cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music Streaming Issues with HTC One M9

Journeyman

Music Streaming Issues with HTC One M9

I have been experiencing extreme Music Streaming Issues with HTC One M9 since I have received it.  I use Google Play Music subscription and it pauses after every few songs, but not just buffering a few seconds or so, full out music stops for several minutes to 20+ minutes.  I have tried clearing music cache, stopping services as well as all other music programs, rebooting, uninstalling reinstalling, and a factory reset but nothing seems to resolve it.  It happens with out fail with in 3-5 songs which makes my hour drive to work and back absolutely painful. Anybody else with issues?

4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

Re: Music Streaming Issues with HTC One M9

question..in the same exact place you get the buffering do a speed test to see what speeds youre getting. for streaming music you really dont need really high speeds..so if your speeds are pretty decent or above say 1mbps down there shouldnt be any issues what so ever and it might just be another thing a update will have to fix.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, unfortunately it isn't always the same place.  My route is also along a major freeway(I 35W / South Metro-Minneapolis, MN & 494) that generally doesn't have any many 4G issues.   My One M7 didn't have any of these issues.  I might hit a few lags in areas around where the signal does drop off but nothing compared to this.

GrandMaster

since this is a newly released phone im guessing the hand off from one tower to another might be your issue right now..this would be one of the first updates that will get pushed to yalls phones..random adjustments and bug fixes.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I considered that as an issue as I noticed the system doesn't seem to negotiate the towers well, but it still occurs even sitting in stand still traffic.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat