Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android MM Update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Android MM Update

When is the new software (Android MM) going to be released for this device? Thank you for sharing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

I know the M8 received a preliminary update in preparation to receiving Marshmallow and from twitter posts by HTC, release was imminent for the M8, M9 and A9. I even saw some posts saying within 24hrs. But this was later clarified to be Unlocked versions of the devices. Exact day of release hasn't been mentioned and usually isn't. So all we can do is keep pressing Check for update and following HTC's twitter feed for news updates.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Master

I know the M8 received a preliminary update in preparation to receiving Marshmallow and from twitter posts by HTC, release was imminent for the M8, M9 and A9. I even saw some posts saying within 24hrs. But this was later clarified to be Unlocked versions of the devices. Exact day of release hasn't been mentioned and usually isn't. So all we can do is keep pressing Check for update and following HTC's twitter feed for news updates.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i have a feeling they are going to wait until they get reports back on how the update went on the unlocked versions before they kick it out to us.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Still haven't seen it on my M8 either. Been scouring trying to find more information, nothing. Wonder what's up.

I know the unlocked versions received it already. Only thing I can think of is the stories that said Sprint, Verizon, etc.. were going to get it were referring to the unlocked versions. Which is kinda odd because the carriers don't really promote the unlocked versions at all. So why bother.

--

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it started its kick out for the M8 yesterday

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

That's what I'm seeing. I haven;t seen it on mine though but I'm going to use all my tricks to force check it when I get home, see if it comes through. Then, hard reset it, test it out and compare against my Nexus which is Pure Google. 

--

Highlighted
GrandMaster

let me know if they bring in any new apps. from what i have read they are pushing these updates more pure without any of the add ons since usually the add ons are what booger things up.

Highlighted
Master

That's what I'm curious about as well. I've read several stories that other then their Sense interface, it will be pretty close to a pure Google experience. So I'm very interested in seeing if that's the case with this update.

--

Highlighted
GrandMaster

even sense itself is being updated on its own. hopefully it'll go nice and smooth..cant be any worse than LP i guess lol.

Highlighted
Master

So true. 

--

Highlighted
Patron

I've heard from HTC's @moversi (htc's product manager) that the update was coming this week. Here's the link https://twitter.com/moversi/status/693299315280719872

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yeah thats the current rumor on it. oddly enough we havent received the pre update yet either..so not sure if were getting pushed right into MM or if the update coming is the pre MM and then MM after that at some point.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat