cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Hello climbmnts. I'm with you, a phone is necessity these days. Let's work on a solution together. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

My "adventure" with the Bolt is beginning to get tiresome (maybe cursed). I ordered it Black Friday and it was lost in shipping. I did finally get it toward mid-December. All was well at first, then the black outs, distortion, white bands started, then it finally died in mid May with all the previously mentioned. It then took nearly 7 weeks to come back.

The phone came back and didn't have issues with the screen. It began overheating, the mobile data would cut out. It would get so hot, it was uncomfortable to hold. Also, the front facing camera was filled with dust, unusable. I pulled the trigger a couple weeks ago, and opened yet another ticket with HTC and sent it in for the those issues.

I contacted HTC today because the phone hasn't shown up in their system yet. They said they see it.  There is no timeline for the repairs to be done.

Summary: I haven't had this phone a full year, just under 11 months. It has spend 9 weeks in repair. Nearly the whole time I've actually had it was breaking/not working properly. I'm sure something can be done. My LG Optimus battery has finally gave in, and Galaxy S5 is about due for a battery now.

Journeyman

Yeah wish I didnt destroy my M8 or M9 They were both awesome phones but those where my fault why they stopped working :/ I got the Bolt as a Band aid because I was still under contract with my other htc. It was on sale half price and thinking ive always had a great experience with htc what could it hurt getting the bolt. Boy oh boy was I wrong......

Journeyman

Just to add. I have the sprint insurance and i went to a sprint store yesterday here in Coventry RI and they tried to tell me it would cost me 200 dollars to replace it. I told them what they could do with that 200.00 dollar charge. The most I have every paid for a replacement phone was 25.00 due to it have a few scuffs on the casing. the bolt i have now is immaculate!! Either the tech was trying to take me for a ride or sprint has lost their mind....

Journeyman

Well I had my Bolt 30 days and everyday it rebooted 30 to 50 a day, Day 28 while connected to my lap top syncing it got so hot the screen stripped then black i tried to pick it up but it burned my hand, so i got a glove and put it in a bag. Then went to the sprint store that sold it to me, told them how hot it got and he picked it up Said This Ain't and threw it down on the sale counter yelling that's fring hot. 

Then informed me since i did not buy insurance with sprint and i was one day past the 30 day sprint warranty i would have to send it HTC, back home went to HTC OnLine Support Chat. Got a return repair number and mailed it to HTC Repair 6/23/17. Since then i have been told so much bull like server down we have no answers that are real. I have 30 days ago I asked the phone be mailed back to me what ever state it is in, then repeated that 3 weeks ago. I have seen youtube vids from 2015 India reporting all the same trouble we have two years later. This phone needs to be recalled and destroyed. Either all monies refunded or working phones issued to Bolt byers. I bought my first HTC phone 3 years ago perfect still all this time I thought HTC was better than this. My name is Don Brown HTC has all my contact info and never used it.     

Journeyman

Jesus man, that blows Smiley Sad I wish you the best of luck on your quest to get reimbursed. I have had HTC since 2008 and have always had great luck and great performance from their phones! I hope this is just a lemon and not a foreshadowing to whats to come in the future.....

Journeyman

Thank You Jaun very much for reaching out to work with me on my issues! Nice to see some Customer Support!! Much Love!! Keep up the Great work!!

Journeyman

I went to the Sprint store this morning. After reading hundreds of complaints about the HTC bolt defective screen issue, I had faith in Sprint solving this issue by now. I was wrong. Absolutely zero help. They continue to sell a highly known defective phone with no regard. My phone literally burned me AFTER the screen went completely black. Its not like I can open up back and take out the battery. I couldn't stop the hot spots from spreading half way up my screen. Once the screen decided to come back on, half of it was black where the hotness was. After the phone cooled (on its own) the black faded. This has happened 3 times now and the phone will not work for hours at a time. The Sprint store employee looked at my phone and said, there is no damage so it looks to be manufacture issue. I can contact HTC (since its only been 8 months with phone) and be without a phone for however long, but after reading these posts, that obviously will not resolve anything. All of the Bolts are defective so giving me another one until my year is up will not help anything. My next option, she said, was to pay the remainder owed on the phone and then get a new phone. WHY on earth should I be responsible for paying for HTC and SPRINT'S error???? And that was it. No solution, no customer service, no responsibility on behalf of Sprint. Has anyone been given an realistic solution? Tmobile is paying ETFs so I guess if customer service chooses not to do anything about this, that is my personal solution.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning farme003. We do know that having your phone available to you at all times is extremely important, let me explore your options. I sent you a private Message, please reply back to it so we can further assist you.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just checked my private messages. Says zero messages? Hmmmm....
Sprint Social Care

farme003. Not a problem, I just sent you another Private Message.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Bought two of these and they are not two months old, one of them has half the screen black. Been with Sprint over 16 years and have 5 lines, but their attitude regarding this phone which has a serious defect, and which is ONLY available on their network, and was sold by them directly to me, less than 2 months ago, has me thinking it's time to ditch Sprint. Hope losing a couple hundred a month in service is worth burying their head in the sand on a clearly defective product they are partnered with and has their name all over, as an exclusive no less - not only is it the smart thing, it's the right thing, and they refuse to do it. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat