cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC M9 Can't access Google Play store

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC M9 Can't access Google Play store

Thank you all for the workarounds that you have found. I just wanted to provide some steps that were provided to us for this, just in case the above do not work (even though all the steps are similar):

1) Remove the Google account from the phone
2) Clear data and Force Stop Google applications on the phone by going into Settings > Apps > selecting the All area (Google Framework, Google Play Services and similar)
3) Perform ##72786# and let the device reconnect to Sprint services.
4) Re-add the Google account.

Ben
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

Well I have had this very problem recently. I ended up going ot hte sprint store to have my M9 flashed because everything was totally messed up(No contacts, cound not make calls, kept getting alert that "people" file failed every second literally). Worked fine for a few days after flash and now its doing the same thing people here have said. Google play wont open, I dont get notifications, and contacts list is gone. I did everything yall said to do here. I'm baffled and seriously mad about this. If it wasnt for still paying on this phone and not being able to upgrade for a few more months, I would change. I love HTC. My last 3 phones were HTC. This, this is seriously getting under my skin and loosing faith in HTC's new lines. 

GrandMaster

its not affecting all devices though. i had the M9 up until a few months ago when i switched to the LG V20 and i rarely had any issues...and for sure not this issue. are you fully up to date on all the updates for this phone? how long did you run the phone bare bones stock before adding back on all your apps?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I think its the updates that screwed me up. i noticed the pay store pushed and update yesterday when it started. like Google and HTC either are not playing well or something. right now i have rolled back the files and still google play store wont even open. i got a message that said the play store was not installed. boggles my mind since i had to have the play store to even get my apps.

GrandMaster

boot the phone into safe mode. once that is done try to get access back into the play store. wonder if there were any Sense updates that might have been missed that is causing this?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

the weird part is im not seeing any phone updates listed as of this year that might have affected this. or were you talking about an update to the play store itself? i remember getting one on my M9 but dont remember running into any issues with it. you already tried clearing the data and cache on the play store app itself? force stopped it?
Journeyman

Tnk you for the suggestion, but no. Safe mode does not fix it. Still the same thing. tap the google play app and it doesnt nothing. I do honestly think the clash is with HTC Sense and Android. When my phone acted up before the only way I could get anything to work was when sense failed. I hate that I might have to go back to the sprint store and have them reflash my phone again because i was stuck in a loop when I tried to factory restore it. The restore kept hitting the google play part and kept crashing. To me it seems there is an update, that goes straight to the API and that is the cause of the clash.

GrandMaster

jump over to the HTC site, look for the M9 forums and see if they are saying anything in there. there might be a work around mention there that hasnt been mentioned in here.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat