Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M9 software update - version 3.41.651.4

Highlighted
Journeyman

Features/Enhancements:

• Update to Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow)

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 2/5/16 and will be completed by 2/14/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
  • For additional information, check out the software update article in Support
39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
GrandMaster

LOL we go to happy garden for our dim sum. best place i have found so far. sad when the owner and her sister know me by first name and ask where the kids are if we decide to go solo down there lol.

for whatever reason updates are a bit hit and miss when it comes to the battery. all i can come up with is when the update pushes through at times it wont fully optimize/mesh up internally in the phone. so if no reset is done to it it can take up to roughly a week for it to do it itself..or you can force it to do it with resets..usually one does it but its not unheard of that it took multiple to get it to sync itself up.

got the ol lady hooked on banh mi sandwiches as well lol. further north of happy garden on the left in a small shopping mall area. theres a bobo tea place right across the parking lot from the sandwich place.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I really really really wish,like what any other company like,Microsoft,google,etc, that HTC and or sprint,would be able to provide us with a technical breakdown of the updates themselves...so add to know what's being added or removed in the major updates..

Unless there is a place to interaction that information?

Is it private information that is secret or something?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

basically whatever the manufacturer shows on their side to the general public is what the carrier will show on theirs. only time we can figure out what additional stuff it might bring in or get rid of is with customer reports or sometimes with 3rd party sites like android central or any of the other better known android sites.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

SO I had no issues with my M8 after the update a few weeks ago and everything was great until a few days ago. Then all of a sudden I'm having battery drain issues. Used to go at least 24,hrs now I'm down to half that. Any thoughts

Highlighted
Journeyman

Called HTC. They gave me instructions for a battery recalibration. I think it worked.  seems like the battery is back to normal. 10 hours and only down 20%

Highlighted
GrandMaster

in the last 4 years i would say this update has been the smoothest for me so far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree. The only thing I really dislike is that "Peeking" option hidden in the Notifications in the Apps.  I had crap popping up on my phone from these constantly until I tracked it down and turned the "Peeking" off.  Especially that Peel Smart Remote that would popup and if I accidentally touched it would lock down my phone completely.  Turning off "Peeking" and blocking notifications from that app took care of it.  Otherwise not a bad update at all.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i rarely if ever use that remote but i shut down any type of notifications for it. i want it to turn my volume up and down not take full control of my entire system lol.

Highlighted
Patron

How did you recalibrate the battery ,can you give me the steps? How long did it take afterwards to see the better battery life?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Saw results immediately. My husband not so much but he uses his for games and FB a lot more than I did.  Here are the steps.

i did the steps when my battery was pretty low around 20%. But I don't think it matters.

TUrn off your phone and charge it for 20 mins.

LEaving it off and still connected to the charger press the volume up and volume down buttons and the power buttons at the same time for a full 3 minutes. Your phone will vibrate and reboot multiple times. Mine only did it twice but my husbands several.

After the full 3 mins release the buttons. Then disconnect it from the charger. Turn it on. Use the phone until it completely drains and turns off on its own.  Then leaving it off charge it to 100%. Do not interfere with it, like unplugging it from the charger or turn it on while it's charging. Once it's fully charged disconnect it from the charger and turn it on.

MIne now lasts for well over 24 Hrs for normal daily use which includes Internet and light game playing. But it's like it's brand new for me. But I don't know how much and what you use yours for.

GOOD LUCK

Highlighted
Patron

thanks for the steps ill maybe try tonight and hoepfully see better results after a week. What do you have enabled for normal usage (mobile data,wifi,location mode etc...)?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone did the update 2 weeks ago and I lost all my contacts.  Thankfully some of them were backed up through my Google account, however, I can't sync my Facebook with my people/phone book??  When I open account settings through my people it's and try to add Facebook it's not there, but if I go under my phone settings>Accounts & sync it shows up there.  Any suggestions, it's really frustrating.  I also don't have the option of changing my notification tones to my own, just the generic ones that came with the phone.  UGH!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat