cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Wizard

Re: Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Jeff68005-5 wrote:

I upgraded to the HTC One m9 on the promises of SPARK and all it's upgrade performance promises.  The HTC One m9 jumps from pillar to post all too frequently.  IF the 3G signal is perceived a better signal quality, it drops out of LTE to 3G (1x800) signal.  The phone says LTE, but in fact drops to 3G (1x800).

[Removed Image]

Message was edited by: Jeff68005-5 When I inserted a screenshot, this forum dropped my words in the message

Your screens are showing 800 voice and LTE on B26 (which is 800 mghz) and neither are actually 3G. Hoping for that MR soon and the bouncing around from bands is surely an issue, but what you're describing and showing aren't the same.

GrandMaster

youre connected to LTE..your ss shows so. if you actually dropped to 3G youre ss wouldnt be showing a LTE signal as it is.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I would be jumping for joy with a B41 RSRP of -75....that is a crazy good LTE signal.

Your second screen shot says you are connected to B25 LTE which is probably super congested.

However, I do agree that the radio jumps too frequently and has issues acquiring that LTE signal.

I was sitting at a stop light literally a half block from a tower that has Sprint B25 and B41 live and accepted and I was stuck on 3G until finally it latched on...to a Clear B41 site a half mile away.

Journeyman

Im having some serious issues.  I cant connect to any data network.  then my cell service drops out.  im planning to go to a sprint repair place tomorow, but from what I've read on other sites, they won't do anything for me.  is this a Sprint problem or a problem with my HTC one m9?  If I cant get this fixed, I plan on dropping sprint altogether.  its a shame, I've been your customer for over ten years.....

Journeyman

The db -75 was a band 26.  I was in the shopping center at night when that came about.  At the time of night that band 25 came about - congestion was very unlikely.

My read is the HTC One m9 selects the tower and band frequency based on the lowest db. which it reads as the strongest signal..  I have had a good band 41 switched down only because the db was better on a lower band.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am shooting in the dark, but try some of these thoughts.Screenshot_2015-06-02-01-19-35.png

Have you checked your settings?  After a while of no use of the Mobile Data, the Android Operating System shuts the Mobile Data off. See photo.

Turn it on and check the settings. Try changing from Automatic to LTE/CDMA.  Failing that try CDMA only for experimental purposes ( be sure to get off that after trying it)

While in there, check the Automatic Connections > Sprint Connections Optimizer.  If that GIGO sees any WiFi you may have used before, that is where your connection will go.  Uncheck it for purposes to see it you can get Sprint service.

One other possibility.  When I experimented with WiFi Calling, I had similar issues.  It was a royal bear getting the HTC One m9 to work in any fashion except WiFi even after turning the Wi|Fi calling off.  I ended up turning WiFi off and powering down the phone.  When I powered the phone back up, it did a total reset and was functional again.

Try an app like Signal Check to see if you are getting any signal.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalchecklite&hl=en

Try a site on your regular PC to see what signal quality other are getting. http://www.sensorly.com/map#|coverage

Journeyman

Screenshot_2015-06-02-01-43-29.png

Also check that the Domestic Voice and LTE data boxes are checked.

Journeyman

The problem with the data shutting off is not during inactivity, but actual heavy usage. I have used VPN's as suggested by some savvy users and it helps temporarily. Most "fixes" have been just temporary at best. Bands 25 and 26 are honestly more reliable right now.

Journeyman

I am not sure if I am having the exact same issue so my apologies if this is not in the correct spot.  I got my M9 approx a month ago and since I have had issues with getting any sort of signal (LTE or otherwise).  I have no issues with apps other than occasionally with Pandora.  I have no issues connecting to WiFi and I do have WiFi calling enabled and 99% of my calls are connected as such.

Thus far, if I run a profile update, this seems to get em a slight signal (2-3 bars) for a very short period of time.  I have been doing this on average about 4-5 times a day.

I have NOT been happy with this phone since switching.  I was an avid HTC guy but became disappointed in them over the years and took a break for a bit.  I heard good things about them since and thought I would give them another shot.  Boy has this been really disappointing.  I sohulda held out for the G4.

Any help anyone can provide regarding this, would be greatly appreciated as my phone has pretty much been rendered useless for anything data.

GrandMaster

post your zip and closest cross streets as well. one possibility is the equipment on the tower itself having issues with the phone and how its reading the signal. might not be the actual culprit but it helps to rule that out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My home zip is 27713 and closest intersection would be Carpenter Fletcher and Highway 55.

My work zip is 27604 and closest intersection would be Millbrook Rd and Hargrove Rd.

I have this issue at both locations.  Actually anywhere I have been, even just out and about.

Journeyman

I have the exact same problem.  Most of the time an update to PRL will say I have no SIM card.  Also, while I'm on my commute my phone loses connection often, very frustrating.  Connections to data is horrible on this phone.  Zip codes 92840 (Magnolia and Ellis) and 90058

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat