cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

The first thing that I would recommend is that you make sure the store you go to is a corporate owned store that has repair technicians on site.

My experience was really good   

I took that phone in and the technician examined it.

I was told this was a known issue and there was no repair option available. 

They told me that they would replace the phone.

I then asked if they could see if any other phones were being offered as replacement options.

(they may have an option shown when they initiate an order for a replacement device) 

I was told that I could get a Samsung Galaxy S7.

I accepted and now I am a happy owner of a Samsung Galaxy S7.

The entire process took less than 3 days.

I now continue to help others resolve this issue.

---

For those that don't have insurance--(and deal with HTC directly)--you may be able to add insurance if HTC gives you a new device or new motherboard.  If your IMEI is different then try adding ESRP.  It would be a smart move, as the device will fail again.

GrandMaster

also if the IMEI is different there is a strong chance the phone will need to be re added into Sprints system. better safe than sorry in case this does happen.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

As of 06/05/17 HTC has had my phone longer than I had it before it malfunctioned. I sent it for repair and they returned it to the incorrect address. Now I'm here paying for a phone that I got to use for 3 weeks and is now lost. This is the MOST unprofessional experience I have ever experienced from both Sprint and HTC.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

is HTC trying to rectify it?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

HTC is repairing my screen but I have heard several people say it happens again.

GrandMaster

that part i get..but is it lost or was it just sent to the wrong address and now its being sent back to them and then they kick it back out to you?
Journeyman

They returned it to the wrong address and have been attempting to retrieve it to send to the correct address.
Journeyman

This is unbelievable how sprint nor htc has done anything about this phone. Just reading through this thread gives me a headache about what I have to do for repair/replacement. A phone from 2001 is better than this lemon! Never have I had a phone that only lasted 5 months. I used to rave about sprint but now there's too much competition to stick with a company that makes you feel duped. I hate to be one of those people but after 17 years maybe it's time to look elsewhere.

Sprint Social Care

PLAYBOY3030,

This is not the way we want you to feel. Please allow me opportunity to look into the options you actually have available. Have you taken the device to the repair store? If so, what has been the answer received by our technicians? Please elaborate more for further assistance.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Going over three weeks without my Bolt since sending it to HTC as directed. Seems like a lot of trouble for a customer to go through for a known issue on something they were sold. (Oh no, I didn't have insurance to take care of a known lemon so you guys had a nifty out to toss me under the bus and not own up to this WITH HTC A CARRIER PHONE)

Sprint Social Care

jerrydawg

Have you been able to get an update on HTC's end, regarding the status of repair?

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just called HTC.

They said they have my phone in repair. The parts that are needed to fix it are on back order. It could be two or more weeks before I get it back.

This is goofy.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat