Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lte problems on htc one m9

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: lte problems on htc one m9

Doesn't matter, gonna get resolved.

I've been meaning to ask you, fire guy, why are you so committed to the m9 forums? You've stated earlier in either this thread or another that you no longer even use this phone. and you're using another, of which I cannot recall. And you get defensive if you even think someone is posting who isn't using this phone. So I'm a tad perplexed.

GrandMaster

you should re read what i have posted..you tend to miss the points entirely..the M9 will be my NEXT phone..i had the M7 then the Flex 2 currently but my true phone of choice has always been the HTC line..i'll make it even easier to follow..if an agent is requesting specifics for a certain devices issues someone randomly posting in that particular thread will only add to the confusion of the problem at hand..not rocket science here. same if you recall i asked the poster in the thread dedicated to people posting the issues they are seeing as well as answering the questions the agent posted..should be a bit simple but people tend to get a bit off track and again muddy up the water.

perplexed is saying it lightly..to bring up old stuff you REALLY dont need to constantly be doing profile and PRL updates..its not going to do anything other than get your heart rate up at this point..especially since there is already a known issue with reception. if you guys REALLY want to get the issues fixed then i recommend making it point blank and simple for the agents to follow and report on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I don't believe you're a moderator. I think the threads will in fact do fine without you policing them. You seem very confrontational and that never helps when we're all stating out issues. And again, you do not own his phone or use it currently. It is still odd that you're this into the forums. I understand keeping track especially if you plan on using this device but you're making it harder for people to talk about the issues. You seem to try to criticize and in some ways discredit what people are posting. Don't worry my friend, it'll all work out.

GrandMaster

i make it hard for people to talk about the issues? youre in the correct thread for exactly that..the OTHER one..you know..the one i asked the poster if he in fact had the M9..was the one that is needing to be straight forward and to the point..again this shouldnt be to hard to figure out. muddy it up if thats how yall want it..but dont start stomping around when it takes even longer for the issues to get relayed. discredit? what i post is pretty simple to keep up with..heck even the poster i responded to said he should have mentioned that he has the M9 in the first post so there wasnt any confusion..or did you miss that part? im in MANY forums in here since youre trying to keep track.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That's nice sweetie. Have fun in the other forums.

Still waiting on a response. Probably gonna take a few days. Hopefully it comes out within a couple weeks. I know HTC is trying to push for another major update within their classic three month time frame.

Either way, I'm glad this fix is coming.

Wizard

I feel like our issues are 2 fold. 

1. Sprint LTE "Technology" tied to the various hardware configurations in the field

2. HTC M9 radio

Since this is not a 100% Sprint M9 issue (we know it's not effecting any other versions of the M9), the variable must be where we are located and we're surely spanning the different markets with different and some times random (or so it would seem) deployments of LTE technologies.  Rather unfortunate that this wasn't picked up during HTC's UT as I know this wasn't happening BUT the testers could easily have been in those unaffected markets.

With the S6 and S6 curve experiencing frighteningly similar issues (and there's the provisioning on LTE thing for all 3) there is certainly something going on with the network.  The radio specifications are defined by Sprint and baked in by HTC so we have quite the married and mess here.  I refuse to believe that either party will leave us out to dry, they both have much to lose and lets be honest, it's not Sprints nor HTC's style.

I'm sure both Sprint and HTC (I'd assume Samsung as well) are working on this for us but until then, I'm going to keep loving everything else that make this device THE One.

Journeyman

GhostBlonde I find it odd that fireguy was the same way on s4 forum i was on toward me but made no mention to jabbing that phone? ?? Then i had the m9 after two phones (m9's) i jumped ship to the note 4 That i love do far. If you use a phone for business purposes you can't have almost every call dropping.

GrandMaster

shouldnt be that odd. i frequent quite a few forums in here..mainly the ones for devices i have had, plan to have or have someone i know what has it as well.

Journeyman

I'm having the same exact issue in the Philadelphia area, I had the HTC One M8, everything was perfect, no dropped calls, the network was on point. But then I got the M9, every phone call drops, signal fades, Bluetooth is buggy. I'm a little frustrated with it. I've called sprint about the issues,but they keep insisting that it's not the phone , but it's their cell phone towers that's having problems. Which is weird how things can change that drastically as soon as I swap my phone. Smh

Journeyman

I get the exact opposite. They pull the "take it to a repair center" cards and I tune them out. I know my phone is working, whether its whatever configuration/Spark issues they refuse to admit. I am sticking with my previous phone until it is resolved.

Hey there, I apologize for the late reply. this is a known issue about the device and an Maintenance Release will fix the issue once released. The temporary workaround we have is to switch to 3g. Unfortunately we have not ETA of the MR.

Paida
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't begin to explain what is wrong with this. Not one single M9 I have seen from others with sprint is working correctly on LTE/Spark. Do they not field test these devices before release? The phone has been out 2 months, step up and fix the bug. 3G is NOT a fix for the problem.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat