cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lte problems on htc one m9

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: lte problems on htc one m9

im currently connected to band 41. im however noticing it has a really hard time picking up a LTE signal unless youre pretty close to the tower..i would say within a block or 2..i have yet to pick up 800 LTE in places that i used to with the Flex2.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So until this is fixed, should I be expecting a refund of $10 a month for each of my M9's. I was sold a LTE/SPARK phone that uses "premium data" and I live and work in LTE/SPARK coverage, yet i can rarely use anything but 3g and roaming.Sprint has failed to provide what we have paid for. My 3g is "spotty" at best. continuously losing all data, showing data connection but nothing is getting through. in the course of 2 minutes i can have LTE, 3 g, 3 g but no data, no data at all, roam to 3 g verizon, 1xrtt sprint and ehrpd verizon at the same time, no data, back to sprint LTE, and the cycle continues. you can occasionally throw in a sprint 1xrtt and verizon LTE simultaneously.

No problems at all like this with my M7 or EVO LTE.

Ownership Info

Licensee

Company:

NEXTEL WEST CORP.

Not Recorded

Phone:

[Info removed]

Email:

Not Recorded

Attn:

[Info removed]

Address:

[Info removed]

Licensee Contact

Company:

Sprint Corporation

Not Recorded

Phone:

[info removed]

Email:

Not Recorded

Address:

[info removed]

Service Type:

Mobile-Commercial

Call Sign:

WPTI996

Latitude:

1. 41.3119

Longitude:

Structure Type:

Tower

Unknown

Date Constructed:

NA

Ground Elev:

1. 802.9 feet

Height Of Structure:

1. 190.0 feet

Overall Height:

1. 198.8 feet

Structure Address:

46268 BUTTERNUT RIDGE ROAD
NEW RUSSIA TOWNSHIP, OH

i live .77 mi from this tower.

zip code is 44074

Message was edited by: TheModerator

This is a public forum.  To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

GrandMaster

for what its worth the M7 and LTEVO were not Spark devices..for comparison you would need to compare against like devices..Flex2 etc

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Word through the grapevine over at XDA is that HTC is pushing the OTA to drop on 7/1/2015 with the 5.1 android update to the sprint variant. We should expect the bug fix with it, possibly.

GrandMaster

hopefully..if not they might wait to see what all the 5.1 fixes and THEN kick out a bug fix after that...hopefully not though.

Wizard

Lizoke wrote:

Word through the grapevine over at XDA is that HTC is pushing the OTA to drop on 7/1/2015 with the 5.1 android update to the sprint variant. We should expect the bug fix with it, possibly.

Just in case anyone missed that it was coming, the 5.1 update is rolling out Re: HTC One M9 - Android 5.1 update rolling out

I haven't got mine yet but if you do, since most of us were having issues, report back if you are seeing improvements.

Thanks!

Journeyman

So just starting having issues with LTE on my HTC One M9 with certain apps... This is after the supposed fix update... I have to put the phone on CDMA for the apps to work again. Anyone still having issues out there? Any fixes?

P.S. I replaced my phone with another HTC M9 with a different sim card and it still has the same problem.

Wizard

Coamogringo wrote:

So just starting having issues with LTE on my HTC One M9 with certain apps... This is after the supposed fix update... I have to put the phone on CDMA for the apps to work again. Anyone still having issues out there? Any fixes?

P.S. I replaced my phone with another HTC M9 with a different sim card and it still has the same problem.

What software version are you on, on the new phone? Current is 2.6.651.11 and the apps over LTE issues "should" have been completely resolved with that update.  We know there still some connectivity issues here and there that could be attributed *some to the software and *some to the network but would imagine BOTH are being worked out.

Journeyman

That's the version my phone is at. So basically nothing can be done? I've tried doing a cache wipe but I can't get past the red triangle and exclamation going in to recovery mode... Any suggestions?

Wizard

Coamogringo wrote:

That's the version my phone is at. So basically nothing can be done? I've tried doing a cache wipe but I can't get past the red triangle and exclamation going in to recovery mode... Any suggestions?

Well that's no good.  I have to be honest, if you haven't hard reset since the software update, do that, before spending more of your time going back to the Sprint store. They are going to do it so might as well take that first step yourself.  I don't know what apps your having problems with BUT here is what I'd do/recommend....

1. Use the HTC backup tool/app on the phone and backup your phone (be sure to save any media/downloads etc to extSD or cloud or computer). 

2. Hard reset the device. After you hard reset the phone, DO NOT use the backup to restore (yet) as it may bring the problems back with settings/data that is being restored. 

3. Log into your google account, let the stock apps and Sprint app package install/update and see how the phone runs before putting any of your own apps on.  After you see how it does....

4. install those problem apps (the ones you had issue with) one at a time, testing them out to see if they are still causing problems. *If at all possible, test them in the same place, if it was a particular area, that you were having issues at before to try and rule out the network.

5. If you find that it's better, working as you'd expect, you can either choose to hard reset and restore your phone (with that HTC backup from earlier) and see if it starts acting crazy OR just roll with it without using the backup and install your apps. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sadly I've hard reset my prior HTC M9 and this new one and nothing has changed. I guess there's nothing to do apparently and wait for a miraculous fix... I've never had issues with LTE till recently so something somewhere must of changed.

Wizard

Coamogringo wrote:

Sadly I've hard reset my prior HTC M9 and this new one and nothing has changed. I guess there's nothing to do apparently and wait for a miraculous fix... I've never had issues with LTE till recently so something somewhere must of changed.

Well, that sucks.  I'd think it's either the network where you are OR if you did use the HTC backup tool and restored it, it "could" possibly be that you're bring back a problem piece of data/app.  If you were not using HTC backup to restore, then i'd put my money on network issues in your area but hard to say.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat