cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Hello MEC-II! We wouldn't want to see you go. Let's take a look at your options. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This was the response I received this morning via private message, so don't expect much. Tmobile is paying ETFs. Probably smart to switch carriers. Sprint has been giving me the run around for about a week now and this response is right back to where we started. Clearly no customer service skills.

Good morning! Since the device already passed the 14 days satisfaction guarantee period, you'll have to payoff the remaining payments in order to do an upgrade to a new device. Sprint is basically giving you the best option with the discount that we are providing you on the device. Something else that you can do is go through the manufacture since you don't have insurance and it will take about a month for them to get the phone fixed and you'll be without a phone.

Journeyman

I have had my phone for 2 month's now.  Just started this problem yesterday.  I did the hard reset and safe mode.  On the hard reset when it first came up it was whole but within 10 mins it went back to the half display.  Now it stays stuck in the half display no matter what I do.  Seems like there needs to be an alternative to this phone since it seems to be a widespread problem.  Do I take this to sprint repair or contact HTC directly?  It's only 2.5 month's old.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning washburnsatch. I'm sorry to read that you are having trouble with the HTC Bolt. If you don't have insurance we definitely would recommend that you contact HTC since the device is under warranty for a year. Please contact HTC at https://www.htc.com/us/uh-oh-protection/bolt/terms/ or call them at 866-449-8358. If you still have questions or concerns, let us know.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is the last phone with Sprint I'll be getting. All the failures reported in this thread reveal two things - first, there is a clear defect in this model phone that deserves attention. The second is Sprint is untrustworthy as a provider - as a 17 year customer with 5 phone lines, they are going to lose me over a $200 phone they sold me two months ago that they refuse to stand behind. Smart. 

P.S. the cherry on the cake is the "did you have insurance" line, as if the phone was lost, dropped, got wet, some "insurable" calamity. No, you sold a phone with a design defect that failed almost immediately.  

Journeyman

Amen! Sprint is taking zero responsibility. They will write you a private message and offer $100 credit. U are responsible for the rest. Which is NOT helpful considering my monthly payment is 2.50. After 24months thats $60. Why would I pay $137 for a phone that is defective? The customer service (or lack there of) is why I will be leaving Sprint. I have talked to a few of my girlfriends who have also experienced this problem. Good luck to anyone who is expecting a solution. Sprint isnt interested in helping out.

Journeyman

Called HTC they say my phone which was exchanged for my htc 10 on sept 13 was activated on Nov. 18 of 2016 so it was out of warranty.  How can that be when I have the original receipt on Sept. 13th of this  year.  They say I have to pay for the repair, what gives?  So was my phone a refurbished one in a new box?  What can I do at this point. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh boy!  Wow.  I spent, over 3 months of this last under a year with thing in repair... I wonder what the next year will bring. At least I'm down to $150 on this waste of electronics. 

Sprint Social Care

Good morning washburnsatch. That doesn't sound right. Let me look into that for you. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

Hey MEC-II. Here at Sprint we value our customers and their expectation. We want to continue being your service provider, let us help you with this issue. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint customer care team on this board has been very gracious and took care of my problems with my HTC bolt.  They gave me a credit and I just leased another phone instead.

Thanks,  Juan

Journeyman

Just an update here - it took a while but Sprint did manage to take care of us on this phone. I appreciate the work of those who helped get this resolved, and keep us as customers...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat