cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about the m9

Highlighted
Journeyman

questions about the m9

I was told by the service rep at the store to not download the latest update since its been having baby issues. Now I can't get the notification to download it to go away. Is there anyway to do this?

I hate the starting up tone the phone has but can't find where in the settings to disable it. Has anyone found where?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

*many issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nevermind about the update notifications. I cleared the app data of the updater and it's gone. Still can't find out how to turn off the startup sound.

Highlighted

Tried having your phone on vibrate when you restart it?

don't avoid the updates BTW... 🙂

Highlighted
GrandMaster

agreed..especially for newly released phones..the first round of updates pushed to it are to fix the smaller things that were reported popping up on the device.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The sales rep told me many people were having issues with this specific update. When I updated, I got the same issues until I had to call. It seems fine now.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

big things to remember

1-most sales reps are NOT tech savvy..or not as savvy as they seem to be..thats why there are repair techs lol

2- unless its a large update to a new OS system like this last Lollipop update its more than likely a fix for something..worst case scenario when it says there is an update jump in here to see what exactly its about and what its supposed to do.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think there's anything you can do to stop the start-up tone. At least, I haven't found a way to do it yet. It's not especially bothersome to me because I keep the volume set low all the time anyway. But if you have a high volume setting, it can really jolt you when it sounds.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

is this when turning on the screen or when restarting the phone? i dont think the volumes will even be go back to whatever you had them set to until the phone fully boots itself back up anyways if this is the case..same deal with the Flex2.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had no issues until I updated. He was right.

I silenced the start up tone on my m7 I forget how.

The latest update has screwed up a lot of phones. Hopefully a fix comes soon.

Highlighted

When phone is in vibrate you will not get the startup tone.

phones just out too... updates will be on the way for sure. promise.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know this but to have the solution be to have no sound notifications is ridiculous. I hope the next update they pump out gives an option for a silent boot.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat