cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 Android 7 Nougat update?

GrandMaster

Re: HTC One M9 Android 7 Nougat update?

also after you did the FR did you load everything back onto the phone or did you just sign in and attempt to do the update?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've done multiple cache partition wipes and now factory resets and still can't install the update. It's very frustrating after waiting so long for Nougat! After resetting I skip signing in and just let it update a few sprint apps. Then download the Nougat update and attempt to install. Once it restarts and shows it installing it blinks at 24% and at 25% it freezes and the red triangle with an !  shows up yet again. Never ran anything but stock android. Was using Nova Launcher but can't imagine how that would effect it after a factory reset. Took the SD card out too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Journeyman

Hi, I'm assuming you backed up data before reset? What I would do is find the nougat update file and erase it. Check in the file manager. Then in the settings, "back up & restore" I would uncheck "automatic restore" and at the top, tap back up my data, set to no.
Then do another factory reset, make sure to erase all data. Now, you should be required to sign back into your Google account and HTC account if you have one, and are prompted. Go to settings, scroll to bottom and check about to see that you are still on Marshmallow. Then back out to system updates, check now, and hopefully the file will download again. Then proceed with install. Let me know how you are doing and whether you still need help. There are other things to try if so.
Journeyman

Thanks for the quick response!

I backed up everything I could. The update says it's downloaded and ready to install. Once it fails to install at 25% and eventually restarts it seems to have deleted the file because I can't find it in the file manager. It can be downloaded again right away but the failure loop continues. Am in the middle of restoring it to get "my phone" back for a while but will try your suggestions soon. Haven't been able to figure out if it's a common problem or just me. Don't seem to be many complaints online. Will keep trying.

Any additional assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Journeyman

Well, I hope you were able to restore MM and it's running just fine.

My guess was you might have had a corrupted download, due to interference of some kind. I usually wait until later in the evening before I download these big updates, so there is less traffic on the pipe. So, now that you have restored MM, you can always download the update file, and not install it until you have the time, Incase there are any hiccups. I wrote another separate post here, (different thread) about my initial problem after installing the update. And the fix was relatively simple after I spent a day reading about lots of users who had the same problems. Basically, I had to reset all app settings preferences, which is done from the app manager, three dot menu. Before I did that, the first overnight, I lost nearly 75% of battery, in about 5 hours sleeping. Last night, only lost 4% in 6 hours. Vastly better than even MM was. Let me know if you need any more help later, and I will see what I can do. Good luck.
Journeyman

I continue to try various things but nothing is working. Should mention that I'm trying to download the OTA version of the update. Don't have easy access to a computer. Can't figure out if it's actually downloading the update because I am unable to locate it with file manager. Still trying to figure out if this is a common problem or not. SO frustrating! Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you verify that you are still on marshmallow 6.0 ? And if you go to settings, system updates, tap "check now" and see what it says. I have about an hour right now to help, and again later this afternoon
Journeyman

Yes, still on 6.0 version 3.41.651.41

Thanks

Journeyman

OK, then did you check to see if system updates where you can possibly download the update again?
Journeyman

Hi,

How are you doing? Did you get a new download and attempt the install?
I read where many people had success the second go around. Over the last year, lots of others had similar issue's, with many different devices.
Journeyman

Ii am having the exact same issue. It will download the update with no issue, start the update process, then at 25% I get the red triangle. A minute or so later it reboots and I am still on Marshmello. I have factory reset, skipped installing anything, Pulled the SD card, rebooted, and tried again. Same result every time. starts the install, gets to 24. The number 24 blinks once and then moves to 25 and a few moments later I get the red triangle. 

Ran the update on my Wife's phone and it update flawlessly. 

Am I going to have to take this thing in?

Journeyman

Hello lothrids, Thank you for reaching out to us. You can try to make the update being connected to Wi-Fi. If this doesn't work. I recommend you to take your device to a repair store. As you said, you ran the update on your wife's phone with no problem, it might be a device related issue. You can find the nearest Sprint repair store here: http://storelocator.sprint.com/locator/ remember to select Repair centers near me option.

Caro

Sprint Social Care

Caro
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat