cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Journeyman

Re: Report issues with M9 Here Please!

I am in South Florida (Pompano Beach/Fort Lauderdale area). My social media apps (Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Foursquare) and Google Now do not update on LTE, no matter where I am. You see them constantly attempting to refresh but nothing ever shows - the little wheel on Facebook and Instagram will just spin endlessly. Yelp and Facebook will sometimes give me an "error loading newsfeed" type of error message, but rarely. Google Play store will open and load information, but will not download anything. Push alerts also do not come through. If the phone is set to LTE, I will still get emails, but that's it. Once I switch to 3G, all my push alerts come through at once.

This does not happen on 3G or wifi. I have my phone set to CDMA only so I can have it function, albeit slowly. While my signal will be at full strength on 3G, if I turn on LTE, all but one of the bars disappear, every time.

I did troubleshooting steps with HTC's live chat, as well as a very lengthy discussion with Sprint tech support. While switching out of airplane mode might work for some, it does not for me. After doing a factory reset, it still didn't work, so they are swapping the phone out. I know it will most likely not fix the issue but what's done is done.

Journeyman

I can also confirm an airplane mode toggle does nothing for me as well. Same results every time, the issue is very consistent.

Journeyman

The airplane mode toggle does not always work for me either, but a combo of trying that along with WiFi toggle, does work for me at times. A few times I can get it back with a profile update.

Highlighted
Wizard

I am having intermittent data drops in many places that I should have full connectivity. Where I "had" zero issues on my LG G2 or Nexus and my wife is not having issues either.

I feel like the network is having a hard time with "something" with the newly provisioned devices. I am 4 blocks from my home tower and strangest thing, I'll get dropped down to 3G when it should be strong B25 or B26. (*I check the tower daily for 8T8R install and I know that's not an issue with this one in particular. The Omaha/Lincoln metro area B41 is mostly if not all 8T8R).

I'm in the Eastern Nebraska market, (Samsung market) and I know we have "some" B41 deployment going on but not to the point that I should have no data in multiple places from Omaha to Lincoln, it's bad but u deal with it... #earlyadopters Smiley Sad

I don't use use Fb, Tweetcaster or Pandora but my data will get blocked in Hangouts frequently and I notice my Gmail will sync oddly. I'll delete emails on the device and then later I'll see they never got deleted when I check online.

Thanks for helping with the puzzle Sean, much appreciated.

Journeyman

If it helps, I talked with an individual at Sprint Network Support (877.882.7401) in regards to an Interaction # and Case # that was escalated by Customer Service. The person I talked with added the XDA forum, the original Sprint Community post, and the pocketables story link to my case. I will provide details when I hear back from that conversation.

Journeyman

Also, I don't know if it is helpful, but I used the app speedtest.net just now... The bottom one (10:16 pm) was done on LTE with one bar of service. The top one (10:17 pm) was done on 3G.

Screenshot_2015-04-28-22-18-53.png

Journeyman

No, I don't have error messages or any other network or any issues.

When it dropped out on google maps, it seemed to be switching to wanting to switch from 3g to LTE and vice versa. It seemed to be wanting to hold onto a connection but it could have been overloaded somehow. I don't know since there are no error messages.

I'm in Raleigh, NC.

Journeyman

I wish that someone would admit that the update didn't help matters and screwed up incoming phone calls.

The sales rep warned me but I hoped the update was a fix and installed it. That's when my phone issues started. Wish I had listened but I can make and receive calls just fine after troubleshooting.

If the sales rep knew, the techs knew and informed him. The techs over the phone had said many phones were having issues activating because the night before sprint updated their system. My phone was difficult to activate due to that. I've had this phone for about a week.

Whatever is going on, it needs to be resolved.

Journeyman

Same is happening to me just outside of twincities in MN. Everything works fine over 3g and wifi. On LTE, it's mostly same apps as mentioned with same exact problems(facebook, Pandora, google now voice). But I will add a few apps. Zillow, the Bible. Happy to see you guys are looking into it now as its happening on both mine and my wife's phones. Have had LTE speeds of 17mbps and those apps won't load but will load fine on friends galaxy s5 standing next to me.

Journeyman

Yes I too have the M9 and I am having this issue in Indianapolis, IN. LTE usually seems to work ok but when there is no LTE signal, it tries to switch to 3G, and seems to fail. I say seems, because there is no error message  edit: Sometimes I get the "Unable to establish a wireless connection" error message, and sometimes while using an app I will get a message in the app that there is no network connectivity. Sometimes LTE drops, sometimes 3G drops. 3G seems to be very unreliable. Messages sent or received over data networks like Hangouts (not SMS) will not be sent or received reliably. Sometimes toggling airplane mode will connect again. It's very frustrating. Other than that I don't seem to be having any problems, for instance wifi works perfectly fine.

Message was edited by: urbster1

Wizard

I'd like to add the SMS/MMS over LTE is also an issue for me.  I hadn't really put it together until now... When it happened, I would just toggle airplane mode but after having it fail today, I switched to 3G and it worked just fine.

Activating took a call into Sprint Care which I thought nothing of, just figured that it was the system.  I've done plenty of ESN swaps via the web interface but it's not 100% but the M9 took some extra doing to get it going.

Journeyman

I did have problems with it ota activating come to think of it when I first set up the phone. Had to do the activation over 3G and it took right away after several attempts on LTE. My SMS has been fine for the most part and MMS seems ok as well but I may have been on wi-fi when MMS comes through so it could be an issue over LTE as well.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat