Did you mean: 

Change nat type on htc 5g hub

Journeyman

Re: Change nat type on htc 5g hub

This actually seems like a pretty comprehensive article on how to work with it:

https://portforward.com/nat-types/

Journeyman

I've tried port forwarding and it didnt work sadly. The device itself does not have that option. I did it through my router. I've asked for the ip address to access the settings but no one has responded. My last sprint hotspot had an address to access.
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy Chris. I checked on the IP address, and we don't have that info. It's listed as restricted. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Just wondering why sprint would restrict that access? All the other hotspots you can access it? For as much as someone pays for it we should be able too. 

Journeyman

That is absolutely bad news bears. What the heck is it with cellular internet devices and not having the option to do port forwarding? Man that's frustrating. What, do these cellular providers just think you need internet for different reasons when you buy it through them? No - I just need the same **bleep** internet! The one I can DO things on, including OTHER THAN browsing the web or your pre-cooked BS. I posted another thread asking about this... if you really can't do DMZ/Port Forwarding on that HTC device, then I guess we won't be getting it. That does not sate our needs, and is, frankly, ridiculous.

Does it have a bridge mode option anywhere?

Journeyman

Also - do you have a laptop you can connect to the HTC 5G Hub? If so (and you're running Windows), you can open up a command prompt window and type ipconfig /all and you should see an IP address next to "Default Gateway".

That IP address is the IP of your HTC 5G Hub.

Journeyman

I was able to find the IP address for the hub, but it wouldn’t let u into the router. I gave up and took it back and cancelled the service and went back with Verizon. Got really frustrated with the run around from sprint and it was like nobody knew what port forwarding was or even NAT types. 

Journeyman

I found the ip address but it says restricted. So you cant access it at all. Im wondering if the other hotspots have this issue? I know their older one you could get into and change settings. I guess I'll be taking this back since this is a 700$ piece of trash
Journeyman

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing, if you haven't returned it already? Might just be a cetificate issue.

Journeyman

A screen shot of what exactly?
Journeyman

The website you land on when you navigate to the device IP address in your web browser.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It just says restricted page. No error number or anything.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat