cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Wizard

Re: Report issues with M9 Here Please!

I'd suggest hard reset for anyone still having issues before taking to the Sprint store. 1. Because it might fix the problems (always a good idea to hard reset after a version update) 2. They're going to do it at the store, without a doubt, so just get in front of that.

I'm not sure why some of the problems still persist for some of you but hope you can get sorted out somehow. It's definitely made things better in my device and it's definitely not placebo.

Happy 4th of July folks!

Journeyman

I am running custom software to get my updates. So far after clearing out everything, completely wiping the phone and applying the 5.1 update, my phone is responding great. All of the dead data issues FOR NOW, are not ocurring. I will post back if anything comes up. We might finally have fixes to this phone now.

Journeyman

I am having a weird issue now with my M9. When I plug in my phone, it will charge up to 100% and then apparently stop charging (see screenshot). I'm using the same charger I always have. Anyone else have this issue?

Screenshot_2015-07-05-07-20-09.png

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i havent came across that..i'll test it out tonight to see if i get the same results or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yea it's weird. I woke up with the exact same amount of battery that I had when I went to sleep. I just bought one of those rapid chargers so I will try that tonight. With the rapid chargers, is it ok to leave those plugged in overnight given the extra voltage output?

GrandMaster

the phone itself should monitor your connection and turn the charge off..with that being said though technically youre supposed to unplug it soon as its fully charged..i havent heard tons of complaints on it but i have however heard that it shortens the life of your battery if its left charging all the time..i use the rapid charger from my Flex2 and it works like a charm..but i also unplug my phone once its fully charged for the night.

is the rapid charger that you picked up for the M9 or did it just say its a rapid charger? look at the output on the charger itself..what does it say? 1.5 max? or more than that?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

With the new update, it seems it's cutting off when it's fully charged .This is a good thing. You don't want to over charge your battery .

I tried to charge my phone while using Google Maps and it appeared to be over heating. So the light started blinking red until I took it off the charger. It also wouldn't change during that time. I count this as a very good thing .The update is really watching out for the battery .

Wizard

Well that is interesting, I'll also pay attention tonight/in the morning and see if mine is doing that.  I didn't notice and only use the HTC charger overnight.  I have a Quick Charge 2.0 in the car (12v) that I use in between trips to/from work and while driving if needed and do have a 2nd QC2.0 at home that use but the HTC is the overnight only.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Journeyman

I appreciate them looking out for my battery's longevity but when I have to start off my day at 80% as a result, it is not an even trade-off.

GrandMaster

i had that happen the other day but in the phones defense it was 109 outside and the only time i run my ac is while the gf or kids are in the truck with me..

Journeyman

I also have always had battery recharging issues from day 2.  I have had to turn the m9 totally off for quickest charging.  More times than not, the apps in the m9 consume the battery charge more that the m9.  Even when I disable several apps, it is often hours to get the charge up to 99%.  All this paragraph was with Lollipop 5.0.2.

AFTER the upgrade to Lollipop 5.2, there appears to be a timer or some other restriction.  The charge always quits early after a short period, the m9 stops charging.  My perceptions is recharging the m9 is three times the challenge it as before the Lollipop upgrade.  On more than one occasion, even after stopping as many apps as possible, the m9 battery level declined when trying to charge ... not improved when the battery saver was on.  Turning the battery saver off gives you a small chance.  Personally I am not comfortable turning the m9 totally off, but I have little choice all too often.

On a separate note, I was slow to update the profile and PRL, but that has been done.  The matters above have not improved.

Journeyman

So no issues with the rapid charger. Woke up and my phone was at 100%

Guess I'll just be using that one from now on.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat