cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Wizard

Re: Report issues with M9 Here Please!

Jeff68005-5 wrote:

I also have always had battery recharging issues from day 2.  I have had to turn the m9 totally off for quickest charging.  More times than not, the apps in the m9 consume the battery charge more that the m9.  Even when I disable several apps, it is often hours to get the charge up to 99%.  All this paragraph was with Lollipop 5.0.2.

AFTER the upgrade to Lollipop 5.2, there appears to be a timer or some other restriction.  The charge always quits early after a short period, the m9 stops charging.  My perceptions is recharging the m9 is three times the challenge it as before the Lollipop upgrade.  On more than one occasion, even after stopping as many apps as possible, the m9 battery level declined when trying to charge ... not improved when the battery saver was on.  Turning the battery saver off gives you a small chance.  Personally I am not comfortable turning the m9 totally off, but I have little choice all too often.

On a separate note, I was slow to update the profile and PRL, but that has been done.  The matters above have not improved.

Did you ever hard reset your device because those issues are weirder than most.  I've never had any issues charging UNLESS it hit the thermal protection (as GhostBlonde mentioned) which is the phone saving itself.  Do you have a ton of stuff running and moving data suck as signal hunting and using Sensorly and Navigation at the same time? Regardless, hard reset your device if you haven't.  If you are worried about losing anything, use the HTC Backup tool before doing so, it does a good job of bringing things back after hard reset.

DarkKnightKC wrote:

So no issues with the rapid charger. Woke up and my phone was at 100%

Guess I'll just be using that one from now on.

I charged my phone up a few times yesterday on the HTC charger and let sit to see if I could replicate and couldn't.  Wondering, did you see that behavior on multiple occasions or just that one night?  Looked really strange but not sure I've ever seen anything like that. 

Journeyman

Yes it happened every night since I got the most recent update. I've been really not wanting to hard reset my phone but the battery drain seems to be even worse post-update.

Wizard

DarkKnightKC wrote:

Yes it happened every night since I got the most recent update. I've been really not wanting to hard reset my phone but the battery drain seems to be even worse post-update.

That is so strange! Well, I saw that you used the quick charger and it seemed to be fine which is good.  Maybe try the HTC charger again tonight and see if the issue returns.  Regardless, I strongly recommend a hard reset after OTA's, especially software version bumps. Google (contacts, wifi, bt etc backups) + HTC backup (apps, app data, messaging etc.) + Expandable memory (pictures and downloaded files) does make it less painful as it'll bring back pretty much everything but I can understand your apprehension.  If you are If you take to a Sprint store with concerns, they'll probably hard reset it anyway (you'll be on the spot and under pressure to just have it done while there at the store, that is never fun) and if you do it yourself, you could a) sort out the issue and b) save a trip to the brick and mortar  which is quite the incentive if you ask me.

*The hard reset was really for Jeff68005-5 but it's generally a great idea to do it if the device is doing really off the wall things AND certainly after a OTA with Android version bump.

Good luck!

Journeyman

This really is the most bizarre issue. I went back to my original charger and, as you can see, the issue resurfaced. The phone successfully charges up to 100% but then it just appears to stop charging even though the battery icon shows that the charger is still connected. Also, you'll notice that once the phone is plugged in, something is causing it to permanently stay awake. I guess I have no choice but to hard reset now...

Screenshot_2015-07-08-08-12-14.png

Highlighted
Wizard

I saw a wake lock before like that and it turned out to be Dropbox/Carousel upload pics/vid because I had it set to only do that when plugged in and on wifi.  I don't know if you use any battery/app monitoring apps but GSam Battery Monitor is my go to for that.  It'd be interesting to know what app is showing high usage during that battery drain period.  While it does not explain the drain while on the charger (that is super weird) it may help you find the culprit of the wake lock. 

I'd say try to figure out what is keeping the phone awake before hard resetting because the reset will be good for the phone BUT if you put the same app back on and it acts up, you're going to have the same thing happening.

Journeyman

Hello Sprint Peeps,

I just upgraded my S4 to an M9. Major Data dropping issues. Sitting in the same location data speeds will increase decease and then drop at random. Most of the time I can turn Airplane mode on and off to resolve the issue for a while. Some times minutes some times an hour.

MMS only works in WiFi

I have hard reset the phone without a Gmail so It wouldn't install apps. same issue.

>>Are any of you having this same issue over 3G only?

I haven't tried CDMA only

>>Are you getting any error messages when this issue occurs? Yes

Screenshot_2015-07-15-12-54-04.pngScreenshot_2015-07-16-09-13-26.png

When the issue occurs, applications are extremely slow or they time out. For example, the mail application attempts to sync mail continuously until it times out (connection timed out is the error in that case). If you use the option to talk to Google for a search, it comes back and tells you it cannot connect to the server.

>>Also, just be sure, are you having any other specific device or network related issues in conjunction with what has been mentioned above?

No

My location Varies in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. The data loss is not specific to any one area

GrandMaster

double check to make sure you have the most latest updates that were pushed to the phone.

there were i believe 2 updates that came out..

one of them was this one

Re: HTC / One M9 software update MR2

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This has been very typical for the HTC One m9.  I assure you are not alone.  No guarantees,  but try a total power turn off. Wait a few minutes and restart.

Alternatively, try a soft reset before doing a hard reset.

How Sprint let this out of the sewer is anybody\s guess.  IF I was a decision maker, most of the phones Sprint is putting out now would be sent back to the manufacturers for full redevelopment.  We are tired of being Beta Testers and paying for the privilege.

Journeyman

So any updates on this?

I live in the Seattle area and have had on and off issues with Spark LTE on my HTC One M9 (It is updated to the latest firmware). I have tried factory reset, wiping my cache, resetting the network with the ##72786# option and nothing has worked. Interesting enough though, the internet on my Chrome browser works fine but most of my apps do not load at all(Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and even Google Play Store). I replaced my phone with another M9 (also updated to the latest update) and this one as well is having the same exact issue. I was thinking maybe it's a tower issue near my work but I have the same issue at home which is 25 miles north of where I work so it can't be a tower issue. Has anyone found a fix yet?

Journeyman

Hard to say.  I recall before the Lollipop update, MROGRS advised disabling band 41.

After the Lollipop upgrade failed to improve anything, I elected to disable band 25 instead.

It is NOT the perfect solution, but things appear to have improved.  Sure, CDMA is still a priority all too often, but when my m9 grabs a LTE signal, it is holding on better.

Band 41 is not all that much faster in my area due to the load factors on the towers I get picked up on.  IMO, the speeds on any of the LTE bands or towers depends on the load factors.

GrandMaster

very much so..on band 41 i have had speeds as high as 60+mbps down and on some towers only in the high 10's-mid 20's..just depends on its location and how many people are bombarding it

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have had it with this phone. I have tried several configurations with the data connections, tried updating profile and PRL. Nothing works. I am in Orange County, 92646, work in 92614/92626 areas. Drop calls everyday. Something is definitely wrong, either on Sprint's end or on HTC's end. My M7 had no such issues with the network.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat