cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 Docs

Sort by:
Having been an HTC fan dating back to the days of the first generation Evo, I have been really excited about the HTC One M9 launch. HTC is a solid brand that makes quality products. Unfortunately, often times HTC is overlooked by the consumer. I attribute this to the brainwashing of other brands through their aggressive marketing efforts. HTC makes fantastic products, and the iconic HTC One M9 is one of them. Today’s post will be a general overview of the HTC One M9. I will go into further detail on later posts. Processor/Memory/Storage I have been using the HTC One M9 for a little over a week and have been very impressed. The speedy M9 sports a 64bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor with 3GB of RAM. It has 32gb of onboard storage, but if you need more storage, you can pop in your microSD card (not included). Speaking of storage, this device comes with 100gb of Google Drive storage for two years. So be certain to log into your Google Drive in order to take advantage of this awesome promotion. Operating System The HTC One M9 comes with Android Lollipop 5.0.2 and HTC Sense 7.0. I have always been a fan of Sense, and Sense 7.0 does not let you down. They built some nice enhancements into 7.0, which I will delve into on a later post. Camera The M9 comes with a 20 MP rear camera sporting a sapphire camera cover lens (extremely scratch resistant and durable), and an Ultra-pixel front camera. The built-in HTC Eye™ Experience software allows you to create some great effects and take voice selfies. Also, included is HTC’s infamous Zoe app. Audio Let’s talk sound… as I am writing this post,I am listening to Spotify (extreme music quality setting) on the HTC One M9 front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amp and Dolby Audio™ surround sound, and it is really awesome. HTC BoomSound FTW! Customization HTC makes it easy to customize your HTC One M9 to your liking via the built-in HTC Themes app. You can change colors, wallpapers, icons, sounds, fonts, share with others, etc. It is quite cool. Again, I will write further about this in another post. Protection HTC brings something unique with the release of the HTC One M9. They get that “life happens.” In other words, people get clumsy on occasion and damage devices regularly. It has happened to almost everyone I know… cracked screen, water damage, etc. So, HTC recently introduced Uh-Oh Protection. Uh-Oh Protection replaces your HTC One M9 one time within the first 12 months for a cracked screen, water damage, etc. There are more details to this great program. I will write further about Uh-Oh protection in an upcoming post. HTC One M9 SPECS Body: Dual-tone metal unibody Operating system: Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with HTC Sense 7 Battery information: 2840 mAh Lithium Ion Battery (embedded) Talk time: Up to 25 hours Dimensions: 5.69" x 2.74" x 0.38" Display: 5.0" S-LCD FHD (1920X1080) Weight: 5.4 oz Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810, octa core64-bit, 4 x 2.0GHz + 4 x 1.5GHz Memory: 32 GB ROM / 3 GB RAM *MicroSD card slot supports up to 128GB (not included) SIM card type: nano SIM Sound: HTC BoomSound with Dolby Audio Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth® 4.1, Wi-Fi®: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), DLNA®, HDMI MHL 3.0, CIR, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port Bluetooth profiles: SPP, MAP, GOEP, FTP server, HID, HFP, HSP, PBAP, PAN, OPP, GAVDP, APTX, A2DP, AVRCP Main camera: 20MP with sapphire cover lens, auto-focus, BSI sensor, f/2.2, 27.8mm lens, 4K video recording Front camera: HTC UltraPixel™, BSI sensor, f/2.0, 26.8mm lens, 1080p video recording In the box: HTC One M9, 2840 mAh Lithium Ion embedded battery, AC Charger with USB cable, Wired Stereo Headset, Ejection Pin, Get Started Guide (English/Spanish), Information Booklet The HTC One M9 is a solid & strong contender in the iconic smart device space. I am quite impressed and highly recommend this device. The HTC One M9 is available for purchase at Sprint. Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
View full article
Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.