cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Tips for your HTC Bolt - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

So, HTC generally has a few pet peeves (for me). Most times, these are settings and settings and the HTC Bolt is no exception.  All these things are easily adjustable and easily customizable.  In no particular order, here are things I adjusted to make me love my HTC Bolt (every bit as much as my most favorite smart phone).

4.jpg

#1 Turn off “Prediction”

In a world full of acronyms and abbreviations, I simply find word prediction to be a hindrance rather than an enhancement.  If you find yourself having to correct things over and over again, you’ll be better off turning the feature off like l did.  Simply go to a text message window and hold down the comma button until the “prediction” toggle shows up.  Slide to the right to turn off.

#2 Add a Couple Spare Fingerprints

Sure you already set up a thumbprint but what happens when you are trying to unlock the phone with your other hand.  I always like to have about 2 or 3 fingerprints encoded just in case.  Go to “Settings”, “Personal>Fingerprint Scanner” and “Add Fingerprint”.  You can add up to five finger prints.  I like adding a couple of mine and one of my wife’s fingerprints (just in case she needs to use my phone).

#3 Boost+ Clear Junk

I normally wait until all my programs are installed but I would recommend using HTC’s Boost+ app to clear off some space left over during initial installations.   Open Boost Plus and click “Clear Junk” to reclaim some of that space back to storage.

#4 Mirrored Selfies

You’ll find the HTC’s front selfie camera is truly excellent but if you aren’t a fan of seeing backwards print on T-Shirts, you can easily make that mirror image normalized by going to “Settings”, “Camera options” and Turn off “Save Mirrored Selfies”.  It’s not always visible, you’ll need to scroll up and down in the list but I promise the options are there.

#5 make sure you don’t have a MR (Maintenance Release) waiting for you.

When I got my phone, there was one MR update already waiting for me.  To check and make sure you are up to date got to “Settings” scroll down and click on “About” and choose “Software Updates”.   It will either state “No Updates Available” or guide you to most recent software update for installation. (At the Time of this writing, current software version is 1.17.651.11)

#6 Add A Big Micro SD Card and Load It Up.

By default your HTC Bolt comes with 32GB of internal storage but since micro SD cards are trivially inexpensive lately, I would recommend adding a large capacity one just in case.  The HTC Bolt will accept up to a 2TB Micro SD Card.

Just don’t forget your HTC key to install the card be careful not to drop your card or tray during the installation.

Now remember, once your card is installed choosing to save to that newly formatted card is often on an app by app basis

Here are a few useful ones that I added:

#6a Set Camera to Removable Storage

Open the Camera app and choose “Settings”.  Scroll all the way to the bottom and toggle “Storage” to “Removable Storage”

#6b Set Vudu to Download To: SD Card

Open Vudu App and open the side menu.  Under ‘Settings”, “Account” choose “Download To” and pick “SD CARD” (this is especially needed if you like to stockpile digital copies of movies for offline viewing).

#6c Set Amazon Prime Music: to Storage SD

Open Amazon App and open side menu.  Click the cog wheel at the bottom and scroll down to Storage Location, choosing “New Downloads are saved to SD Card”.  This option is fairly new as previous versions of the app did not allow this.

#6d NOTE: other apps vary but don’t assume just because you added a new SD card, that your content is being saved to that location.  Check around and make sure.

#7 BoomSound settings

By default whenever you plug in a pair of headphones, HTC Boomsound is on and ready.  With the included earbuds.  One thing you’ll want to do is turn on Adaptive Audio.  Plug in your headphones and it’ll immediately guide you.  Click “Start” on your “Personalize your Audio” Profile screen and le run its course (should be white noise).  After complete can play a test sample and toggle to hear the difference, then save your profile.  I would recommend setting up different profiles for various environments. I have “Office”, “Nature” (for my nature walks), “Airport” (for more noisy crowds).   

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Great Tips for your HTC Bolt - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Why do my comments keep getting deleted? If you are a Sprint Product Ambassador, help a sprint customer out and help explain how to fix my problem. A $600 phone shouldnt stop working after less than 2 months. Even after a factory reset, it doesnt work.

Sprint Social Care

Hey there! If you have already done a Master Reset, we recommend you to take the device to one of our Sprint Repair Center so that one of our technicians can take a look at the phone. They will be able to diagnose the issue and get it resolve. Click here so you can check the nearest repair center to you. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Another tip: make sure to return your defective phone within the first 14 days of purchasing it, or else you will have to go through HTC's customer service.  You don't want to go through HTC's customer service.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat