Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 software update - version 3.41.651.4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Features/Enhancements:

• Update to Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow)

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 2/5/16 and will be completed by 2/14/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
  • For additional information, check out the software update article in Support
39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
GrandMaster

back up the phone and do a factory reset on it. the update loaded funny on your phone. battery issues after an update arent unheard of..more often than not it can take a couple days for the phone to fully optimize itself and straighten back out..or you can do the FR. more than likely the FR will clear out that issue as well as some others you might not be aware of.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm always leery of doing factory resets, but I've decided to do it. However, while I was trying to back up my photos onto my laptop, my phone kept freezing, and the battery drained from 23% to 2% in less than 10 minutes. I transferred maybe 20 out of over 1500 photos over before I had to disconnect. I kept getting the "unable to charge" message on my phone, as usual. I charged my phone overnight, while off, and it charged up from 5% to 43%...overnight!

This really sucks. I've now been charging my phone (while off) for 90 minutes, and its gone from 2% to 12%. So my choices now are: 1) wait a couple of days and pray that some update comes out that will fix this bullcrap, or 2) just do a factory reset and lose all my photos, videos, and music. I'm seriously pissed off.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if memory serves when you try to do the FR it'll start off by asking you if you want to back everything up. personally all my stuff is backed up to HTC..not to mention all my pics, videos, music etc are on a SD card.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I managed to back up the most important photos I wanted onto my laptop. Went ahead with the factory reset. It doesn't offer to back anything up, just warns you that you're about to erase all your music, videos, and pictures, along with all your saved passwords, wifi and bluetooth settings, and any accounts that were linked to your phone.

After the reset, I can report that my phone IS ACTUALLY WORSE. I have nothing running on my phone, since I have only the system apps, and nothing downloaded. It drains even faster than before, even when plugged in, and my 2.0 charger still doesn't work on it either. So, in summary, my phone has now been on for probably a total of about 60 minutes today. It's been charging for nearly the entire day, while turned off. It is currently on the charger, turned off, and has charged up about 5% in the last hour.

I'm seriously just about done with this sh*t. I live in sacramento, which has almost zero LTE service available, but I'm still paying the premium for it. I only stayed because of the unlimited data, but what good is it if I use 95% of my data on wifi, because the reception sucks so I can't use data when I'm out and about anyway? And now, after this sweet update, I can't even use my phone at all. But SPRINT sure won't credit me for those days that I can't use my phone because of said sweet update. Why the hell should I have to jump through all of these hoops as a result of updating my phone, an update that they rolled out?

I'm out.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

im roughly a hour north of you lol..i'll be in Sac next weekend for a lunch run with the fam.

your phone is the first to report any harsh issues so far. more might roll in but usually by now you see quite a few reports. if you have TEP i recommend taking it into a repair store and see what they can figure out. i noticed my phone wouldnt charge anymore on my LG 2.0 charging cable/plug..but when i switched that cord to a different plug it worked fine..by plug i mean the usb part that goes into the wall..i connected it into a 3rd party quick charge set up and it works just fine. do you happen to have any other charging set ups around so you can test against a stock set up and the quick charge set up?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

not to add in any salt to the wound but Sprint doesnt kick out the updates..they come directly from the manufacturer..only thing the carriers have to do with the updates is a pre test to make sure its not going to mess up the phone so it cant use their network and the update itself is sent using their network to get to the phone. since you dont have anything put back on the phone as of yet factory reset the thing again..cant exactly make it worse at this point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I've got HTC chargers (Iusing one now), and I've got a samsung charger (normal 1A output), along with several third party 1A chargers, along with a Tronsmart 2.0 charger which hasn't worked since the update. I'm studying for the bar exam right now, so it's hard for me to get away for a few hours. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that something happens tonight, see if the reset does anything at all after charging the phone for a while. If not, I'm heading to the store tomorrow. I've got the TEP, but my phone is also still under warranty, in case I have to replace the unit.

As for the reception issue I was referring to before, honestly, LTE only works in certain spots around downtown. In the area I live in, I have to use wifi calling because the normal 3G reception (which is literally all I get around the majority of the area, if anything at all) is so unreliable. I laugh every time I see the commercials which brag about the outstanding nationwide LTE coverage and how it's better than all the other carriers. I feel like the guy on those Verizon commercials every time I make a call off of wifi. Hello? Can you hear me now? Love the HTC phone itself, but the service makes things so difficult.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll try it again...I'm going to let it charge up to at least 30%, which should only take maybe four more hours or so, lol. If that doesn't work, I'll go to the store tomorrow.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yeah for sure take it into a repair store. odds are they will need to do the usual FR on it as well. they must do certain things to it on their side. basically a check off list of what worked and didnt.

when im in Sac im normally over off Stockton blvd getting some grub with the fam.

Highlighted
Patron

I've done the steps about 20 minutes ago but it has yet to notify me of any update.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you restarted your phone after clearing the data and cache on that app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I did the reset a couple of more times on Saturday. Then, I plugged in my 2.0 charger after the last one, and it started working. Now, my phone is working great. Battery life is much improved.

I usually go to Stockton Blvd for pho or dim sum. And banh mi's.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat