HTC One M9

Journeyman

HTC One M9

Why has HTC fell so far behing Samsung in the Android market

12 REPLIES 12
GrandMaster

Re: HTC One M9

what do you mean? examples please.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

At one point when Android first began, HTC had the speed, the power and functionality to dominate the market. Samsungs were notorious for freezing whenever there was an update. Samsung had better resolution but that was it. For the past few years, it seems as if HTC does size up to Samsung except in sound quality.

GrandMaster

depends on your take between the 2. personally i have not had ANY luck with Sammy devices or any other device that is like them in any way EXCEPT the Flex 2..the F2 is quite a bit similar to the Sammy line. my M7 compared to say my mom or brothers S4 and S5 is pretty night and day..at least to me it is..then again im a huge HTC fan so a lot of that is just me knowing their system front to back.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I agree whole heartedly and I can honestly say that I kept my HTC Evo for years and didn't feel that there was a better product out there. I tried the HTC one and was disappointed. I did got to the Sams S5 sport for the durability and security of it being waterproof. HTC brought me to android and I apologize for sounding ignorant, I just don't know what they even have anymore.

GrandMaster

Im rocking the Flex 2 currently but still have my M7 as my backup..to me its a pretty solid phone still even though its now to be 2 devices behind..i never had any issues with it to date.

Journeyman

That's just it, hey are reliable, but there is the want for "more", if you can know what I mean.

GrandMaster

personally i would love if they added in Sbeam abilities instead of us having to use the BT antenna to transfer stuff from one device to another..WAY slower compared to Sbeam that Samsung and LG run. Sbeam uses the wifi antenna if you didnt know.

Sprint Product Ambassador

HI Kalif23

I have the latest HTC One M9 android smartphone.  I also have the latest Samsung phone.  In terms of sound, HTC has Boomsound, which consists of two front-facing speakers, driven by an amplifier.  In my opinion, the HTC One M9 delivers a better sound experience, both in theater mode and in music mode.   I like that the phone is very durable.  It sports a Gorilla Glass 4 screen and a metal body.  The processor on the One M9 is very similar to the processor on the latest Samsung.  The One M9 also has a 20 MP rear-facing camera.  Maybe HTC struggled to keep up in the past, but I believe they may be the rising start of smartphones.

#sprintemployee - My opinions are my own and do not reflect Sprint's.

Journeyman

JeffSeee,

That is find and all that the sound on the speakers are great, but I use a audio Bluetooth headset and that more than compensates for the lack of sound of the Samsung. Where HTC has sat back and watch other phones get better, they have felt that accessorizing was the answer. With the saturation of phones on the market, we consumers can now say what's in it for me. I come from the industry and was a huge fan of HTC, but unfortunately most don't have the option to try phones out side by side, so we are looking for the best right now, and feature wise HTC isn't it anymore.

GrandMaster

there are sites that will do just that and report about it. i came across a side by side break down a little while ago posted by someone comparing the M9,S6 and a couple there devices...the M9 held its own in comparison but they didnt go much into individual details

Journeyman

I understand completely, but what it feels like to me that HTC has prepared themselves for a sprint ( no pun intended), whereas others are looking at a marathon. What will happen next, HTC disappears again for a few years and then tries to get in to stay relevant?? Blackberry allowed themselves to be kicked out of the game, my fear is that in time, maybe HTC will as well.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat