cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Journeyman

Re: Report issues with M9 Here Please!

I'm still having that issue as well with the prl update. I'm glad others are experiencing this because then they'll fix it. It's an odd issue.

My phone also randomly forgets my wife network when it boots back up. Or it'll have Wi-Fi off or it won't automatically connect to it. Anyone else experiencing this?

Journeyman

*Wi-Fi

This keyboard is also awful.

It autocorrects to weird words or makes a word into two words.

Journeyman

The only WiFi issues I've had is specifically with my company.  It will not auto connect.  I have to manually choose and enter password EVERYDAY.  I think this is the way that my company has the WiFi set up, although it never did this with my G2.

I HAVE had the "no sim card" issue when performing a PRL update though.  Of course this is when I am not receiving a 1233 error code when attempting.

Journeyman

The only workaround I have so far is to change the network mode to CDMA only (3G).

Folks, please try this and spread the word.  Also, call Sprint and complain and point them to this thread.

[ https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/205603 ]

===Rant mode on===

CDMA/3G-only is a horrible thing in which to subject a data-hungry smart phone, but alas it is the only way to keep a data connection when not on wifi. 3G on this phone requires Zen-like patience when it does connect, which is also only sometimes. So I am pretty much "grumpy guy with high end phone he can hardly use" right now.

WHERE IS THAT FIX HTC/SPRINT?!?!?!?!

===Rant mode off===

GrandMaster

you posted a link to a thread IN the thread youre sending people too lol. click it and it takes you full circle right back into this thread

or was that what you were trying to do?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Just placed the link for easy cut/paste.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The M9 cannot make up it's mind at times.  I was outside Sprint LTE territory and knew it.  Sprint 3G and various forms of CDMA are the current norm out in the countryside there. (All inside Sprint territory - no roaming involved). I have the Automatic Connections > Sprint Connections Optimizer unchecked.

Unlike LTE territory, the HTC One m9 seems to grab a 3G or CDMA tower and hold on for dear life.

Some M9 users are getting some success changing towers including getting back onto LTE by selecting Settings > Airplane Mode. They turn it on for half a minute or longer. That disables both mobile and Wi-Fi signal reception and transmission.  When they switch Airplane mode back off, the m9 must rehunt for signal.

I had mixed results doing that.  But it is something to try for many of those with tower connection issues.  I also did that when I returned back to LTE turf since it was holding onto the 1x800 way too long ... like over 20 miles into known nultiple LTE tower turf.

Journeyman

It might be a defective M9.  I've only been using mine a couple days after moving up from my M8, but my new M9 is working flawlessly.  You need to get you one just like it.  If I can't get help over a phone call to Customer Service, then I would definitely be heading to the nearest Spring store.  Sprint generally has pretty darn good Customer Service.  You need to have an M9 that works like mine, you'll love it!

Journeyman

So you're saying ALL of these people just happen to have a bad phone? And the ones who have switched out even twice are just magically getting the defects?

You've only had yours a very short period, it's very likely you'll start seeing some of the issues that have been mentioned.

I have a feeling your post was meant to be trolling anyway.

Journeyman

This is probably the most unhelpful post I've ever seen. Take some time to realize that many of us are researching why this phone is suffering LTE issues. Some people prefer a brand. Others don't. Contribute or just fall out ok? I am not using my M9 until a significant radio update comes out to fix the problem, because I need working LTE.

Journeyman

It's their only post, so I'm pretty sure they were just trolling. There's a high chance they don't even own the phone.

GrandMaster

out of curiosity what city/state are you in?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat