ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sprint think this status bar is acceptable?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does Sprint think this status bar is acceptable?

The notifications bar on my new HTC One M9 is so crowded with icons that it doesn't have room for notifications.

Sprint, was this intentional and do you think this is acceptable?

Screenshot_2015-04-03-13-21-06.png

I consider this to be an extraordinary defect. Given the choice between notifications and settings, I'd prefer to see notifications since I enabled all those settings and know what they are. I do not, however, know whether or not I have new emails, texts, missed calls, etc... and currently I cannot learn of those things without pulling the status bar down to reveal the full notifications.

4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

Re: Does Sprint think this status bar is acceptable?

hate to say it but all the newer devices are looking like that..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

While I don't disagree, 4 of those icons are normally not there unless your trying to make a point,

1. Actual percentage is not turned on by default.

2. The vibrate icon is only visible if you mute the phone. Not necessary with number 3.

3. Priority setting is there because you wished not to be disturbed, so no reason for notifications at that time anyway.

4. Bluetooth, you don't leave this on all the time, do you?

Again, I don't disagree, there are way too many icons. There's no reason for the Sunburst (Spark), LTE and WiFi icons to be visible all the time. If I'm on WiFi, I could care less about the first 2.if in not on WiFi, again I could care less about the first one. Could have been consolidated into one combination LTE/Spark icon, that either shows LTE or LTE/Spark as one icon.

However, to be fair to Sprint, this isn't there fault. I have the following phones, HTC LTEVO, HTC ONE M8, Nexus 6, LG Flex2,and fiancee has the LG G3. Everyone of these phones had a different icon set on the notification bar. Why? Because everyone is made by a different manufacturer.

So the people we need to complain to are the manufacturers. We can hope Sprint hears us and takes our comments back to the OEM's, but ultimately, it's the manufacturers.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Wizard

Yes it is the Sprint Sparks icon. It spins when it is trying to connect to a site.

Although rumor has it that it is also a secret spinning indicator that if it lands on a correct spot, a popup appears informing you that you have won a new phone.

I kid, I kid about the new phone.

TS

GrandMaster

i finally connected to a band 41 lit up tower..all i can say...WHOA!! lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat