cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get HTC Sync Manager to see my HTC One

Journeyman

Cannot get HTC Sync Manager to see my HTC One

Is anyone having issues getting their HTC One to be recognized in the HTC Sync Manager. I have tried everything and it will not recognize the phone in the software. HTC says it is super easy by just plugging in the phone to my computer, wrong, it does not work. I even downloaded the latest version from the HTC site with no luck on recognition. Any suggestions people may have would be great. It is the one thing that is causing me frustration with the phone. I am constantly adding/removing music and video from my phone and would prefer to use HTC Sync Manager but I will say this. DoubleTwist works like a dream and allowed saw my phone immediately.

8 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Cannot get HTC Sync Manager to see my HTC One

no issues for me.

make sure you have a good usb cable so even if you are using the cable that came in te box, try a different usb cable known to work or one you have used before.

also are you using a usb 3.0 port? try a usb 2

are you windows or mac?

try a different computer.

I would uninstall the HTC Sync Manager you have installed currently, and restart your computer.

Then install it again from the HTC website, make sure it's the one listed for the HTC One (I don't know if it makes a difference, but why take the chance?). https://support.htc.com/index.php?title=en-us/020-HTC_One_Sprint/News_%26_Downloads

Restart your computer after installing it, then try again, give it a few minutes after plugging it in as it may need to reinstall the drivers again when you plug it in the first time in each USB port.

Sprint Product Ambassador

I've tried to use HTC Sync on my Macbook Pro to no avail. Yet. But I haven't exhausted all options, either. So far it's not exactly "plug-n-play." I'll circle back to this forum and post my updates as I have them.

What type of computer are you using? Mac, PC, Linux?

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Wizard

i dont use sync manager. when i plugged the one up for the first time to the laptop, i was greeted with a folder that shows the htc sync program and there was a link. i clicked on the link and it took me to the download page at htc to DL the sync manager. i use windows 8.

Journeyman

I have encountered the same problem. I have a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.7.5 and have not been able to get the computer to recognize the device. Additionally, I have tried to connect the device to my work laptop, a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.7.5 as well without success. The phone is pretty useless if I cant manage my media.

Journeyman

I have found this phone to be very buggy. I cannot get a 4G signal anywhere, the home/back buttons sometimes work, sometimes don't. I have found out this is a known issue with the phone and HTC currently does not have a fix. UGH!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sorry to hear of your woes. I have found my One is picking up LTE better than any other LTE device when I'm in network. We Sprint employees are reading and passing issues back to product and device teams. Some good news is we anticipate seeing the "sensitivity" issue of the Home and Back buttons being addressed in our first MR. However, I'm not sure when the first MR will be released for public consumption. Hopefully soon. Hang tight. Thanks for being a customer!

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

I also had trouble with the sync manager.  Eventually what I did was uninstall, go to the HTC site and download it and the drivers from there and install..  I also made sure that I plugged my USB cable into one of the rear USB ports on my tower, as it wouldn't work using a front USB port.  Works perfectly now.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.