Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 5G Hub not 802.11bg compatible??

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC 5G Hub not 802.11bg compatible??

Hi, I bought my HTC 5G Hub last week, and already have replaced it once (yesterday).  The 2.4 HGz signal for 802.11bg NEVER detected!  I thought the documents selling this said '802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad compatible.  I currently ONLY have the 5GHz 802.11ac connection.  Clue:  setup NEVER asked me for a SSID to the 2.4 GHz services, and I never see the SSID on my solely 2.4 GHz WiFi devices.  At least the replacement has both 5 GHz and the wired connector (RJ45) working.  I will be testing the wired connection later today, then calling Sprint for another replacement.

This is New unit.  Factory reset has no joy.

Anybody else having this problem?  Does Sprint HTC supplier have poor QC???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: HTC 5G Hub not 802.11bg compatible??

Will do.

@rogerstierman wrote:

Thanks for the info!  Please make sure this is n the HTC 5G Hub manual; I could not find it.  THIS FEATURE IS IMPORTANT!!  rjs

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

The HTC 5G Hub does not broadcast the 5.0 and 2.4GHz frequencies simultaneously.  You have to select which one to broadcast within the settings.  If memory serves, 2.4 is the default.  You can change it by Tapping Device - Settings - Network & Internet - Wi-Fi Hotspot - Advanced - AP Band - and choose 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz.  

@rogerstierman wrote:

Hi, I bought my HTC 5G Hub last week, and already have replaced it once (yesterday).  The 2.4 HGz signal for 802.11bg NEVER detected!  I thought the documents selling this said '802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad compatible.  I currently ONLY have the 5GHz 802.11ac connection.  Clue:  setup NEVER asked me for a SSID to the 2.4 GHz services, and I never see the SSID on my solely 2.4 GHz WiFi devices.  At least the replacement has both 5 GHz and the wired connector (RJ45) working.  I will be testing the wired connection later today, then calling Sprint for another replacement.

This is New unit.  Factory reset has no joy.

Anybody else having this problem?  Does Sprint HTC supplier have poor QC???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info!  Please make sure this is n the HTC 5G Hub manual; I could not find it.  THIS FEATURE IS IMPORTANT!!  rjs

Community Manager

Will do.

@rogerstierman wrote:

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

And thanks, the Settings change makes my Hub useful for the operations I had planned.  Also like that Sprint finally has a strong signal into our house (though not yet 5G; I'm too far from the Access Tower I guess).   This is quite an improvement over their service to our house 3 years ago.  I'll keep it, and hope it only gets better.  rjs

Highlighted
Community Manager

PM me your address and I will see if you are on the 5G roadmap.

@rogerstierman wrote:

And thanks, the Settings change makes my Hub useful for the operations I had planned.  Also like that Sprint finally has a strong signal into our house (though not yet 5G; I'm too far from the Access Tower I guess).   This is quite an improvement over their service to our house 3 years ago.  I'll keep it, and hope it only gets better.  rjs

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat