cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

I was a Sprint customer for over 17 years until three days ago. I had my defective HTC Bolt replaced twice with brand new ones, and both replacements had the same defect. I gave Sprint the opportunity to make it right by giving me a refund or a different phone, but they refused. On Saturday I ported 4 phones over to another carrier and sent a demand for refund to HTC at:

Attention: Legal Department

HTC USA Corporate Office Headquarters

308 Occidental Ave S. Suite 300,

Seattle, WA 98104

Journeyman

It has been one month since it was shipped to HTC now.

No parts to fix it.

Now, they say we'll email you when we do.

This is crazy, it is just a mediocre phone. First it got lost in shipment when it was ordered, now this. Two more weeks, it will mean that I've spent 2/7 months without the phone i purchased in November. LOL wow. All because you sold a lemon you wont stand by.

Sprint Social Care

jerrydawg

Hey there! I'm really sorry to read it's taken longer than expected to receive your phone back. Have you tried calling them? Are they just providing email updates?

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The info was from phone calls. Last week, they said one to two weeks for parts. Now it's turned into two/we'll email you when. I asked if they could send me something else, I was told not at this time. 

@Sprint_Kelvin wrote:

jerrydawg

Hey there! I'm really sorry to read it's taken longer than expected to receive your phone back. Have you tried calling them? Are they just providing email updates?

Sprint Social Care

jerrydawg

Let me check if there's anything I can do to help. I'll be sending you a private message requesting for some information so I can further assist.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My HTC bolt screen went half black about 3 months after I bought it. I've been to two different sprint stores (1 corporate) and I get the same answer. We can't replace it, we can repair it for a fee, you should speak to HTC.  I can't afford to go without a phone for a couple weeks due to my job, and I don't understand why I should have to pay sprint to fix a "Sprint Exclusive" device they sold me, that I didn't break. I started using sprint when I got to college and have been doing business with them for almost a decade. This is unacceptable service. 

Journeyman

Mine just came back on the 5th. Just over 6 weeks, maybe they won't run out of parts. The phone works well when it's 100%. It still gets real hot...

Sprint Social Care

Hello perdue125 ,

Thank for taking the time to bring this concern with the device to our attention. I would like to verify the options you have available regarding this inconvenience. Can you please send me a private message? Just click on my name and then select "send a message'.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint_Kryshna, it looks like you have private messages disabled.

Master

Hi perdue125, I can help you. I just sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and reply to it when you have a chance.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Hi, Don Brown here. I bought a Bolt over the 10 at the advice of the store clerk Got it home half the 32 gig memory was gone and the phone was crashing every 5 minutes and getting very hot after 3 days of this it just quit. Went back to the store with all my complaints and just as soon as the manger saying get him another one the clerk got it to soft boot, they sent me on my way the next 6 weeks it did all the same could not make calls use apps cause it crashed they told me it was rebooting after a update 105 updates and crash's later.

i had it backing up to the sync manger when i smelled something looked at the phone just to see the screen strip then dye, I grabbed the phone and it burned my hand. I put a glove on put it in a bag and went to my Sprint Store only to be told i was past there help, oh and the phone burned the clerk's hand and he threw the phone down. it got hotter and took a hour to cool. But i had to send it to HTC REPAIR  and now i have to wait 20 or more days for a decision on how to fix or replace HAHAHAHA. I nolonger want the Brick. So i going to the Sprint Store that sold it to me and raise holy hell.    

Journeyman

Great analysis of a lousy situation for the Sprint customer - and lousy response from Sprint.  I've been a Sprint customer for 17 years - and this will be the last time I purchase anything from Sprint.  So far I've been told that the phone worked for 7 months and therefore it can't be a defective phone; it's going to cost me $200 to get it replaced with another like it even though it's still under "warranty", and there is no warranty because it wasn't purchased directly from HTC (which is impossible since it's a Sprint Exclusive).

Bottom line, thousands of us are losing hundreds of dollars because Sprint is selling a defective phone and weaseling out of doing anything to stand behind it.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat