cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Report issues with M9 Here Please!

For the past two days, my HTC One m9 has taken HOURS to charge.  I disabled or forced stop on all my personally chosen apps that were not in use - still it would not fully charge. The phone should have recharged inside a couple of hours as I seldom let it get so low the battery saver feature kicks in.

I had to manually set both battery savers including the extreme battery saver in order to get a full charge which after doing so was a matter of less than an hour.

For some reason, the battery use indication says Lookout consumed 34% of the battery use when before that, Lookout was only taking less than 5%.

The only thing that I did a couple of days ago that was different from what has been my norm was Airplane mode as I described in a previous post.

Even while running the battery saver alone, my phone was down 25% in a matter of hours.

This past couple of days made the previous battery performance look great.

Since updating is automatic, I have no idea if something from HTC was updated.

My next move is to shut the phone off totally and charge it.

Journeyman

That honestly sounds like a rogue app. Disable lookout if you have to, back up data and do a factory reset and then disable the apps you don't want.

GrandMaster

disabling it then restarting the phone should give a pretty good look at whether it was the app going bonkers or something else was causing it and lookout was the scapegoat.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

In any case, it is a useless app. There are easy ways to solve rogue apps like that.

GrandMaster

depends really.. quite a few people prefer it..i know quite a few that use it as their main app...personally i rarely use it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sill no sign of an OTA update to fix the borked radio on this phone. This radio has been borked since release, took weeks to even get Sprint to consider looking into it, and no eta on any kind of fix for the awful radio performance. I know it takes time and all, but we are now a week into June and Sprint hasn't said anything on progress. ughhhhhhh

Journeyman

I actually stopped at my local store this weekend fto handle a few other things and mentioned this to them while there.  The tech took my phone and disabled band 42 and my phone signal has been great since!

Journeyman

Yea basically disabling Band 41 means that they removed your access from Sprint Spark IE TD-LTE or our new network. It is a doubled edged sword fix right now, because it reduces speeds to the bands 25/26 and 3G. Sorry to say, but going to virtually any other phone would be a better idea. I have several co-workers saying that the LG G Flex 2 is doing the same thing.

Regardless of what others may assume, I am looking right at the Flex 2 right now and it is doing the same dead data on band 41 and switching to 3g constantly.

I cannot speak for the galaxy s6 or the G4 doing this as they are too new and no one at my location has the devices yet.

GrandMaster

im currently running the Flex 2 and its working just fine on all bands. im connected to 41 as we speak..kind of wish it would flip to the 800mhz though since im indoors in a shop surrounded by things that kill signal lol...but im still able to watch netflix daily on my lunch break without any issues.

Journeyman

HTC social media jumped into a Twitter conversation about this and was completely unhelpful.  They has someone from technical support contact me and they acted like I am the only one with this problem and that they'd never heard of it.  They insisted it was an issue with the UICC card not being properly married to the device and within 2 minutes on the phone wanted to transfer me to Sprint technical support. When I told them that Sprint has already publicly acknowledged a problem and said there was an update coming to resolve it the HTC rep said they didn't know anything about an update but if one existed they (tech support) wouldn't know about it until the day it was released.  Insane.

Journeyman

What the hell? Why are the still playing dumb? I had a rep in an email first tell me about the update. And now sprint has posted a few things totally acknowledging and working with HTC for the update. I can't wrap my head around the person you spoke with. And how can tech support not know about an update until release day? Aren't they the ones who you know, work in the tech department. My mind hurts. It's like some reps totally acknowledge the issue while others try to play dumb.

GrandMaster

tech support doesnt work on it..the deeper tech crew however does but theyre not the ones we talk to..they work directly with the manufacturers and thats it..once they get everything up and going they then kick out a bulletin saying such and such update/fix/whatnot will be released on blah blah blah..the agents in here then get to see it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat