cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Journeyman

Re: Report issues with M9 Here Please!

I really wish my phone worked reliably. The lack of information flowing from Sprint is very disappointing.

Journeyman

I totally agree. It took them weeks to even acknowledge it. It took HTC a bit longer. Now we're told about a fix and then they avoid it. It's probably going to come when they roll out the new Android. HTC is always late with big upgrades so I have a feeling we won't see it for another two or three months.

Last time I'm buying an HTC phone. My m7 was generally good and this phone is so much of a disappointment.

Wizard

Disappointment around lack of official communications aside (I feel your pain... ) lets keep in mind that HTC is ranked #2 only behind Google for Android updates, both timing and consistency in their continued support.  They were the 1st to guarantee 2yr of support (Google is just now giving Nexus folks that guarantee) so they are not to be discounted.

The bad taste may not keep you in an HTC but just making sure anyone else on the fence stays informed.  This update game is a team effort and lack of communication is not fun for us, with the crazy connectivity devices, but both parties want to get it right when we do get it.

Journeyman

Dropping this here in case any in the know might be able to comment: http://www.ibtimes.com/android-51-lollipop-ota-htc-one-m9-start-july-1-sprint-users-1989731

Is this OTA to Lollipop 5.1 going to help us? *Please oh please* Or is an infrastructure issue?

Journeyman

Camera? Bah. Camera is fine.

Wizard

Blasikov wrote:

Dropping this here in case any in the know might be able to comment: http://www.ibtimes.com/android-51-lollipop-ota-htc-one-m9-start-july-1-sprint-users-1989731

Is this OTA to Lollipop 5.1 going to help us? *Please oh please* Or is an infrastructure issue?

I would HIGHLY doubt they would not fix our radio/network connectivity issues in this update. I suppose we shall find out tomorrow though.

Wizard

Users are reporting OTA updates being received so we should know, pretty quickly if the issues are fixed.  The notes in the OTA popup show;

- Android Lollipop 5.1

- Data Performance Improvement

- Call Drop Improvements

- Battery Life Enhancements

- Temp Management Optimization

- Camera Enhancements

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i received it last night. im not seeing any major improvements on the data side of things..then again im also not seeing what you guys are. well kind of. i dont have the data flip flop happening..i just have a hard time picking up LTE unless im way closer than any of my prior phones.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I see a lot of major improvements. The phone is quicker and much smoother. I no longer get the screen blackout when swipping away an app .I can update prl normally, no more of the phone claiming there's no sim card .

The keyboard is a bit smoother as well .

I do get the data flip flops but I attribute it to the area .I never really had the issue of connecting to LTE. But LTE works.

They didn't add too many new options phone wise, that I can see. But I'm just glad the major issues that annoyed me seem to be fixed.

GrandMaster

yeah i didnt have any of those issues. has been smooth since i first activated it..keyboard as well..the data deal has been the only plague for me but i dont have the odd flip flop others are seeing. all the places i had a REALLY solid LTE connection with both my M7 and Flex 2 i have no connection or barely a connection with the M9...aside from that its been a solid phone so far.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well, OTA is downloading now.  Wish me luck!

Journeyman

Spoke too soon .

I get the no sim card very briefly before the prl or profile update goes through normally.

Uh, what is this crap? It was working fine and then it literally starts doing that again out of no where.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat