cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Journeyman

Re: Report issues with M9 Here Please!

I'm on that software version. I saw some others get another update prior to the big one .I haven't. Wonder why.

GrandMaster

dunno..im going to compare the 2 since i took a ss of both here in a bit soon as it finishes updating.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

weird. the one prior was 1.32.651.302

which there arent any records of that im noticing..BUT..it also included

-system enhancements

-camera enhancements

-temp management optimization.

was 291.29MB in size.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

fireguy_6364 wrote:

weird. the one prior was 1.32.651.302

which there arent any records of that im noticing..BUT..it also included

-system enhancements

-camera enhancements

-temp management optimization.

was 291.29MB in size.

That was an update that early adopters got almost right out if the box IIRC.

GrandMaster

gotcha..yeah i didnt see that one until roughly a week ish after lighting this phone up.

Journeyman

That's the one I got. It screwed up my calling. That's the update I was warned about and thought maybe it was another .But since this current update corrected the majority of what the first did, it should be fine.

Journeyman

Most recent update applied. Phone is STILL broken. I had to turn roaming off; it kicks over to roaming while driving for NO reason.

Journeyman

This update doesn't seem to be enough. Though I am glad some of my issues were fixed, others weren't.

I regret getting this phone .I should have waited till the g4 came out.

Once my contract is up, I'll switch to an LG

Journeyman

Ok, so since my last post I updated PRL and profile and rebooted. For the first time since originally disabling LTE, I'm getting an LTE icon in my status bar and the connection seems stable. I'm in a different location for the 4th, so I hope it's not a temporary fix.

*crosses fingers*

Journeyman

RE HTC One m9

I did the upgrade from 5.02 to 5.1 early July 1.  The download was over my Cable Wi-Fi.  The whole process took 30-40 minutes.

For the most part, it is the Android version of The Emperor's New Clothes.  Nothing has really changed except the version number.  This rear end of the dog still goes to CDMA in a neighborhood of LTE towers more often than not.

More than once today, I was in direct line of sight to a known LTE tower. It still showed strong preference to CDMA.  Once it does, the m9 holds on to the CDMA frequency "for dear life".

I do know the LTE towers that I was attempting to connect to was fully functional.  I had a LG 7.0 G Pad that was not having any problem finding a LTE signal including some band other than Band 25..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Possibly dumb question, but did you prl / profile update? That's what reset me post update.

Journeyman

Same problem. The 5.1 update did not fix anything and being connected to band 41 causes the phone to continuously stop data usage. Doing a speed test, the test would fail at the upload portion and nothing short of putting the phone into airplane mode did anything. I am afraid to contact sprint customer care because they'll read from the script rather than look into our problems. Sprint needs to admit they [inappropropriate phrase removed] on this phone. I'm ready to sell mine for any other on the market.

Message was edited by: TheModerator

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat