cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

They never offered me a good enough solution to the HTC Bolt that I am STILL paying on. HTC wants me to pay to ship it to them...Sprint wanted me pay $200 up front and they eould reimburse me $100 (I am on SSI paying over half my income for rent alone so I cannot pay them $200 and wait forever the $100 that I still canmot afford to spare or me and my son will starve)....I refuse to EVER get a phone through Sprint again and can't wait until I have the junk Bolt paid off aling with my Note 5 and my sons S7....I just refuse to keep paying Sprint crap tons of money every month. I have bern a Sprint customer for 17 years now and they really have gotten by far worse (especially since the merge with Nextel MANY years ago)...I msy still find another Carrier once I have paid off these phones (S7 and Bolt will be paid off Dec this year)

Journeyman

I am also a long time Sprint customer.  After choosing to buy 2 HTC Bolts, I think after I am done paying off these lemons, I will be finding a new carrier.  My husbands phone went 1/2 black right before Thanksgiving.  Knowing I didn't take the Sprint insurance, I called HTC directly because the phone was less than 6 months old.  I was promised a turn around time of 7-10 days.  HTC received the phone on 11/27, and they still have it.  I call every single day and speak with the call center out of the US.  They can't do anything other than to apologize and to tell me they understand how frustrating it is to not have my phone. 

My phone went to a full black screen.  I called Sprint and was told to go to the store.  When I went to the store, they told me that I would need to deal with HTC directly, or pay Sprint $300 to ship my phone to get it back in 7-10 days otherwise it's about 8 weeks for HTC.  Well, luckily, I was able to eventually after hours, perform a hard reset.  However, this has happened about 4 times in the last week.

We, as Sprint customers should be able to abandon these phones and purchase something else. 

It's totally unfair to have to continue to make payments on phones that don't work properly and that Sprint knows do not work properly.

I have 18 months left and then I'm out.

Sprint Social Care

Hello lorakim78. going without a device really sucks. We get it. Let us take a look at your account and se what we can do. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I came back by to offer thanks to the Sprint Social team members.  Around 6 months ago, I was sent a replacement device for the HTC Bolt I sent to HTC in TX for repairs and couldn't subsequently find out anything conclusive, about.  The new device (a Samsung) has worked flawlessly, ever since I set it up.  It's refurbished, but it has run anything I've need it to run.  It plain old works!  Yay.

This morning, I stepped out my front door, and there was a small box on the entry path.  It was from HTC, and contained a Bolt cell phone.   I got a return kit from Sprint that I've been saving in case -- yes, I said IN CASE -- HTC ever moved on my repair ticket.  I never did hear anything from them, there wasn't any communication enclosed with the Bolt.  I am just shaking my head about HTC. 

Sprint, on the other hand, has stood behind their promise to me as a customer.  So I'm sticking with them.  Especially the Social team.  Thanks, you all!

Journeyman

I too had a resolution from Sprint that I was satisfied with.  They waived the remainder of what I owed on the HTC Bolt, arranged for an upgrade and sent me a kit to return the Bolt to them.  Trust me that piece of garbage the HTC Bolt is going to be going to Sprint via UPS today!  The Samsung Galaxy 8plus I got is out of this world! I never imagined a phone could do so much.  Thank you Sprint!!!

Sprint Employee

I'm glad you both got better phones, I had some of the first HTC smartphones we offered, and they were second to none. Samsung's powerful marketing with the Galaxy name has made it difficult for HTC to compete, but I have had good feedback about their newer, and higher end phones like the U11.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Hello,

I am experiencing a similar issue - can someone contact me for assistance?

Journeyman

Anyone available to chat?
Journeyman

Hi! @jgarrett76 . I would like to take a closer look to your account, please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Journeyman

This is not a solution. I have been to three stores in my local area and all three tell me there is nothing they can do unless I want to upgrade or purchase a new phone from them. We got this phone in September, started having the problem in October and 4 months later I am still getting the run around. I have even been given bad escalation department phone numbers by the Sprint Chat people. This phone is a Sprint exclusive, built for Sprint and Sprint simply wont service the phone? I can't even get Sprint to handle the processes with HTC. Considering this is a Sprint phone, on a Sprint account with a customer who has been with Spring for a dozen years you would think they would help resolve the problem.  I will see if I get any response from Sprint here - But their history tells me that wont happen

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you should probably read some of the responses on this page since i doubt you read through all 25 pages of posts..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hello Slselig. Thanks for reaching out to us. We are very concern to read that there has not been any resolution to the issue with your HTC Bolt. We want to help. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat