cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/17 - HTC One Software Update - 1.31.651.2

44 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 7/17 - HTC One Software Update - 1.31.651.2

Please be careful of this update and think twice before accepting. I downloaded via wifi on Tuesday, 8/13. No problems installing. Left town next day for business trip to Arkansas, and the fun began. Phone would not roam, and the update had truncated the menu that allows you to check 'roaming'. Sprint support had not seen the truncated menu issue before, and as we worked through, we found three other menus truncated. Called HTC support and did the 'wipe the cache' routine. Did not work. Went to the Sprint store to see a very sharp technician I know, and he confirmed that menu items were missing and the the cache wipe was not working. I agreed to let him do the factory reset and cut my losses. Factory reset did not work. So they gave me a new phone and told me not to accept the update. In reading this forum, it's obvious that that this update is very wonky... not affecting some phones, and doing bad things to others. I have communicated this with three levels of HTC support, and they are all very nice, but non-committal on fixing update. Be safe out there!!

Journeyman

The reason you have to turn off fast boot it to let the phone fully shut down. Fast boot is more like putting a windows computer to sleep. It's not fully off, and does not pass the point where you can go to the recovery.

And erasing your Cache is just clearing temp files, you shouldn't ever lose personal info by doing it.

Worst case, you can run the HTC one Backup, then factory reset the phone, run the update, then restore it. Not a fun idea, but may work.

GrandMaster

ditto...knock on wood.

only issue i have ran into are usually apps not being compatible with the newest version of whatever im running. well that and this notification deal..which is more of a annoyance than an issue really.

Journeyman

Yeah safe bet is Wifi but so far I never ran into any issues running updates.

GrandMaster

i try to stick to wifi..have yet to run into a update that was so important that it couldnt wait lol

Journeyman

Yeah I have used both so far without any issues.

GrandMaster

normally its recommended to download over wifi anyways..wifi is the more solid of connections compared to your mobile data connections.

Journeyman

I'm just curious as to why it instructs you to download over the cell data connection? It's very very slow. Is it a bad idea to download it over wifi?

EDIT: Asked Sprint and doing it over wifi is fine. I just updated mine and it was successful, *knock on wood*

GrandMaster

i dont think i have ever really kept fast boot on on any of my phones. since it gives you that disclaimer deal about it not working with some apps i decided i can wait the extra amount of time it takes for my phone to boot up normally lol.

Journeyman

Well that stinks heck I think I have never turned Fast Boot off on any of my 3 devices but either way that stinks that your still having the issue. So you might email them and let them know or give them a call..

http://www.htc.com/www/contact/email/ or the phone number +1-866-449-8358 from 8AM to 1AM, 7 days a week.