I think you would be pressed to find a prettier example.

I encourage you all to check out HTC’s tutorial for more fun tricks and functionality with the HTC Dot View Case.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

NOTE: Dot View Tutorial Complements of HTC and available here: http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-dot-view/

0 Comments

M9-logo.pngORspigen1.PNG

I have to have a case to protect my HTC One M9 because I often forget that I have it in my lap when I get out of my truck. I received a Spigen Slim Armor case when I got my HTC One M9 and have had it for several weeks. My Spigen case has already saved my phone several times after falling out of my truck. One of the things I really like about my Spigen case other than the protection it provides, is the kickstand. I use the kickstand to watch movies on my phone and my daughters enjoy it to prop my phone up to watch a show on too.

Here is a short video installing both a HTC Dot View and my Spigen case:

The HTC Dot View case is a really cool case with some interesting features. The case will provide notifications with flip closed along with the ability to answer any calls coming in. I like the theme options and did not go into it to much in the video.

DV settings.PNG

Access the Dot View settings to make changes to how you want to view things on your Dot View case.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Personalize
  3. Tap HTC Dot View

Here you will have options for Settings, Apps and Themes.

Theme.PNG

There are several themes to select from or create your own. More information on HTC located here.

After trying out both cases, I have decided to stay with my Spigen Slim Armor because of the kickstand and how it has protected my HTC One M9 already. The HTC Dot View case adds a extra layer of protections with the flip screen, although I would have to open it for selfies and keep it open for taking other pictures. For me, the main take away it taking pictures and I take a lot of my 2 daughters growing up.

20150405_114622.jpg

Visit a Sprint store and check out the HTC One M9 and check out the case options while you're there.

Thanks,

Blue

0 Comments

M9-logo.png

htc-one-m9-global-sketchfab-gunmetal.png

The HTC One M9 is the best sounding smartphones on the market currently with its Boomsound with Dolby Audio. Seems like every year there is an improvement over the other with the two front facing speakers. It is one thing for someone to write about the sound quality from the M9 and another to hear it for yourself.

HTC-One-M9-Features-HTC-Boomsound-with-Dolby-Audio-Surround1.jpg

Wanting to find a way to demonstrate the audio quaility of the M9 lead me to creating a short YouTube video with a demo a movie and music in it. The sound quality will be no where near that of hearing it in person, although I do hope this helps.

One things I called out in the video was that there are two mods for listening to audio on the HTC One M9: theater and music. There is a difference in sound between the two modes and did not include that in the video.

Here are the steps to access the setting to make the changes:

1. Tap home icon > all apps icon > settings app icon Settings.
  2. Tap HTC BoomSound with Dolby Audio to toggle between Theatre mode or Music mode.

The best way to experience Boomsound with Dolby Audio is by visiting a Sprint store and hearing it for yourself. While your check out Boomsound on the M9, check out the new improved 20mp camera too!

Thanks,

Blue

11 Comments

If you?re using an HTC One M9 and happen to experience issues connecting to various applications such as Netflix, Pandora, or Google Play while connected to LTE (not Wi-Fi), please be aware that this is a known issue and folks are hard at work to resolve this ASAP.

The good news is that there will be an upcoming maintenance release soon that will address this issue. In the interim, should you experience trouble connecting to these apps while using LTE, please try the following temporary workarounds:

1. Connect via Wi-Fi (preferred option) by following these steps...

Settings > Wi-Fi > ON > Tap your Wi-Fi network of choice > enter password if necessary

1. Connect via CDMA only by following these steps...

Settings > Mobile data > Network mode > CDMA Only

We are sorry for any inconvenience this might cause. Rest assured, it will get fixed shortly!

- Your Sprint Product Ambassadors Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

BlinkFeed.jpg

I have been using HTC’s latest flagship device exclusively for the past few weeks to try to get a good feel for the phone and how well it performs. So far I have not run into any huge issues that have turned me off from the One M9. The look and feel of the phone are awesome, just like previous models. I have a hard time using a case on the phone because it seems sturdy enough on its own to protect itself. I have not dropped the device yet, and I hope I don’t find out how strong it is anytime in the near future.

Hardware aside, the phone acts and runs very similarly to the M8. HTC Sense is one of the better UIs in my opinion. I love the look of the device and how smooth everything transitions. I would say the HTC One M9 seems like one of the more “professional” devices that I have used recently. Its looks stand up nicely in a business environment, and the phone itself seems very elegant.

HTC has always had some pretty great custom apps loaded on their phones. The app that I find myself using all the time is BlinkFeed. There are other apps in the marketplace that essentially do the same thing, but BlinkFeed just works perfectly and makes you want to use it all the time. I integrated my social media so I can see Facebook and Instagram, and I also linked up articles from areas where I have interest. IGN has a news feed that you can attach to your BlinkFeed that is really good. You can read full articles or link quickly to their website. I also have sport articles that pop up. It really is like reading a newspaper full of custom articles that have been selected just for you. I was pleased to see that they kept this feature on the M9. If you own any of HTC’s flagship devices I highly suggest you try this feature out.

1 Comment

A fellow Sprint Product Ambassador recently wrote a fantastic post on how to do a ?battery pull? (aka soft reset) on the GS6. His post inspired me to write a similar one, as the HTC One M9 also does not have a removable battery. 

As devices become thinner and sleeker, embedded batteries are becoming more prevalent. In the old days, when a device would lock up, we performed a battery pull and went about our business. However, for devices that do not have removable batteries, one might not know how to reset the device. Hopefully, you will not have to encounter this issue of needing to reset your M9. However, if you do, here are a few simple steps perform both a soft and hard reset of your HTC One M9.

How to Perform a Soft Reset on the HTC One M9

What exactly is a soft reset? A soft reset is a restart of a device. It closes applications and clears data in RAM. It will not erase any of your apps, files, or settings, and is safe to perform.

You can do a soft reset simply by restarting your device. However, if the HTC One M9 does not respond when you touch the screen or press the buttons, you can still perform a soft reset device (restart) quite easily. Simply press the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for at least ten seconds. This will soft reset (aka restart) your device.

How to Perform Factory Reset (aka Hard Reset or Master Reset) on the HTC One M9

If the HTC One M9 has problem that is unable to be resolved, you may want to perform a factory reset which will revert the device back to its initial state, as if it were a brand new device. Personally, I do this every few months as it keeps my devices in top working condition. Many times, apps we install cause issues of which we are unaware. Factory resets allow you to start with a clean slate and alleviate issues. Note: Performing a factory reset will remove all data on your device, including apps, files, and personal settings. Be certain to backup anything you need to save.

Option one - Factory Reset while the HTC One M9 is powered on

If the device is working and responsive, simply follow these steps...

• Settings > Backup & reset > Reset phone > OKScreenshot_2015-05-12-13-34-36.png

Option two - Factory Reset while the HTC One M9 is powered off

You can also factory reset your HTC One M9 with the device turned off by following these steps...

1. Press and hold Volume Down + Power button at the same time for a few seconds
  2. Press the Volume Down button to navigate down until ?reboot to bootloader? is highlighted
  3. Press the Power button to select (device will reboot)
  4. Now you should be on the bootloader screen. Press Volume Down button until ?BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE? is highlighted.
  5. Press the Power button to select (device will reboot)
  6. Now you will be on the Android System Recovery screen. Press the Volume Down button until you have ?wipe data/factory reset? selected
  7. Press the Power button to select (device will erase and reboot)

So, if not having a removable battery was a threat to you before, now you know that you can still reset your device despite not being able to remove the battery.

The HTC One M9 is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Screenshot_2015-05-12-10-51-50.pngOne of the most convenient features of the HTC One M9 is the #SmartLock ‘suite’ of features that users can enable and customize.  There are 5 different features which can be individually turned on or off, depending on how you use your device.  What is important to note here is that this can disable the password or PIN security on your home screen.  For those that use this level of security, it will still require you to entire your PIN/Password once, at which point you can enable the Smart Lock ‘bypass’ which will allow you to swipe to unlock.  Here are the specific features that are part of this set:

Trusted Devices

These devices could be connected to your One M9 via Bluetooth or NFC.  Either way, when they are connected, the security will be disabled after the initial login.  It can be used for the likes of speakers, keyboards, and other media playback equipment

Trusted Places

This is based on Wifi and GPS.  When you are within a range of a certain Wifi network and/or a GPS location that is designated as trusted, then the security can be disabled.  Works great if you use your device at an office or home office. 

Trusted Face

I don’t use this feature, but can be implemented.  It’s definitely not as secure as a PIN or password, and can be circumvented if someone has your picture.  That said, if you are extraordinarily good looking, ugly, or unique in some form or fashion, this is a nifty feature.  If you look like everyone else, then I probably wouldn’t use this if I were you.

Trusted Voice

Two words: OK GOOGLE.  That’s all it needs.  You can use it from any screen, including the lock screen.  I’m still having trouble jumping from the lock screen to the full-on launch of whatever it is you tell Google to do, but it definitely HEARS you, and with a single swipe, it will jump to the Google App launcher script to complete your request.

On-body detection

Probably my favorite feature of the smart features.  If you walk around with your phone in your hand/pocket/holster/purse/man-bag/backpack, the phone detects that it’s on your person.  That said you will need to unlock it once, but once is all it takes.  After that, you can just pull the phone out of your pocket and swipe to unlock (no PIN or Password needed).  DEFINITELY useful if you are a walker/runner/biker that uses your device to track activity. 

Although this feature-set is not SPECIFIC to the HTC One M9, I still find that it makes the device much easier to use and more accessible, especially because I HAVE to have a PIN or password in order to secure my handset for work.  If you have any feedback on any of these features, but for me specifically, on how it can work better with the Trusted Voice feature, I’d love to hear from you!

D

1 Comment

The HTC One M9 is a super device with a lot of unique features. This post is all about the sound and notification settings of the HTC One M9, as I believe there are some features worth highlighting, such as Pocket Mode, Quiet Ring on Pickup, Flip to Mute, Priority Notifications, Flash Notifications, and more.

