cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

watch your back i was told contract and backside are now gone you dont owe a cent just pay your monthly norm. then i get hit with a 450$ equipment charge that is due now. Juan helped me too 

Journeyman

Yeah we got our two htc bolt I think February last year my wife and I thought they were going to be great phones they had to be for $670 on a two-year contract with no early upgrades and you know what's crazy I love HTC phones and this model broke me I will never ever get another one in as of right now I'm fed up with Sprint in the last 12 months that I've had my two phones my wife and I I have had four of them get returned back to Sprint because I don't live anywhere near repair store and all that was done is I had the exact same phone mailed back to me but brand new and you know what three months later the screen went out on that one now my wife's phone is going out again and this is going to be the third one for hers and mine is going out again and it's going to be the 4th time I've had an HTC bolt just completely stopped working I have mailed 4 or 5 phones to Sprint repair and I guess customer service address but now no one will talk to me and everybody wants me to use my insurance and I still owe $300 a piece and I'm halfway done paying them hell with this I can get a brand new Google pixel 2 XL for that same price with Verizon this **bleep** can go to collections I'm so tired of calling these people and trying to get things right. It just ain't right they sell people bad stuff and then lower the price to get rid of it quicker.. I offered to pay the deposit or down payment on new phones like 3 months ago if they would just let this rest of the lease go because technically if I paid off the rest of this lease I'd be paying off three phones if somebody bought one now 3 phones is what I would pay off if somebody was to buy an HTC bolt right now and they won't let me get another phone knowing they replaced it 5 times

Journeyman

i just went over my last 11 months of call logs and i have made 32 calls to sprint with my phones call time ranging from 2 minutes and five minutes which where disconnects the majority of about 26 calls lasted 45 minutes to an hour a few two hours. those calls where made starting 3 weeks after we received the BOLTS 21 days was all the first phone lasted two weeks after that my husbands phone screen quit... i have had my bolt replaced twice in 11 months and i called sprint 4 times around October, November, and December because this third phone is breaking down just like the last two.... i went through hell getting them replaced ,.. now 12 months into my lease they wont even consider replacing it my "only option is to pay off the 300$ i owe on each phone then i will be allowed to pay Another Down-payment for another phone....hello What ever happened to business owners stranding by their products and making sure their customers were not being sold lemons.... sorry my last 3 calls to sprint to tell them that my p\hone is acting up and has become unusable due to defect again for the third time.... not just mine now that third call i made a few weeks ago was to let them know that my husbands phone screen is black and becomes unresponsive... this is his third BOLT i have FIVE HTC BOLT BOXES on my dresser something is definitely wrong with the phones and i'm beginning to think that its also the service provider SPRINT for not solving this problem ....... i mean for real think about this..

in February 2017 i financed 2 bolts at over 600$ apiece at that same time the Samsung S7 was only $30 more so about $650 for the galaxy..
RIGHT NOW on sprints phone sales
the HTC BOLT is $25 down and $5.00 a month or you can buy it outright for $145
the Samsung S7 is PRE-OWNED at
$75.00 down $8.50 a month
or but it out right for $299.99
in February the bolt and the s7 where being sold at the same price give or take $20
now all of the sudden a pre-owned Samsung is $299.99
BUT the BOLT brand new not pre-owned is
$145.00
so that tells me right there that they know the phone is extremely defective but instead of fixing it or taking them off the shelf they lower the price to get rid of them quick...

HEY SPRINT how do you think that makes me feel...... you sell me $1200.00 worth of phones 11 months ago then 7 months after you sell them to me you drop the price from 650 to 145$..... if i don';t get this issue with these bolts solved i will attempt so seek damages.... its in my lease that if i intend to seek damages that i have to make you aware of my intentions like 6 months in advance... so here is your notification and after 20 hours talking to your service reps and a total of 5 of the same phones to go bad i am no longer asking this situation to be resolved i demand it... Taylor cannon

Journeyman

After having my first HTC bolt go completely dead after the first 30 minutes of having it, getting a replacement at the store.  The second one lasted 33 days.  The screen went black.  Sprint told me to send it to HTC.  After 2 months I got it back, it worked for several months then went black again.  Sprint would not do anything.  HTC tells me it's out of warranty.  How can that be since I didn't have it for an entire year and they had it n their possession for two months time.  Sprint finally told me to take it to a corporate repair.  The tech did understand what I was going through.  He mentioned third party programs were probably the issue.  He deleted all of that.  It worked for a week or so and now it's going black again.  I have a piece of crap that I'm paying $25.00 a month for that I can't use most of the time.  The job I have requires that I'm available almost 24 hours a day.  Sprint did admit a problem but, does not have a resolution.  How can they represent this thing as a reliable product and sell it to its faithful customers and refuse to do anything?  I've been with Sprint for 20 years and this is how I get treated?  Then there's HTC.  I don't want to get started with them.  My HTC one was great.  That's why I bought the Bolt.....thinking it would be just as great if not better.  Boy, was I wrong.  Now I have an $800.00 phone which can't be used all the time.  This sucks!  Sprint-HTC do something for all of us.  NOW!!!

Sprint Social Care

Hello ryst19. We can see how frustrated you are over this device. Let us help. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

An update to my last rant and Rave about the two htc bolts I've been stuck with since February last year I had a representative call me today it sounded like everything was going great that I would be able to get to new phones on a new contract and not have to pay a deposit sounded like a dream and then she told me to call her if there's a problem well after she transferred me I didn't realize it but you didn't give me a name or number and nobody that is on the other side of that phone can tell you who you talked to last kind of odd isn't it anyways I was on the phone from 3 in the afternoon when she called me that call lasted 15 minutes until 730pm that night.. for three and a half hours after I got off of what the phone with what I thought was a nice turnaround from what I've had to deal with I Got Shuffled around and talk to 12 different Sprint employees who could not order me a phone and would not give me a phone with no down payment and told me that I still had to return my phone's that I've spent $700 on so far so I pay $700 into what those phones cost over the course of 12 months and then to be told I have to give them the phones and pay another down payment for two new phones so not only did I lose or they're trying to they are trying to make me lose $700 of my hard earned money but they want me to pay another 500 at 275 per phone on a phone that costs the exact same amount as mine did when we got them I don't know what I'm going to do I'm mad because when I get online and don't sign into my Sprint account every phone on that website is zero down I may not have perfect credit but I paid $150 bill on time for 12 months with them so as far as I'm concerned they should consider me good credit and should have gave me the zero down without making me go through 3 hours a hell and still didn't get anywhere you know I didn't even call Sprint today she called me to help me out with my problem and it turned into three and a half hours of the same bull**bleep** that I went through every time I've called them one person sells me dreams the next 12 Crush my soul until I can't keep my eyes open and I have to put the phone down good night

Journeyman

Was told that my issue was upgraded and that I'd be contacted within 3-5 days.  Well, it's over that and haven't heard a word.  Glimmer of hope I had is going dim.

Sprint Social Care

Hello ryst19. It's important to remember that when your case is escalated, it can take 3-5 business days so that escalations reaches out you. We had a coupe of Holidays recently, let's give them a couple of more days.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well I appreciate you calling me and getting that woman to call me but it did no good all I succeeded in doing with her sending me a return package and me never able to order a phone without having to come up with another $500 when I already invested 700 into these so basically I'm waiting on a return package for my phone's I put $700 in and I was not able to get one person out of 12 people that I talk to and a three and a half hour pierod to get new phones for me. Plus I just looked at my bill online that's due and there's an extra $50 they added to it yesterday after I talk to him too
Journeyman

Juan,

Due to this phone, and other particulars, I am ready to move my phone number to a different cell provider.  Do you have any help with this request??

-Done with Sprint

Journeyman

Mr.

Due to this phone, and other particulars, I am changing my phone number to a different carrier.  Is there anything that you can do to help with this request?

-Done with Sprint

ps. dont pm through Mysprint, send a direct email.  you have it

Community Manager

Social Care Agents are unable to email customers, they don't have that access.  If you want assistance on this forum, you'll need to communicate through PM.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat