cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors LTE: EMM-65535 - No troubleshooting help or fixes for these error???

Journeyman

Errors LTE: EMM-65535 - No troubleshooting help or fixes for these error???

Since December November 26th, I have been working with Sprint and HTC to try to address multiple error messages on my account.

I have had these issues happening since I got my HTC One on Black Friday.  I then was told it was the device so I went back to bestbuy and had the phone swapped out for another brand new one on December 19th and have been getting the same errors since as well on the new device.

Has anyone been experiencing the following error messages?

LTE:ESM 65535

MIP: 65535

LTE: ESM 65541

MIP: 65541

LTE: ESM-0

PRL Update Error: 1012

Troubleshooting with Sprint, we have done multiple factory resets, changed network settings (LTE/CDMA vs CDMA Only) and changed to Auto.

Sprint wireless support advised that these were HTC software error messages.

HTC advises that these are Sprint network error messages.

Has anyone been able to resolve similar issues?

Has anyone been able to get a straight answer out of Sprint or HTC about this issue?

When is there going to be another update to fix this issue??

If someone is able to help me that would be awesome and I also have screenshots dated back to December 19th on this.

21 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Errors LTE: EMM-65535 - No troubleshooting help or fixes for these error???

it will only happen when you drop your data signal...more often than not its happens when the phone either drops the data signal or is switching from the old legacy equipment on the towers to the newer equipment..and vise versa..until all the towers are completed in your area you will see this from time to time.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Fireguy_6364

The most annoying part on this is that Sprint has no FAQ on this error and the customer service reps have no clue about it.  Do you know when this is going to be completed?  I am up on the northshore.

Thanks

Kevin

GrandMaster

no idea..what state and zip? i'll see what i can find but no promises..while im looking post your zip and cross streets closest to where you see the issue the most and one of the techs will be able to look into it as well..

i think that error code is a HTC code only..mainly to let you know you lost your data connection..which shockingly we kind of know when we look at the phone and dont see the data symbol at the top lol..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others where we can when we can. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Massachusetts 01960 and 01887.  It seems to happen very frequently no matter where I am that I have found.

GrandMaster

this is what im seeing so far for Massachusetts

this is a list of the cities that have hit at least 40ish percent completion of the Network Vision upgrades..so even though a city isnt on the list doesnt mean its not currently being worked on..that part is a bit up in the air until the announce it.

MASSACHUSETTS

Boston

Cambridge

Dorchester

Framingham

Newton

Springfield

Waltham

Worcester

along with

Fitchburg/Leominster, Mass.

Martha's Vineyard, Mass.

Peabody, Mass.

and the only Wilmington im seeing so far is in N.C

not to sure how often they update this list but here yuh go.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/4glte-launchedmarkets.htm

Journeyman

Thanks Fireguy_6364.  That is helpful to know.  I didn't see any ETA on the list of locations being worked on. 

GrandMaster

unfortunately you wont. there are to many variables that can come up and blow any ETA out of the water..figure on average with no problems a tower upgrade will take roughly 2 months..this is with all parts on hand, full access without having to wait on property owners...pretty much a text book upgrade..with that being said and this being the real world that rarely happens lol...you'll usually see a 30-90 day quote but honestly that can go out the window in nothing flat..just depends on the contractors doing the work and how well they communicate to sprint.

you can also hit up www.s4gru.com

they are keeping close tabs on this whole deployment and might have some additional info for you..keep in mind that this is also a 3rd party site so anything they talk about over there might or might not be accurate...BUT..with that being said they have been pretty spot on with their intel.

that would be my 3rd party site disclaimer lol

Journeyman

Yeah they do a good job of keeping a eye on things..

Wizard

Be careful with S4GRU. They are a bunch of bullies who will insult you if you don't sign up for a premium membership.