First, to access the M9?s sound and notification menu, simply navigate to Settings > Sound and Notification.

In this section, the following menu options are available:

General

• Sound Profile > Allows you to select a sound profile such as Normal, Vibrate, or Silent
  • Volumes > Allows you to set the volume for ringtone, notifications, music, videos,  & alarms
  • Vibrate > Allows for vibration feedback for calls
  • Notification Sounds > Allows you to select notification sound
  • Alarm > Allows you to select your alarm sound
  • Interruptions > Allows you to set up priority interruptions.

Screenshot_2015-05-12-11-39-56.png

This is a cool feature and part of Lollipop. You can allow for priority interruptions to occur for Events and Reminders, Calls, and Messages. I have mine set up to interrupt me if I receive a call or message from any of my favorite contacts. You can also tweak the ?Downtime? settings. For example, I have mine set to only allow for Priority Notifications between 10 pm and 7 am. This way, I will not be disturbed by apps or items that can wait.

Incoming Calls

There are some nifty options you can select regarding incoming calls on the HTC One M9...

• Quiet Ring on Pickup > this lowers the ringer volume when you lift the phone while it's ringing.
  • Pocket Mode > This helpful and unique feature will have the M9 ring louder when it is in a pocket or bag.
  • Flip to Mute > This feature allows you to silence the M9 by flipping it over during an incoming call. Very handy!

System

• Keypad Touch Tones > select long tones, short tones, or off
  • Touch Sounds > play sounds when making screen selection
  • Screen lock sounds > Play sounds when locking and unlocking the screen
  • Pull to refresh sounds > Plays sounds when refreshing feeds and content
  • Vibrate on touch > Vibrate when buttons are pressed
  • Emergency Tone > Set behavior when an emergency call is placed > Off, Alert, Vibrate

Notification

• Flash notifications > Select either ?Always? or ?When Screen is Off?

You might be asking, ?What is a ?flash notification?? It is the notification LED at the top of the HTC One M9.

notificationled.png

It illuminates as such...

• Solid green light when HTC One M9 is connected to the power adapter or a computer and the battery is fully charged.
    • Flashing green light when you have a pending notification.
    • Solid orange light when the battery is being charged.
    • Flashing orange light when the battery level reaches very low.
  • App light notifications > Missed call, voice mail, messages, calendar, mail, alarms
  • App Notifications > in this section you can access notifications settings for each app on your device. I find this helpful if you need to disable notifications for an intrusive app.
  • When device is locked > opt to either show all notification content or not any notifications at all.

If you already own an HTC One M9, check out some of these clever settings. If you don?t have an M9 already, don?t fret? the HTC One M9 is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

On the weekend, I was working in the garden and using the HTC One M9 to play my Spotify music.  Later in the evening, I could not find my HTC One M9 and was afraid the phone accidentally fell out of my pocket in the garden somewhere.  Unfortunately, I had stopped Spotify hence could not hear where the phone was and also had my phone on Vibrate hence I could not hear even calling the phone.

My family uses Sprint Family Locator so I tried to locate my phone and knew that the phone was definitely around the house somewhere.  I kept calling the phone over and over again, including sending text messages to see if the phone screen would be brighten up somewhere.  I was walking around the garden, searching through my garage etc. Finally I found the phone was vibrating under the seat of the car (I was very lucky as the phone only had 10% charge when I found it).

I quickly did a search to see if there is any app that I can force the phone to ring even if it is on Vibrate mode.  I found app like “Wheres My Droid”, “Find My Android Phone” where the app would have access to your identity and your SMS message.  One app, I find that would suit my need is: “Android Device Manager” by google.

This app can be enabled by your Google account, and will:

1. Allow you to ring the phone for 5 minutes at the loudest sound level when you initiate the ring from your google account.
  2. This app can also wipe your phone device from your google account if you lose the device cannot find it.

Screenshot_2015-05-11-16-45-48.png

I immediately installed this app, and went to my google account to activate this feature for my future use.  Of course you can install this app on your Android phone of any brand and model (I hope). However, in order to protect yourself from someone who may be able to hack into your google account and wipe out your phone, you should make your google account more secured like enable two-way authentication on your google account.

I feel safer now with my HTC One M9

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Photos in the “RAW” thanks to HTC One M9’s RAW Camera Mode

For those looking to capture a clean uncompressed image, you need not look further than the HTC One M9.  Thanks to a recent update to the HTC Camera software (Available on Google Play), a new “Raw Camera” mode has been added.  This fully uncompressed image format may not be economical in terms of space on your memory card (average image will be over 30MB) but the uncompressed quality unlocks a world on clean editing.

To enable this feature you need only choose the option in your camera mode screen. 

Raw.jpg

While in this mode, the pictures you take will be saved into twin files.  One is a standard .jpg file and the other is an industry standard .dng file (Digital Negative).   From there, the sky’s the limit in terms of importing and editing solutions.  I remember back when my 800x600 images were more than enough, but technology is ever-changing and going forward, I take comfort knowing archival quality images are possible right here on my M9.  

Files.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador