Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant activate sprint phone on my account

Highlighted
Journeyman

cant activate sprint phone on my account

Whitelisted
This device is on the global IMEI whitelist.

Activation Status Clear (Sprint / MVNO)
Device appears to be activation ready

i bought a sprint htc m9 phone of swappa.com, but i have not been able to activate it on my sprint account. i have checked imei on swappa esn checker and says the above. i have called sprint customer service and they couldn't activate it. its completly stock firmware still locked to sprint. has it been removed from sprint database?

11 REPLIES 11
GrandMaster

Re: cant activate sprint phone on my account

its possible. the IMEI might need added back into their system. as long as its showing free and clear on Sprints side and doesnt have any fees still owed on it they can add it back in. one of the agents in here can assist with this.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Tags (1)
Journeyman

its free an clear, do you know why it would get removed?

GrandMaster

it might not have been removed from their network. did the agent by chance say what error they were running into while trying to activate it? and did it come with a Sprint sim card already installed or is it still needing one?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

well on the phone they told me it was not compatible with sprint, at the store they told me it they couldnt find it in the sytem. it has a sprint sim installed

Master

mauris, we'd be happy to assist you, lets find on what's going on with that device. Please reply to my private message.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

this worked thanks!
Journeyman

Hi,

I am being frustrated too. I have a plan which gives me the chance to add more lines. So I went to the sprint store with two more phones just to be told that they were not in the database and then being send away. Now I have a third phone and I almost don't dare to go there again... It costs tons of time everytime I go there.

It must be possible to add, unlock (or whatever else...) existing cell phones to that database or do they sincerely expect me to by another 2,3,4... new phones while I am having 3 others lying around here? 

I am not firm with all that technical things, just want to use the plan they sold me without having further problems. That's not expected too much I think.

Anybody being able to help me?

Sprint Social Care

Hey there mauris! Let's take a closer look into this. Please reply to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Good Morning Ciara,

thanks for your quick reply. Where do I finde private messages?

Nicole

Sprint Social Care

Sun20

Please click on my name, it should give you the option to send me a Private Message.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

well a sprint care rep added my imei into sprint database and was finally to activate my phone

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat