cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Issues:

Journeyman

Bluetooth Issues:

Is anyone else having any information playback issues with the Bluetooth on their HTC One M9 since the Android 6.0 update? Specifically displaying the correct song playing.  -

Model 0PJA2 / HW Rev. 3 / Software Vs 3.41.651.4  / Android Version 6.0 HTC Sense 7.0 / PRI V 1.27_003 PRL 55051.

Bluetooth Issue: Since update Software Vs 3.41.651.4   device has issue communicating meta data for media over blue tooth.  Example: song play back from Google Play will display previous song or will not change song title on audio device.  The song will be the correct one on the phone playing as shown on the HTC M9 with current time position in song but will not show the correct song title on the audio device like car display.  Error typically occurs when skipping forward or back to the next/previous song in the play list from audio play back device. However, issue will occasionally occur when the song naturally transitions to the next song in the play list.

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: Bluetooth Issues:

sounds more like an app issue rather than a phone issue. do a partition wipe on the device..this is NOT a factory reset. then double check to make sure whichever music player youre using is fully updated as well in case its a mesh up between Marshmallow and an app not updated to work with MM just yet.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

for what its worth i run BT daily to and from work playing music. only difference is im playing songs that are on my SD card..no issues with how its showing up compared to what im listening to..i'll do a bit more testing to make sure its still kosher on my side when i head home tonight.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, I am primarily seeing the issue if I skip a head to a new song or if i try to go back to previous songs using the controls from the car.  The song information displayed will be what ever the song was prior to skipping but the song audio & timestamp playing back will be correct. Current Google Play version I am using is v6.3.2317V, should be marshmallow, but I don't recall which update rolled to marshmallow support.  tried the usual trouble shooting as well, uninstall reinstall reboot clear cache, not necessarily in that order. 

I run BT daily as well as my ride in and out is about 45 minutes each way, bug is annoying more so than anything else.

GrandMaster

yeah im a half hour give or take each way myself to and from work. also is your car stereo only or other devices as well? and if its with the car/truck stereo only is this with a stock built in BT stereo or a aftermarket one?

Journeyman

thanks, I am using the 2015 Mazda 6 touring stock stereo/Bose system. I have not tried the BT devices at home by my stereo doesn't show metadata regardless.

GrandMaster

i have come across scenarios where the stock stereo had to be updated to be in mesh with the android update before. might be what youre seeing here. if you can test it on anything else that would help narrow it down.

Moved to CS.

GrandMaster

as of recently i have noticed one issue with BT on my M9. if i for whatever reason drop my data signal in those special areas my BT will actually drop and switch to phone only..i then have to turn BT off then back on for it to reconnect to the stereo. not sure if im the only one seeing this or not.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat