cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Master

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Hi MomTMC! Allow me to help you, please respond to the private message I sent you. I would like to review your account and see what options are available to you.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Hope all is well with your phone, BUT!!! I don't believe its a app issue it is a hardware issue.

@BLUEKLOWN wrote:
I don't know if it's been brought up in this thread but here it goes.
My bolt started having a black right screen yesterday, do I did some quick research, and there were no answers.

I figure I try stuff myself and so far my fix has worked. Haven't had a black screen since I fixed it yesterday. The fix is uninstalling the ice view app and turn off auto update so it won't update itself.
This so far has worked for me.

Journeyman

I did respond.  I never heard another word.  I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND SPRINT AGAIN!  As soon as my contract is up - I'm moving to Verizon - after 20 years of being a loyal Sprint customer!

Sprint Social Care

Hello MomTMC! We sincerely apologize for the delay response. Please check your inbox, I have replied to your private message.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

my HTC bolt went down 3 times every time they replaced it and again the same issue the half black screen i am fed up with this. I know and have been told by sprint store and there is a policy that if the same phone goes down with the same issue all the time they replace the phone with different manufacture such as samsung or lg or any other than htc. I talked to the customer care and they say now you have to upgrade it there is no such policy to change the manufacturer and i also have an insurance but they say it wont help anything. I don't know why sprint have as a bad customer service. I want my phone to be replaced with a different manufacturer without any amount paid by my side since it was not my fault at all and the phone is itself faulty. I have more htc bolt at home and now i am worried if the same issue arises with it. i want my problem to be solved. 

Journeyman

my HTC bolt went down 3 times every time they replaced it and again the same issue the half black screen i am fed up with this. I know and have been told by sprint store and there is a policy that if the same phone goes down with the same issue all the time they replace the phone with different manufacture such as samsung or lg or any other than htc. I talked to the customer care and they say now you have to upgrade it, there is no such policy to change the manufacturer and i also have an insurance but they say it wont help anything. I don't know why sprint have as a bad customer service. I want my phone to be replaced with a different manufacturer without any amount paid by my side since it was not my fault at all and the phone is itself faulty. I have one more htc bolt at home and now i am worried if the same issue arises with it. I don't why sprint didn't do anything to recall htc bolt even after hearing so many complains and when i talked to sprint about it they say we didn't get that much complain. I want my problem to be solved. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wish you luck.  I wound up buying a different phone (not from Sprint) and having it activated.  As soon as my contract is up - I'm going to Verizon.  Actually, I may go to Verizon before my contract is up.  I am so fed up with bad customer service, I am telling everyone I recommended Sprint to - to move.

Journeyman Pf3
Journeyman

My screens goes black and may or may not turn back on. Talked to 2 Sprint stores tonight. First was helpful to tell me Bolts are all junk and HTC was replacing them. Corporate store just wanted to upgrade my phone and charge me more money. Called Sprint 800 number and told to call HTC and HTC wantes me to send my phone in for at least 10 days. They had no idea the phones are junk. Bunch of terrible service tonight especially after reading about these those online tonight. Wasting a bunch of money just to get away from Sprint after 10 years seems to be the best option.

Journeyman

i got the same story sent my Bolt in 6/23/17 have not heard a word on it and support says they changed repair places and there severs a jammed with past due repair bills like mine. i was told 10 days 2 months ago still making payments and sprint has been no help at all.  

Journeyman

if you have HTC phone numbers please share them as the ones i got are dead ends, yes i mad them mad. I want to make them madder.

Journeyman Pf3
Journeyman

He said you were no help. He had to be escalated. Read the messages.
Journeyman

they told me the same thing then called me from 00000000 with no ID then sent a email saying my case is nolonger escalated and i have to deal with the repair place but no idea were that is
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat