cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 Android 7 Nougat update?

Journeyman

HTC One M9 Android 7 Nougat update?

Do we have any update when Sprint plans to roll out the HTC One M9 Android 7 Nougat update?  The unlocked version has been released for a while now, I would have expected an update or at least roll out plans by now. 

39 REPLIES 39
GrandMaster

Re: HTC One M9 Android 7 Nougat update?

if/'when any info pops up for this device it will be posted in the forum dedicated to it..which is here. https://community.sprint.com/t5/HTC-One-M9-Board/bd-p/22321
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

HTC indicates that they have sent the Android 7 update to Sprint for their testing and approval on January 27th.  However it has been impossible to get any information out of Sprint.

In the meantime, monthly security updates have halted with the "November 1, 2016" patch (delivered on December 7th).

We cannot have Sprint and HTC continue to hold customer security vulnerabilities to a process in which Sprint has not devoted appropriate resources.

HTC says that the "securty patches"  were paused because they would "resume" with the Android 7 update.  

Any update would be appreciated ... leaving us with "well when it happens you will find out" is not an appropriate stance in this current world.

Master

CuriousIII, we do not have a date for when an update will be released.

Once there is an update, you will be notified and you can follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

For more information click here.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
GrandMaster

unless testing has found some issues i would say it shouldnt be to much longer...with that being said though hasnt this phone received 2 large OS updates since its release?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

usually a device will receive 2 large updates in its lifetime..the M9 has received both LP and MM..so unless HTC plans on kicking out one more large OS update i dont see it getting N. the M10 sure..but i doubt the M9 will. at least not here in the states.
Journeyman

HTC has already released the Nougat update for the One M9. They released this approx. a month ago.  It has also already started rolling out globally.  But thank you for the response. 

GrandMaster

Globally doesnt always mean its going to come to us as well here in the states. but we will see if it actually does or not. going with the usual record of how they are done since back in the original Evo days im leaning towards it not happening.
Journeyman

Let me rephrase, HTC updated the US unlocked version to Nougat on Dec 5th, with 4.14.617.6. They anouced the carrier updates to follow early 2017. It has now been nearly 3 months. https://twitter.com/HTCUSA/status/805917176213471232.

Since they have also updated security patches. Sprint has neglected to issue any update or status for the update. The link provided above doesn't go anywhere either.
Journeyman

About 2 weeks ago T-Mobile started rolling out their 7.0 updates to HTC m9. I have not read of any problems with those yet, so perhaps we will see it soon?
Journeyman

Here is an article on the T-Mobile update from March 21st:
http://m.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-htc-one-m9-nougat-update-rolling-out-now
Journeyman

It costs about $9.00 to unlock the phone.  I think I'll just unlock mine and update.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat