Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 5G Hub bridge mode?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC 5G Hub bridge mode?

Hey all. I was just wondering if the HTC 5G Hub is capable of supporting bridge mode, or has a DMZ. I'm looking at this device for our business purposes, and we just need it to be a reliable connection, and for it to obey our security/port-forwarding rules. Ideally, I'd like to just put it in bridge mode and have our routers perform all the routing functions, but as long as it respects port forwarding rules or has a DMZ, I'll be happy (looking at replacing a device which, unbelievably, just doesn't obey the port forwarding rules you set on it - AT&T just straight disabled that feature, so we're looking to take our business elsewhere).

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: HTC 5G Hub bridge mode?

Howdy sudoISS. We spoke on another thread last week. I looked in to this device and I'm not seeing any option to change the NAT setting. It appears to no longer be an option. I've also looked into the port forwarding option on the device, and again I'm not seeing anything. 

Have you looked into the advance setting on your device to see if port forwarding is an option? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

We haven't purchased the device yet - I'm looking into it before we purchase, to make sure that it will be suitable for our requirements. We really like the $60 monthly plan with a 100GB data cap, but... if we can't forward ports and have control of our network, then it's useless to us. We're not just browsing the internet at these locations, we need to be able to access and control our network.

Ok I understand. As for the forward porting, I haven't seen that this option is covered in the User Guide for this device. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I guess my big question is this:

Is there an admin page that I am able to access via a web browser (or even via an SSH connection) that would allow me to configure settings?

The only settings that are adjustable are located on the device itself in the settings. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

That will not work for us.

I understand. I'd prefer our customer, or prospective customers to have all the info. Is there anything else I can help with? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat