cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Journeyman

Re: Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Does anyone know if the M9 has any of these issues on the Verizon network?

Wizard

Highly doubtful, only the Sprint devices are being reported to have issues like this.  I'm actually out on business and holy wowza what a difference your market can make.  I live in a Samsung market (Nebraska) and while I see "some" issues at home, they all go away when I kill B41.  I turned B41 back on yesterday to see if things were better at home, they were but man, I landed in Minnesota, my phone was going CRAZY! I data drops and connects and unavailable to the point that I actually couldn't use it.  I turned B41 back off and was able to use it then.... Minnesota is a Nokia market.

Landed in St. Louis, turned B41 back on and all seems to be well, no issues, NOTHING like in MN and more closely matches my experience back home.... St. Louis is a Samsung market as well.

So tomorrow, when I land back in MN for my layover I will leave B41 active and see what happens.  If it goes wild, well, it's certainly tied VERY closely to the market you live in.  The radio is certainly having issues with B41 but its struggling BIG TIME, seems like with the non-Samsung markets.

Journeyman

I constantly am getting an error saying "unable to establish data connection" and will lose both cell and data service for up to 5 minutes. I will see this happen up to 3 times a day. If the signal does not come back, I must perform a Profile update when I get a glimpse of a signal. It happens whether I am in an app, or on the home screen. I have contacted sprint customer care. They refreshed my data signal from their end, which seemed to work for a couple days.

Journeyman

Jalan94... You and I had almost the exact same experience, although no one I spoke with claimed to know more than they did when I asked specific questions (thankfully). I was told to go into a store and have the SIM card replaced.

I'll be doing that soon, but I'll have to deal with my phone deciding whether it wants to hold a mobile data connection or not in the meantime.

The lack of communication is the most frustrating thing about this. I'm able to stick onto a Wi-Fi connection more often than not, so I can largely avoid the issue, but not knowing what's happening is kind of ridiculous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It isn't a sim card issue. It's the carrier and the manufacturer passing the ball until someone who actually programs for the phone's radios actually does something about it.

Journeyman

I have the exact same issue as you guys too.  It's been two months so unfortunately I cannot switch phones or return it.  It's been very disappointing and this may be my last straw with Sprint after 10 years...  What's the point of a data plan when it can't hold a data connection?

Wizard

Get your msl and disable Band 41. That should make it loads better for you.

Journeyman

It's really pathetic that this is the only sort of Band-Aid fix - to gimp our devices.

Seriously...to also be told by Sprint to DISABLE LTE on one of their flagship 2015 phones? And the result for many is even worse since 3G is awful (at least near me).

Getting to be near plug pulling time but it's so freaking expensive to swap to another carrier and have to buy all new devices...honestly that's the only thing keeping me with Sprint.

Wizard

Believe me when I say, I understand your pain but removing B41 from the equation isn't that big of a deal. Some people don't even have access to B41 at all and honestly, B25/26 is plenty fast (I know, I know, it's NOT B41 but....) and seems to work pretty damn good.

The issue has been identified and while the only that will really fix it for us, is the fix, I have to trust there is a awfully good reason we don't have it yet. I'm sure they don't like to see us pissed off and complaining, that's never good for business.

Disable B41 ans see how it works for you. I really don't miss it and my phone is usuable without it.

Good luck!

Journeyman

By the way, good post at xda: How to (and why) disable Spark LTE Bands | Sprint LG G3 | XDA Forums

I'm going to ask for my MSL code today and try it.

Journeyman

Yeah, I've tried disabling 41 already. There's no 26 in my area yet or likely anytime soon due to rebanding issues (thank you San Bernardino) and 25 is thus fairly congested. I'll give it a go again and see if it really helps in my area.

Not sure I mentioned here or on XDA but near my home I can sit at a stoplight a 1/2 block from a B25 live tower and watch my phone sit on 3g/1x until it finally latches on to a B41 tower a mile away. Optimization issues abound in the OC.

EDIT: UPDATE...so in my office I am usually latched on to B41 (albeit at an avg of -110 or -115) with the occasional flip to B25 (or drop)...I just disabled B41 and upon reboot I got the "lost data connection / roaming" warning, and I'm flipping between 1X and Roaming (looking at SCP shows me roaming on Verizon now).....LOVE what this does for battery life too.

PS @Blasikov - Sprint can sometimes be a pain to get your MSL from - so head to the MSL thread in the Sprint HTC One M9 Q&A forum on XDA (having issue posting the link for some reason) and there's a member who can get for you no problem.

Journeyman

Thanks P_M_G!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat