cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 Android 7 Nougat update?

Journeyman

Re: HTC One M9 Android 7 Nougat update?

What are you doing to unlock it?  Are you just updatingto the stock release from HTC in Dec? Or do we just need to request the unlock from Sprint Customer Service? 

GrandMaster

unlocking it wont exactly force it to update. also as long as all the requirements are met Sprint can unlock it at no cost. only reason i would see anyone unlocking it would be to move it to another carrier.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Received update 4.27.651.4 for Android 7.0 this morning.  

Journeyman

It's getting ridiculous, right? I've not heard nor read about any problems with all the other Carrier roll-outs. Neither for the m9 or ten, and what really burns, is T-Mobile even updated the m8 to Nougat just a few days after they released for m9. Sprint is playing funny with this update, no doubt adding more ways to monetize users. And if that's the case, I'll raise all kinds of hell about it. Watch settings for Chrome and other "new" bloatware to be added. Something just don't smell right.
GrandMaster

whats getting ridiculous? the M9 started receiving Nougat as of today? https://community.sprint.com/t5/HTC-One-M9-Board/HTC-HTC-One-M9-0PJA2-4-27-651-4-Nougat/m-p/955895#M... . im guessing the addition of the 3 channel carrier aggregation held it up a bit.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well, I posted an hour before you made the announcement. And they are months behind the original roll-out dating scheme. Sprint could have given us some kind of word long ago instead of leaving us to dangle in the wind. And as far as the "aggregation" I thought thatvwas only for one new phone with certain hardware upgrades. I think it's the LG newest and perhaps the HTC bolt? Is it? Anyways, it's anticlimactic that the update has FINALLY arrived. Let's see what, if any hidden surprises.
GrandMaster

what scheme would this be exactly? there is no actual time frame on when they are supposed to be kicked out..judging off of a different carrier is pretty much pointless since at times Sprint releases large OS updates before they do..so cant judge it that way..and you did get word..the day of its release. as they have done for MANY years with OS updates..or any update for that matter..seeing as how they cant exactly plan for any possible issues they might run into with an update at what point would giving a release date that might or might not get pushed back help anyone? it wont..it will only give people something additional to complain about because a posted date/quarter was missed..what you see is what you get..if you want a more timely update push i recommend not going with carrier branded devices and opt for a Google phone instead since their updates come direct.
Journeyman

HTC One M9 update for Nougate (7.0, security patch February 1, 2017) is now available for Sprint.

Shortly after an escalated call to Sprint Executive Customer Care today (where the representative told me that she was in touch with Sprint engineers and that there was no information on HTC updatees) ... The Android 7 (Nougat) update was made available (with February 1, 2017 security patches).

Recent calls with Sprint and with HTC customer support continued to yield misinformatoin ... with representatives of both companies indicating that no such update would become available.

Journeyman

Why I have error for update.
"We have determined that your phone maybe running a modified version of its system software".
But I am running 6.0 official software.
Please help me to check it Smiley Sad
GrandMaster

google how to do a cache/partition wipe on your device. do it then restart the phone and attempt to do the update again. you might end up having to fully reset the phone but start with the cache/partition wipe first to see if that fixes it.
Journeyman

I factory reset my phone and check update over Wi-Fi but still display error message Variant update
GrandMaster

weird. youre not rooted or running a different launcher or anything?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat