cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

We purchased our htc bolts in sep, they are not even paid off yet. My husband phone began to have 1/2 screen about a month ago, without any damage to his phone. Now, the same thing has happened to mine. We aren't adverb finished m making payments on our phones, and we cannot use them. I'm told that we should send them in to htc directly to get them fixed, but I've read all of the horror stories about that!  Plus, Who has a backup phone to use while you wait 2 months for your phone to be fixed? i think it is absolutely drediculous that there isn't a better solution to such an obviously common problem. We will be looking into a better phone carrier,  as we can not afford to buy new phones, or make a 200 insurance claim, just to have the same issue with the same phone down the road.Excuse the spelling errors, I'm worth this with 1/2 of a phone screen. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello Staceylynn. We can definitely understand your frustration. This sounds like something we need to look into. Let us take a closer look at your account. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Some details on the problems I encountered trying to keep this short:

1. Ordered HTC bolt from sprint and it was lost in the mail, then had to be resent lost about a week.
  2. Purchased phone 12/2017 screen stop working 01/2018
  3. Called sprint and was advised to take it to a store to get a loner due to the recent purchase date (no insurance on phone)
  4. Monthly insurance is more than monthly payment for phone
  5. After one hour in the store they advised me I was misinformed and nothing they can do to help me.
  6. Contacted HTC on 01/29/2018 and was advised the warranty had expired on the phone I owned for 1 month
  7. Contact sprint to obtain a copy of the lease agreement to prove Date of purchase to HTC
  8. After 3 hours on chat with HTC they accepted the mistake and opened a claim asking me to mail the phone at my cost
  9. Phone mailed 01/29/2018 and received at HTC on 02/01/2018 with a cost of $15 or 10% of the phone value
  10. HTC assured me a resolution by 02/16/2018 I have the chat copy.
  11. Now HTC advised me it might take months for this repair because of back log

I have a monthly payment for service and a phone that I can’t use because HTC has it.  The HTC bolt is a sprint exclusive no other carrier sales it.  I found a long history of complaints on the sprint website of this exact issue.  How has sprint used the number of complaints to resolve this problem?  I notice the phone is not sold in sprint stores only online for $150, is this phone discontinued?  My simple request if to take back the phone or use the relation you have with HTC to replace the phone. Another resolution if for the return of the defective phone to sprint at no charge to me and I will keep my account open with sprint with another phone that is not HTC.  After 17 years with sprint I believe my request is fair.  HTC could care less about my phone based on the recorded conversations I have, I hope Sprint can help resolve this.

Journeyman

Good morning kratos. Based your specific situation, We'll need some account information to determine the best solution for you. I will send you a Private Message, please reply back at your earliest convenience.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sent my HTC Bolt in for repair on 11/20/2017. Now it is 3 months later no phone, no contact from HTC. I purchased a unlocked Moto G5S plus. Much better phone and battery life is much better.

Journeyman

Try the chat function at HTC.com they can at least  tell you a status

Journeyman

Htc sent me back the phone without the SIM card. 

Journeyman

Who edited some of my post, and deleted  important information to the consumer of a Sprint user. This is very bad business. If this post gets deleted I am going to make sone phone calls.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning kratos. Thanks for reaching out. It's important to remember that when sending a device out to be repaired, is should only be the device without any accessories. (SIM, Charger, SD card) To obtain a replacement SIM you can visit any of our local corporate stores. For a location near you visit: Sprint.com/storelocator

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This phone sucks.  I bought 3 of them for use in my family at a deep discount and 2 of them are starting to have screen off issues, now one has half screen issue.  They should have stopped selling these phones as its an embarrassment for both Sprint and HTC.  The people at the Sprint store warned me about this phone and told me that they stopped selling them due to all the complaints and returns they had on them.  I took the risk anyways and am paying the price now.

Journeyman

Hello ChrisUrbane. We would like to access your account and verify what option we have available for you. I will be sending you a Private Message, please reply back at your earliest convenience.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I found this is a design problem, the lcd connector located on the upper right on the screen looses while using the phone, you can confirm that if press hard enough this area, definitely HTC have to recall. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat