cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high battery drain m9 nougat update?

Journeyman

high battery drain m9 nougat update?

Hi all,
After the update I was experiencing high battery drain overnight with phone supposedly in deep sleep.
Android os and Android system were the two highest drains. After reading multitudes of similar reports, on all kinds of phones, a common solution seems to have solved the issue.
Go into settings, apps, all apps, hit the three dot menu, and "reset app preferences" Then back out, go to storage, cache, and clear. This is the same as clearing "cache partition". Now, you will need to reauthorize permissions for many different apps, but you should start getting notices from them to do so.
Also, you may want to check your sync settings for accounts, to make sure they are working.
As a last resort, a factory reset may be the final option. Which I really wanted to avoid. I will update soon, but initial testing shows 1% drain over a 90 min period.
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: high battery drain m9 nougat update?

OK folks,
That fixed the problem. Overnight, I had probably, the absolute best performance of Doze. The rate of discharge was 0.7% meaning only 4% battery drain over about 6 hours of sleep time. The rate for the first night, was over 24% drain PER HOUR! So, nougat actually does do better on saving battery on Doze. Furthermore, if you look at the battery use in settings, those numbers are actually irrelevant. Google services was the highest at 25%, but only of a total usage of 4% meaning real use was 1%. The biggest change I noticed was the bar for cell signal was red for more than half the length on the history page. Never before have I seen that. So, I hope anyone who finds these posts, we're helped by them.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: high battery drain m9 nougat update?

Did those specific steps.  Now all sorts of useless crap is turned back on and it's using so much power it can't charge plugged in.  But I'll give it some time and see what happens.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat