cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change nat type on htc 5g hub

Journeyman

Change nat type on htc 5g hub

I live in a rural area where internet providers lack. So getting this hotspot was my only option.  I was told I would be able to play online with it but found it has a nat type 3 which does not allow online gaming. I use Google pods as my router so I do not turn on the wifi option on the hub. I've never had an issue with my pods with other internet providers before I moved so I know it's not my pods. I have tried everything from port forward, reserving an ip address on my pods settings and even doing the DNS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

35 REPLIES 35
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Change nat type on htc 5g hub

Howdy Chris. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. I looked into the htc 5g hub and it is designed to: 

- Able to allow gaming

- Stream 4K videos

- Replace a Wi-Fi router

Just a couple quick questions:

- Are you able to access the internet with this device? 

- May I have a couple cross streets, and the zip? (I'd like to look into the towers)

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Yes I can access internet. It's the nat type that is causing the online gaming issue.  It's a nat 3 which is super restrictive. It needs to be at least a 2. It has nothing to do with the towers. It's a setting somewhere on the hub. The zip is 77535. Crossroads are cr. 67632 and 6763 but like I said that has nothing to do with it. Thank you for your help

I understand that you're wanting to change the Nat settings, but I'm not seeing that this setting is adjustable. I do see that the device is 5G, and wanted to make sure it was being used in a 5G area. 

I'm going to check a couple more resources, and I'll be right back.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

What system are you using to play online? (xbox, playstation, ect.)

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Alrgihty. I do see that this device has some advance settings. Have you tried to setup port forwarding on the Hub? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

I am having the same issue as Chris. How can I get to the forwarding ports setting? I’m not seeing this option. I have spent 2 hours on the phone with technical support and nobody seems to know what I’m talking about. Please advise

Journeyman

Theres no 5g around here and the speeds are horrible but ita better than nothing. I was reading these setting are sometimes in place by the carrier? Thank you again for helping me

Journeyman

Ps4
Journeyman

I would if I knew where that is. I've looked all in the settings.
Journeyman

I was hoping for a quick reply from the agent. My service isn’t great either, but 100gb a month from this or 15gb from Verizon was a no brainer for me. I was able to get my Verizon jet pack to change the NAT type with no problem. I think that Cat is on the right page as port forwarding is how to change the NAT, but I’m like u, can’t find where.

If you are not seeing the option, then Sprint doesn't allow for it to be adjusted. Carrier's are putting these things in place. While I know its frustrating, it for legal purposes. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat