cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One to get Android 4.3 by the end of September

Journeyman

Re: HTC One to get Android 4.3 by the end of September

Yes!... And Android 4.3 incorporates this crucial feature...!!   Android keeps getting better and better....

GrandMaster

excellent...to be honest i always wondered if there was a way to defrag a phone like they do with computers..heck its a mini computer basically...

Journeyman

In short is a command that allows an operating system to inform a solid state drive (or any other solid state memory for that matter that is used to read/write) which blocks of data are no longer considered in use and can be wiped internally.

Therefore, it helps to combat fragmentation... and keeps things running smooth.

GrandMaster

what exactly is TRIM? im at work and dont get the pleasures of google and whatnot to search things out while here lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What I will be more exited about is that 4.3 supports TRIM.

That should make our snappy phone snappy for years to come....

GrandMaster

true..plus we will not know what additional things are going to be in there until we actually get it..there are always some additional changes or add ons that end up going under the radar

Journeyman

Yeah just a normal update usually never anything really big but there are a few that the OS needs to have that others already have.

GrandMaster

a few i could care less about..the rest seem to be pretty good though..not awe inspiring but still a good add on or fix lol

Journeyman

Yeah one that I'm looking forward to is Restricted User Profiles which will be nice if you have someone you want to restrict access to certain things like if you have kids with a phone.

Here what they are suppose to have in 4.3 or some key features.

Restricted User Profiles

Support for Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0

PhotoSphere  or improvements to 360-degree panoramic image capture.

Autocomplete on Dial pad

Locating through Wi-Fi update your location even if Wi-Fi and GPS are turned off.

Google Gaming and Graphics Improvement

Take pictures with Volume Keys

1080p Video Streaming & Surround Sound

Permission Manager... This will be a nice add on you can limit apps from access your contacts your location and more.

Improved Language Support

GrandMaster

any rumors on what 4.3 will contain? they never FULLY list what all will be in it...heck more often than not its us reporting what we found that gets it on the radar lol